PDA

View Full Version : East Carolina University

dball
12-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Just noting a couple of errors in the front page article about ECU. They certainly played basketball long before 1965. Perhaps that was the year they became a "university" as it was East Carolina College for some time (and ECTC before that). Also, two guys jump out for me as NBA reps, Oliver Mack and Blue Edwards. I know Blue played for quite a while though he may have been better known for some off the court exploits.

CameronBornAndBred
12-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Just noting a couple of errors in the front page article about ECU. They certainly played basketball long before 1965. Perhaps that was the year they became a "university" as it was East Carolina College for some time (and ECTC before that). Also, two guys jump out for me as NBA reps, Oliver Mack and Blue Edwards. I know Blue played for quite a while though he may have been better known for some off the court exploits.

Which article are you referencing? I don't see one about ECU.
That being said..it is entirely (well halfley) their fault the Big East is dead. :rolleyes:

The Big East moved quickly to replace Rutgers and Louisville with Tulane (all sports) and East Carolina (football only), starting in 2014. The latest moves seem to have been the last straw for the basketball schools.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8749700/seven-schools-decide-leave-big-east-pursue-new-basketball-framework

Im4howdy
12-16-2012, 08:59 PM
It should be noted that ECU beat UNC in football back in the early 70's. A sociology professor I had at Duke said that game did more for getting a med school bankrolled by the NC legislature that any political pressure up to that point.

oldnavy
12-17-2012, 06:07 PM
It should be noted that ECU beat UNC in football back in the early 70's. A sociology professor I had at Duke said that game did more for getting a med school bankrolled by the NC legislature that any political pressure up to that point.

Well, maybe but Senator John East (R.I.P.) had a big role in it I seem to remember....