PDA

View Full Version : and now, your moment of Battier zen...

hc5duke
08-13-2007, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJXUnabwwOY

description:
Saturday night in May, Houston Rockets Forward and Duke Alum, Shane Battier sings at Christian's Tailgate, in Midtown Houston. Fresh of the Utah Jazz game 7 defeat the prior week, Battier pours his heart into this song! By the way, who knew that Shane likes Country Music?

dukehoopsgirl
08-13-2007, 08:38 PM
And to think he was on my "All-time hot Dukies" list.....that singing was horrible!

Lord Ash
08-13-2007, 09:35 PM
He is still on my list of Duke hotties. And I am a dude, at that.

JDSBlueDevl
08-14-2007, 02:38 AM
That's not country, but rather Neil Diamond's "Forever in Blue Jeans". And yeah, it was horrible.

TillyGalore
08-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Kudo's to Shane for even getting up there. I could never do that.

He's still one of my favs. :D

dukehoopsgirl
08-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Don't get me wrong - Shane's still a favorite of mine! I've got to give him kudos, as he always struck me as too straight-laced to give karaoke a shot.

DevilAlumna
08-14-2007, 09:06 PM
The question is, will this "lighter side" of Shane help or hurt his future presidential bid?

Lavabe
08-14-2007, 10:01 PM
The question is, will this "lighter side" of Shane help or hurt his future presidential bid?

Funny, as I was watching Shane sing, I suddenly wanted to turn to the Hasselhoff link in the other thread. :eek:

Now that I think of it, Rudy's cross-dressing skits aren't really hurting him. The singing senators (including Ashcroft) were bad. And who could forget this gem from John McCain (singing Streisand):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RTuwBw9q3Sw
NAH, Shane has nothing to worry about.
Cheers,
Lavabe

Channing
08-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Does anyone remember when Shane got up and did the Rock Lobster, maybe with Dunleavy, at some talent show while still at Duke? Maybe shane has aspirations of Broadway after he is done playing.

dukemomLA
08-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Hilarious!! And such a good sport. Everyone else on stage looked soooooo small. He was a giant among midgets. (We forget how tall these guys are until we see them with normal folk).

Richard Berg
08-15-2007, 04:02 PM
My memory says that 'talent show' was a DUI show (Improv comedy) but I could be wrong.