PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Scott speaks

Jim3k
12-14-2012, 04:13 PM
From ESPN Q&A (http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/49906/qa-duke-receiver-desmond-scott)

Just like (President) Obama can’t change the world in four years, you can’t change a football program in four years. It’s taken awhile. It’s been a work in progress since Coach Cut got here, and this 2009 class is the class that got over that hump.

Smart cookie...and a heckuva receiver to boot.

OldSchool
12-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Editing my bonehead post because I was thinking of Desmond Howard!

Acymetric
12-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Wow, one of the best player interviews I've ever read. I remember giving him a huge high-five after what we thought at the time was a game-winning TD against Northwestern (frigging holding...ugh!) and was so excited to have him come to Duke. I honestly think he has a shot at going as an undrafted free agent (not sure what the football experts are saying about that possibility, if they're saying anything at all) but it sounds like he has something he really loves in teaching and working with kids as well...really refreshing to see people who enjoy helping others so much and makes it even better that he was a great Duke football player who helped lead us to a bowl!