PDA

View Full Version : MBB: UNC-Chapel Hill 93, East Carolina 87

oldnavy
12-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Didn't see the game, but it turned into a close one... Oh Roy's probably blowing a fuse about now!

PDDuke85
12-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Didn't see the game, but it turned into a close one... Oh Roy's probably blowing a fuse about now!

Heels were probably rusty from time off for finals.......

Pause......

Insert rim shot and laughter now

hudlow
12-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Heels were probably rusty from time off for finals.......

Pause......

Insert rim shot and laughter now

Mental exhaustion...;)

Indoor66
12-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Mental exhaustion...;)

Actuall, physical exhaustion - from lifting all those books....

burnspbesq
12-15-2012, 03:24 PM

For the first and only time all semester.

PDDuke85
12-15-2012, 03:24 PM

perhaps finger sprains AKA Copy and paste syndrome

camion
12-15-2012, 03:37 PM

Someone should teach them control-c, control-v. It really saves clicks.

But that's probably in an advanced seminar class.

Indoor66
12-15-2012, 03:56 PM

Is that like Smith Tunnel Syndrome?

hudlow
12-15-2012, 04:38 PM

Well first they had to remember where they left their books....:eek:

oldnavy
12-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Ol Roy went third person again in the presser. He said that "Ol Roy isn't ecstatic about anything...".

I also loved how he through out about 50 excuses from injuries, to exams... of course he went back and CYA'd himself saying that he has to do a better job....

I was thinking, wouldn't ECU be in the exam period also? Not sure how you can spin that into a "disadvantage".

Hey, here is a stat for the rebounding discussion, Roy said he has never coached a game in which his post players didn't get an offensive rebound...

That is interesting... is UNC that weak on the inside??

gumbomoop
12-15-2012, 05:59 PM
... is UNC that weak on the inside??

This is a big issue for UNC this season. Their top 5 experienced players [McAdoo, Strickland, McDonald, Bullock, Hairston] include only one big, and McAdoo isn't an interior player in quite the same sense as Zeller and Henson last season.

Although Roy will presumably continue to play 9 or 10 guys, it's not at all certain that any of the 3 mostly-bench bigs [Johnson, James, Hubert] will develop into a consistent contributor. If not, this season's Heels may play a whole lot of small ball, with Hairston or Bullock defending the 4. IMO that's in fact a likely scenario. If it happens that way, it will be interspersed enough with a lineup with more bigs that Roy might be able to disguise or finesse the small-ball identity.

Fortunately for them, they have some guys who might be solid 3-bombers. And FAIK, Bullock, Hairston, and Strickland will be somewhat effective crashing the boards from perimeter.

oldnavy
12-15-2012, 06:27 PM
The other interesting thing is that UNC gave up 61 points in the second half. ECU outscored them by 10 points. I would like to think that we would hold ECU to 61 points for the game.

Defense may be another issue Ol Roy may want to look at. ECU has scored some points so far this year with 111 against their last opponet (St Andrews) but none of their games have really been against top tier competition.

Think about that for a minute, ECU scored 87 points on UNC in CH.... 61 in the second half.. I am still trying to process that.

BD80
12-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Boy oh boy, the ol' dean dome must've really been rockin' and rollin' today!

I understand it was so loud that there were a couple of times that those in the highest seats could not even hear the players' shoes squeeking on the court!

oldnavy
12-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Boy oh boy, the ol' dean dome must've really been rockin' and rollin' today!

I understand it was so loud that there were a couple of times that those in the highest seats could not even hear the players' shoes squeeking on the court!

That was because the folks around them were snoring too loud.

Sixty One points in a half, what is the record?? I have to go look that up, I'll be back....

Dukemomof2
12-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Isn't ol' Roy involved in making out the schedules? Doesn't he know when final exams are? Coach K has clearly scheduled Duke so as to give the players the opportunity to prepare for finals. Apparently, Roy doesn't take that same care when he's working out the schedule. No one forced him to play ECU today.

oldnavy
12-15-2012, 07:03 PM
That was because the folks around them were snoring too loud.

Sixty One points in a half, what is the record?? I have to go look that up, I'll be back....

Not listed for a regular season game, but 57 was the most in NCAA tournament play, 3 times....

Is it safe to assume then that ECU just set a record for most points scored by an opponent in one half of play in the Dean Dome???

Oh my!!

Indoor66
12-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Isn't ol' Roy involved in making out the schedules? Doesn't he know when final exams are? Coach K has clearly scheduled Duke so as to give the players the opportunity to prepare for finals. Apparently, Roy doesn't take that same care when he's working out the schedule. No one forced him to play ECU today.

You do realize that exams are not a matter of concern to unc teams, don't you?

hurleyfor3
12-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Not listed for a regular season game, but 57 was the most in NCAA tournament play, 3 times....

Is it safe to assume then that ECU just set a record for most points scored by an opponent in one half of play in the Dean Dome???

Oh my!!

No one remembers Loyola Marymount?

They rung up 149 on Michigan in the NCAA tournament, so that's at least a 75-point half. And unlv rung up on 131 on them in their regional final, so that's at least 66. Although neither were in the dumb dome.

uh_no
12-15-2012, 11:53 PM

They rung up 149 on Michigan in the NCAA tournament, so that's at least a 75-point half. And unlv rung up on 131 on them in their regional final, so that's at least 66. Although neither were in the dumb dome.

149? they could have had two 74.5 point halves!

JNort
12-16-2012, 05:56 AM

But thats not the Dean Dome against UNC

OldPhiKap
12-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Iceberg, dead ahead!

oldnavy
12-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Iceberg, dead ahead!

I agree, all the ingrediants are there... Ol Roy has gone third person, players are calling out other players (albeit not by name) for not being in it for the team, and Roy has made several comments about this team not doing what he is telling them to do, sounds familiar?

BUT to give up 61 points in a half at home??? Come on man!!!

devildeac
12-16-2012, 02:39 PM