PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Gio

dukelifer
12-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Gio Bernard is heading to the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8746488/north-carolina-tar-heels-rb-giovani-bernard-declares-nfl-draft

That guy was going to be a nightmare for opposing teams in the ACC. Kid has talent and should make it at the next level. Good luck to him.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Gio Bernard is heading to the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8746488/north-carolina-tar-heels-rb-giovani-bernard-declares-nfl-draft

That guy was going to be a nightmare for opposing teams in the ACC. Kid has talent and should make it at the next level. Good luck to him.

Good luck, and good riddance! The man is a talented player, a difference maker. We have a couple of those on our team too! :cool:

DevilWearsPrada
12-15-2012, 04:37 AM
Good luck, and good riddance! The man is a talented player, a difference maker. We have a couple of those on our team too! :cool:

DITTO OZZIE!!!!

Gio is an awesome talented young football player with incredible speed and high Football IQ! I applaud his decision to go into the NFL!! Mainly because, if he were My Son, I would want him to parlay on His High Stock Value, at the current time; before he gets an injury!!!! The best to you in your professional career Gio!!!! I hope you end up on the Carolina Panthers team!!!

And secondary, take out the GIO factor, and UNC (University of Non Compliance) would have some more "L's" in their Loss column this season!

FYI............

Some Future UNC Football recruits are on an Official visit this weekend. WORD on Franklin Street is they are staying at the Siena Hotel with their families all weekend!!!! WORD!!!! Those Boys are HUGE!!!

Go Duke!! GTHC

nyesq83
12-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Is what I called Gio and when I talked with Ross Cockrell, he called him the same thing LOL.

Good luck to Gio and good news for us, the young man is nearly unstoppable at times.

sagegrouse
12-15-2012, 09:18 AM
DITTO OZZIE!!!!

Gio is an awesome talented young football player with incredible speed and high Football IQ! I applaud his decision to go into the NFL!! Mainly because, if he were My Son, I would want him to parlay on His High Stock Value, at the current time; before he gets an injury!!!! The best to you in your professional career Gio!!!! I hope you end up on the Carolina Panthers team!!!

And secondary, take out the GIO factor, and UNC (University of Non Compliance) would have some more "L's" in their Loss column this season!

FYI............

Some Future UNC Football recruits are on an Official visit this weekend. WORD on Franklin Street is they are staying at the Siena Hotel with their families all weekend!!!! WORD!!!! Those Boys are HUGE!!!

Go Duke!! GTHC

DW Prada: These were exactly my thoughts. The careers of running backs are typically only a few years.

moonpie23
12-15-2012, 09:24 AM
glad to see him go...

what was his major?

Bob Green
12-15-2012, 09:52 AM
glad to see him go...

what was his major?

He is majoring in Exercise and Sport Science according to his biography:

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3350&ATCLID=205497740

EDIT: And I, like everyone else, am glad to see him go. I wish him a hearty "Fair winds and following seas" on his journey to the NFL.

mkline09
12-15-2012, 11:34 AM
I wish him well on his venture into the NFL. Like someone said above, the life span for an NFL running back is something like 3 years so might as well cash out now. Seeing what happened to Marcus Lattimore probably has a lot of players thinking get something now, but I hope it doesn't become a prevailing trend. Still I have to say I was greatly impressed with Bernard in his interview on a local radio channel hear in the Triangle. He came across as extremely well spoken and articulate and sounds like a genuinely nice kid who would have been an excellent representative of any university including Duke. Unfortunately he chose to wrong shade of blue but I wish him well none-the-less.