PDA

View Full Version : upset alert - UK/ND

moonpie23
11-29-2012, 08:25 PM
irish hammering the cats with 11 left.....53-35

dukelifer
11-29-2012, 08:31 PM

Not helping Duke's case for March. Playing on the road is not easy for a young team.

Dr. Rosenrosen
11-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Love it, but would it really bean upset at this point? UK barely beat Maryland and then beat up on some cupcakes.

tbyers11
11-29-2012, 08:32 PM

Except that Vegas has ND favored by 1.5. I'm surprised that UK looks as bad as they do but not entirely shocked that they are losing to a good team in their first true road game

MaxAMillion
11-29-2012, 08:33 PM

UK has got to find some quality point guard play from somewhere. Otherwise they will struggle mightily.

moonpie23
11-29-2012, 08:33 PM
down to 16......still a lot of time 7 min

Lunchab1es
11-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Unless they flip a magic switch, this game is over. It makes our win look a bit less impressive, but, oh well.

dukejim1
11-29-2012, 08:53 PM
ACC beats Kentucky again

sporthenry
11-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Not helping Duke's case for March. Playing on the road is not easy for a young team.

I would have liked UK to win for Duke's March resume. Duke beating a top 5-10 UK come March is much better than a top 25 UK team. Additionally, ND has one of the longer OOC home win streaks so I'd like to see Duke's record look that much more impressive.

flyingdutchdevil
11-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Jack Cooley looks shockingly like Luke Harangody. It's a little frightening...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://frathousesports.com/wp-content/uploads/Jack-Cooley-Luke-Harangody-Notre-Dame.jpg&imgrefurl=http://frathousesports.com/luke-harangodys-jack-cooley/&h=324&w=576&sz=46&tbnid=cn1lsDOTreyIsM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=160&zoom=1&usg=__cFqHqTchQg-XSAdeafR-5hPVWxM=&docid=YeQ1cLosxcIqeM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ZxO4UMCuEIam9gTB2ID4AQ&ved=0CDsQ9QEwAg&dur=1038

Yes - those are indeed two different players.

BD80
11-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Jack Cooley looks shockingly like Luke Harangody. It's a little frightening...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://frathousesports.com/wp-content/uploads/Jack-Cooley-Luke-Harangody-Notre-Dame.jpg&imgrefurl=http://frathousesports.com/luke-harangodys-jack-cooley/&h=324&w=576&sz=46&tbnid=cn1lsDOTreyIsM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=160&zoom=1&usg=__cFqHqTchQg-XSAdeafR-5hPVWxM=&docid=YeQ1cLosxcIqeM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ZxO4UMCuEIam9gTB2ID4AQ&ved=0CDsQ9QEwAg&dur=1038

Yes - those are indeed two different players.

One of the reasons the ACC chose to invite ND was the success ND has had in its cloning research ;)

dukebballcamper90-91
11-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Brey can flat out coach

dukebballcamper90-91
11-29-2012, 09:48 PM
and Mays was their leading scorer, wow, he was not that good when he played for the bad guys in Raleigh

rthomas
11-29-2012, 10:06 PM
I would have liked UK to win for Duke's March resume. Duke beating a top 5-10 UK come March is much better than a top 25 UK team. Additionally, ND has one of the longer OOC home win streaks so I'd like to see Duke's record look that much more impressive.

uh, do you think this REALLY affects Dukes resume at this point? Really?

mapei
11-29-2012, 10:21 PM
I hardly ever root for a team or not because of how it might affect a ranking of my team. For me, that sort of calculation takes the fun out of sports. I tend to root for my favorites, of course, and against their rivals; I root for schools with good academics; and, if it's a big state school, I root for blue states to beat red ones. Life's too short to let rationality get in the way of emotion! I'm glad Notre Dame won because I like Notre Dame. I have no feelings one way or another about Kentucky most of the time.

dukelifer
11-29-2012, 10:31 PM

UK is a young team who are learning that they are not in high school anymore- and over-ranked at this point. My comment about Duke in March was really in jest as these things always get over analyzed.

sporthenry
11-29-2012, 10:40 PM

Well obviously it doesn't affect their resume that much at the moment but time will tell. The ACC, even with a tie in the B1G challenge doesn't look particularly tough and Duke might not face another top 10, top 15 team all year. UNC fans are quickly looking for cushy landing spots to jump off the band wagon.

So Duke might have gotten all of its signature wins. Obviously if they take care of business, this is a moot point but if they lose a handful of games, this could matter.

It was an overreaction in that this game doesn't matter much but if UK continues on this trend, UK won't pose too much of a challenge for UF who probably be in the conversation for a 1 seed as well. Perhaps I'm just a bit too excited for March already but I do think we undervalue these November/December games b/c the committee values these games just about as much as a game in March.

TruBlu
12-09-2012, 01:08 PM
I just watched the John Calipari coach's show. We have been lied to by the Media and our own eyes. According to the coach's show highlights the scores were as follows:

Kentucky 50 Notre Dame 0

Kentucky 55 Baylor 0

p.s. Yep, I know. I'm going to set my water heater to "boil" and take a 30 minute shower.

oldnavy
12-09-2012, 01:16 PM
It makes me feel a little intellectually dishonest when I say we have beaten 3 top 5 teams....

Factually correct, but not really....

Jarhead
12-09-2012, 10:42 PM
I just watched the John Calipari coach's show. We have been lied to by the Media and our own eyes. According to the coach's show highlights the scores were as follows:

Kentucky 50 Notre Dame 0

Kentucky 55 Baylor 0

p.s. Yep, I know. I'm going to set my water heater to "boil" and take a 30 minute shower.

Kentucky's next game is at home next Saturday against Lipscomb University. We may drop out of the top ten if Kentucky loses to Lipscomb.

sporthenry
12-09-2012, 11:21 PM
It makes me feel a little intellectually dishonest when I say we have beaten 3 top 5 teams....

Factually correct, but not really....

Agreed. I was just thinking this. All the b-ball pundits love to say how college basketball is so much better than football b/c these silly preseason polls don't matter but in reality, they do. I'm assuming RPI wins are calculated at the end of the year but not quite sure we can tote a win vs UK.

roywhite
12-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Frustrated John Calipari takes anger out on assistant (http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/08/frustrated-kentucky-coach-john-calipari-takes-anger-out-on-assistant-coach/1755783/)

From USA Today:

This showing of frustration is just another sign Calipari isn't going to let up on his inexperienced squad, and we're seeing more and more why he called voters "goofballs" for picking his team as third best during preseason.

Kentucky, the defending national champion, started the season No. 3 in both rankings, but losses to Duke, Notre Dame and Baylor changed voters' thinking