PDA

View Full Version : WBB: 77-63 over #10 Cal

CameronBornAndBred
12-02-2012, 04:05 PM
The women are looking great. Awesome defense, nice shooting all around. Watched on the goduke.com feed, it looked like a decent crowd in Cameron today...better than I have seen for other early season matchups so hopefully that is a good sign for the rest of the year. This team is really impressive, they have the potential to have a truly great season.

Indoor66
12-02-2012, 04:37 PM
I am a little out of touch with the women. What is the sutuation with Amber Hensen?

jimsumner
12-02-2012, 05:39 PM
I am a little out of touch with the women. What is the sutuation with Amber Hensen?

Recovering from knee surgery. ETA, January.

It's Henson, btw.

burnspbesq
12-02-2012, 07:58 PM
It is nice to see the MASH unit emptying out. Richa got in against Michigan, Chloe got in today. Still waiting on Amber. And we won't see Katie Heckman until next year.

jimsumner
12-02-2012, 08:02 PM
It is nice to see the MASH unit emptying out. Richa got in against Michigan, Chloe got in today. Still waiting on Amber. And we won't see Katie Heckman until next year.

Richa Jackson dressed out today but didn't feel right in warm-ups and pulled herself out. Hopefully not serious.

wandalee
12-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Great all-around game today. Cal is/was ranked #10 and we really dominated them overall. Elizabeth was in foul trouble in the 1st half so didn't get much playing time until half 2. The regulars of Chelsea, Trica, Alison, Haley, and Alexis played great.
Surprisingly, not much of a crowd today - just 2000-3000, at most.
This team has so much potential, especially when we get Chloe and Richa back full time and when Elizabeth gets healthier. Should be a fun season.

uh_no
12-03-2012, 12:01 AM
It's hard to gain much out of this, but that's about the margin you'd expect an elite team to beat another top 25 team by.

For the record, here are the margins of such games so far this year

Baylor over UK 34 points
Uconn over Texas A&M 31 points
Uconn over Purdue 34 points
Duke over cal 14 points

so a good win, for sure, but like in years past, I don't think we can fully evaluate the team until they get to Connecticut at the end of january.

Duke's OOC schedule is unfortuantely very weak relative to the other top teams, so while we may come in with gaudy win totals and margins, in the women's game, it's always a world of difference playing those top teams. We'll see Duke against Uconn, and that will likely be the best indication of whether this team has a chance to win the national title or get out of a region which includes one of Uconn, Stanford, or Baylor.

burnspbesq
12-03-2012, 06:57 AM
get out of a region which includes one of Uconn, Stanford, or Baylor.

Say what, now?

Realistically, Duke's record on Selection Sunday should be no worse than 29-3, and could easily be 31-1.

And you're implicitly assuming that Duke will be a two seed?

Based on what?

CameronBornAndBred
12-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Surprisingly, not much of a crowd today - just 2000-3000, at most.

HA! I noted in my post that the crowd looked decent. You have a better perspective than me since you were there, how have the crowds been up to this point? I was thinking that for a nice weather, early season weekend that folks were likely out doing shopping or other outdoor activities the number that showed up wasn't bad.

Lid
12-03-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm not good at estimating numbers, but it was definitely the biggest crowd so far this year. General admission downstairs was relatively full when we got there ~10 min prior to tip. I was pleasantly surprised, but then they did sell tickets for $2, so I'm sure that helped.

There have been a few students there the last couple of games, but I didn't notice if there were any this time.

uh_no
12-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Say what, now?

Realistically, Duke's record on Selection Sunday should be no worse than 29-3, and could easily be 31-1.

And you're implicitly assuming that Duke will be a two seed?

Based on what?

i not sure I said that....but feel free to infer whatever you like....

I think duke will be a 1 seed. I also think they don't think they will advance past either of the other three teams listed. Whether that occurs in the elite 8, final 4, or championship game is largely irrelevent.

sagegrouse
12-03-2012, 10:12 AM
i not sure I said that....but feel free to infer whatever you like....

I think duke will be a 1 seed. I also think they don't think they will advance past either of the other three teams listed. Whether that occurs in the elite 8, final 4, or championship game is largely irrelevent.

To you maybe, but to me. I think a Final Four would be great -- anything beyond would be fabulous.

sagegrouse

Duvall
12-03-2012, 11:01 AM
I think duke will be a 1 seed. I also think they don't think they will advance past either of the other three teams listed.

A bizarre claim to make on December 3. We don't even know what Duke's starting lineup will be in a month, let alone March.