PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Zeller Has New Baby - LaQuesha

BD80
12-06-2012, 07:58 AM
He has to travel with LaQuesha and care for her, pink diaper bag and all:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8718872/byron-scott-cleveland-cavaliers-hands-baby-dolls-strollers-three-rookies

Sounds strange to me, particularly since Coach Byron Scott conceived LaQuesha.

Maybe ol' roy IS preparing his players for the NBA, who knew?

OldPhiKap
12-06-2012, 09:17 AM
I think he got credit-hours for a class in this area, so that should help.

I hear it was a 200-level course, even.

No doubt sponsored by Similac.

CrazyNotCrazie
12-06-2012, 09:24 AM
It really pains me to take something that is clearly a well-meaning joke and turn it into something bigger, but what would happen if a white coach had given a white player a doll with a very clearly Ebonic name like that? Jason Whitlock and Stephen A Smith's heads would likely be exploding right about now...

gus
12-06-2012, 09:28 AM
It really pains me to take something that is clearly a well-meaning joke and turn it into something bigger

So don't do it.

UrinalCake
12-06-2012, 11:00 AM
So Tyler has to hang out with a baby all day - I guess being teammates with Deon Thompson was good preparation for him.

BD80
12-06-2012, 11:07 AM
It really pains me to take something that is clearly a well-meaning joke and turn it into something bigger, but what would happen if a white coach had given a white player a doll with a very clearly Ebonic name like that? Jason Whitlock and Stephen A Smith's heads would likely be exploding right about now...

What amuses me is how culturally insensitive the entire "hazing" appears to be. As one who has long been accused of being somewhat behind in social awareness, particularly with respect to the paradigm of masculinity, I am gratified to see that others are even worse than me. No longer is it socially acceptable to exhort greater effort from a group of men by calling them "girls" or "sissies." Yet Byron Scott is hazing his rookies by first making them carry pink backpacks and now carrying for baby dolls - suggesting that they are not yet "real men."

If even a neanderthal like me cringes at such a faux pas, it must be bad

weezie
12-06-2012, 11:46 AM
It would have been far more hilarious to make zeller wear Mickey Mouse ears all the time.
Get it? On top of ty's own Mickey Mouse ears? Wind distortion and general "laffability factor"?
No? Yes? :p

Jim3k
12-06-2012, 08:52 PM
What amuses me is how culturally insensitive the entire "hazing" appears to be. As one who has long been accused of being somewhat behind in social awareness, particularly with respect to the paradigm of masculinity, I am gratified to see that others are even worse than me. No longer is it socially acceptable to exhort greater effort from a group of men by calling them "girls" or "sissies." Yet Byron Scott is hazing his rookies by first making them carry pink backpacks and now carrying for baby dolls - suggesting that they are not yet "real men."

If even a neanderthal like me cringes at such a faux pas, it must be bad

As for masculinity, Sheriff Joe makes his Maricopa County prisoners wear pink underwear. He's not hazing, though. He's being contemptuous.

BD80
12-06-2012, 09:16 PM
As for masculinity, Sheriff Joe makes his Maricopa County prisoners wear pink underwear. He's not hazing, though. He's being contemptuous.

Sheriff Joe ain't bright enough to separate the white underwear from the red jumpsuits when doing laundry, and too stuborn to admit he made a mistake.

My kinda guy

-jk
12-06-2012, 09:48 PM
And this one has devolved enough.

-jk