PDA

View Full Version : THAT Ray Farmer?

Blue Shark
08-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Don't know if anyone is watching HBO's Hard Knocks show re the KC Chiefs training camp, but last week they interviewed Director of Pro Personnel Ray Farmer, who looked an amazing amount like the Ray Farmer that was a standout for Duke at safety wearing #22 (before being drafted by the Eagles). Anyone know if they're, in fact, the same?

Tom B.
08-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Don't know if anyone is watching HBO's Hard Knocks show re the KC Chiefs training camp, but last week they interviewed Director of Pro Personnel Ray Farmer, who looked an amazing amount like the Ray Farmer that was a standout for Duke at safety wearing #22 (before being drafted by the Eagles). Anyone know if they're, in fact, the same?

Yep, that's him. (http://www.kcchiefs.com/front_office/ray_farmer/)

DukeDude
08-13-2007, 03:40 PM
I saw that too. I backed up the Tivo to double check that I saw it correctly. It looks like Ray has done very well for himself.

Lord Ash
08-13-2007, 04:18 PM
He was a BEAST.

Blue Shark
08-13-2007, 05:55 PM
He was a BEAST.

Amen, by far the best Duke football player I saw during my years there. And a terrifically nice guy from everything I heard. Way to go, Ray!

Uncle Drew
08-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Ray is a great guy and as far as I know was the last (and perhaps only) Duke player to make the number one play of the day on ESPN. If memory serves me correctly Duke was getting slaughtered by FSU, Ray came through blocked the extra point and ran it back for a safety. Come on NCAA, a guy does that and his reward is 2 freakin' points!:rolleyes:

OZZIE4DUKE
08-15-2007, 10:38 AM
If memory serves me correctly Duke was getting slaughtered by FSU, Ray came through blocked the extra point and ran it back for a safety. Come on NCAA, a guy does that and his reward is 2 freakin' points!:rolleyes:

We could have used those 2 points last year to win a couple of games...

newbdisapain
08-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Former stud safety is the pro personnel director for KC and got serious time on HBO tonight. Hopefully we can snag more players as good as he was for the current team.