PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Louisville (Nov 24, 2012)

JBDuke
11-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 76-71 win over Louisville to win the Battle for Atlantis?

HateCarolina
11-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Suilamon for me tonight.

SCMatt33
11-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Quinn Cook wanted the ball at the end. He wanted the floater. He wanted to get fouled the first time instead of passing to Curry. He didn't hesitate on any of the four FT's. Give it to Quinn.

JNort
11-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Anyway it's gotta be Mr. Cook for me! Handled the offense well, didn't falter against good defense, played smart with 4 fouls, clutch shot in the lane, and of course 4-4 from the line at the end to seal it. Props to Quinn

- Nvm the poll has been added

pamtar
11-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Cook just got MVP of the tourney. Wanted to go with Rasheed early but the spin move plus not even hitting the rim on the final four FTs sealed it in my book. Really exited about this team!

Ian
11-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Quinn Cook for me. Not only did he make all the plays at the end. He also made the huge 3 to put Duke ahead after Louisville hit a 3 take a lead. 14 points, 6 assists and 4 rebounds.

mapei
11-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Quinn because he was so clutch at the end. Could have been any of our guards, really, but QC earned it in prime time.

Edouble
11-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Huge 3, 4 for 4 from the line, and the great spin move to close the game.

I also don't think the team is in the position to do great things like beating multiple top five teams if we don't have a great ball handler/passer like Quinn at the helm.

dukejim1
11-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Quinn got hit hard by Smith during that 4 minute stretch in second half, who repeatedly took Quinn to the basketball, talking trash, and drawing some frustration fouls. Quinn then hit the three to regain the lead and made most of the big plays down the stretch. I think we saw a young kid who has let his emotions run very high and very low at times grow up and respond very well to two of the better guards in the country. This is very exciting for his confidence and future.

-bdbd
11-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Quinn Cook, because he played so calm and confidently, took care of the ball (very few turnovers versus a great defense) and hit some key shots. Just call him "clutch."

It is so good to see his confidence growing like this. I said on these boards a week or two ago that his development and confidence emerging over the course of the season is just critical to how this team will do in March. Getting the MVP award for the tournament HAS to give him even more confidence now.

This truly was a great TEAM win and several guys stepped up.

I'm thinking we need to add an award going forward -- call it the "phantom" award (or "Daniel Ewing Honorable" award?!). It would be for the Duke player it receives the most PHANTOM foul calls in the match. Cuz Ryan Kelly would win that one hands down tonight... :rolleyes:

OldPhiKap
11-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Voted Rasheed, but Quinn is a worthy choice as well. Ryann had some key defensive plays, Mason hit big free throws. Curry hit big shots.

Really like this TEAM. Sum > parts.

brumby041
11-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Quinndiculous!

left_hook_lacey
11-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Went with Rasheed. I thought he made some big plays earlier in the game that kept us in the lead when Louisville was trying to make big runs. He was under control and never looked rattled or rushed. Very exciting stuff when looking forward.

What I like the most though, is the case could be made for 3-4 players for MOTM. That shows we have fluid strengths and play as a team, giving us the ability to adapt to anyone's style. I know it's still early, and Louisville was a little short-handed, but I'm getting really excited about this team. A lot of early season ?'s are turning into !'s.

Dukeblue91
11-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Quinn Cook hands down.
He really came through at the end and would not let the emotions get the better of him.
I really think we saw him grow up and mature last night right before our eyes.
His plays and free throws the last few minutes where just huge.

captmojo
11-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Quinn Cook hands down.
He really came through at the end and would not let the emotions get the better of him.
I really think we saw him grow up and mature last night right before our eyes.
His plays and free throws the last few minutes where just huge.

Agreed. And, you could see that offensive floor direction was clean and organized when he was on the floor. He ended the night with six assists.

Kelly for Honorable Mention. He was good for being in the right spot/right time when Mason was caught out of position. Ryan grabbed some very important rebounds. Mason had 7, Ryan had 6. It's been a while since Mason was held to less than double figures on the glass. Ryan's last two fouls were ...whatever adjective is your favorite.

basket1544
11-25-2012, 11:51 AM
I voted for Seth and now seeing the numbers feel I should justify it since I'm the only one so far. Seth did a very good job and managed to stay effective even though he's running on one leg. He amazes me.
The whole team won this game though. Rasheed's defense, Quinn's free throw shooting, Mason and Ryan keeping everyone calm when Louisville made their run, Josh and AJ and Alex coming in off the bench and maintaining what the much bigger and more experienced players were doing. Great job!

Newton_14
11-25-2012, 12:15 PM
It was a very balanced attack in the championship game for sure. Quinn closed the deal down the stretch with the game hanging in the balance, so props to him, but I voted for Rasheed. Rasheed hit a lot of big shots and made big plays through the core part of the game, and helped Duke establish the solid lead. I thought he was huge.

Like others have said though, in this game you could make an argument for any of the 5 starters...