PDA

View Full Version : Telluride Bluegrass Festival

gam7
12-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Anyone been to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival before or planning to go in June 2013? Just bought 4-day passes for a first trip there, and would love some insider tips on camping/lodging etc. (prime camping space is already sold out). If you're going, maybe we could even meet up over a cold one.

Dev11
12-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Anyone been to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival before or planning to go in June 2013? Just bought 4-day passes for a first trip there, and would love some insider tips on camping/lodging etc. (prime camping space is already sold out). If you're going, maybe we could even meet up over a cold one.

I got camping passes during the lottery for Warner Field. Also a first-timer. I'll be the one in the Duke hat, see you there :)

Via the official Planet Bluegrass site, I found festivarian.com, which appears to be the DBR of the bluegrass community, but with significantly more emoticons. I've been getting my intel from there and from a few friends who have been.

gam7
12-05-2012, 04:32 PM
I got camping passes during the lottery for Warner Field. Also a first-timer. I'll be the one in the Duke hat, see you there :)

Via the official Planet Bluegrass site, I found festivarian.com, which appears to be the DBR of the bluegrass community, but with significantly more emoticons. I've been getting my intel from there and from a few friends who have been.

Nice. Yeah, I missed the lottery, but called and sounds like sometimes it's possible to get a spot in Warner/Town Hall if/when someone cancels. Bought a bunch of passes, so may be with a fairly sizable group. Gonna work out some of these logistics in the coming months but for now, I'm just excited that I have tix. I'll get acquainted with festivarian.com.

Dev11
12-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Nice. Yeah, I missed the lottery, but called and sounds like sometimes it's possible to get a spot in Warner/Town Hall if/when someone cancels. Bought a bunch of passes, so may be with a fairly sizable group. Gonna work out some of these logistics in the coming months but for now, I'm just excited that I have tix. I'll get acquainted with festivarian.com.

Right on, see you there. I don't believe the DBR and festivarian communities have a ton of crossover.

killerleft
12-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Right on, see you there. I don't believe the DBR and festivarian communities have a ton of crossover.

LOL. But there are some of us. I haven't missed the four days of Merlefest in well over a decade.

An Americana trio that has performed at Telluride:

http://americanaagency.com/The_Stray_Birds.html

Long live the clawhammer.

hurleyfor3
12-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Get an SUV, park it in national forest lands at night and sleep in the car.

Think I'm kidding? I do it all the time.