PDA

View Full Version : Duke has four committs ranked in the top 50

ATLBaller
11-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Full Court just launched rankings for the 2013 class... They are very different than ESPN... Chidom is ranked much higher, but Kendall Cooper is much lower... very interesting

http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/2013players

sagegrouse
11-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Full Court just launched rankings for the 2013 class... They are very different than ESPN... Chidom is ranked much higher, but Kendall Cooper is much lower... very interesting

http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/2013players

Very good news. It's women's basketball -- I had hoped it was football. :D -- sagegrouse

Turtleboy
11-22-2012, 08:30 AM
To be more precise, Duke has 4 recruits in the top 32.

jimsumner
11-22-2012, 08:44 AM
To be more precise, Duke has 4 recruits in the top 32.

About half way through the list, it occured to me that we need to pay more attention to the Notre Dame recruits than the Maryland recruits.

MChambers
11-22-2012, 08:53 AM
About half way through the list, it occured to me that we need to pay more attention to the Notre Dame recruits than the Maryland recruits.
And we may need to consider the Connecticut recruits, too. Interestingly, there are few listed there, and those that are listed are not very high.

uh_no
11-22-2012, 11:36 AM
And we may need to consider the Connecticut recruits, too. Interestingly, there are few listed there, and those that are listed are not very high.

Geno likes his teams smaller (he only has 11 on the team this year) despite having what is it, 15 schollies for women's bball?

THey have 2 seniors who see reasonable playing time and both are mostly non-scoring guards. Their scoring mostly comes from:

Stephanie Dolson: JR
Kalena Mosqueda Lewis: SO
Bria Hartley: JR
Breanna Steward: FR

The only hole is they will be down to three guards, and they have one coming in. Since geno doesn't need a high powered scoring guard (and traditionally his top scorers have been forwards and centers), he may be looking for other things in his guards: court awareness, passing ability, etc. which might cause a recruit to be ranked lower than the scoring guards. That said, I don't know much about this one girl they DID get and whether he went after anyone else. (looking again, it looks like the top two forwards in the class were interested in Uconn, but who knows if they were offered)

Either way, I don't think they have any major holes that won't be filled, and next years recruiting class will be much more critical, with two huge pieces graduating.

Uconn aside, several teams look to have good classes at face value: Duke, stanford, North Carolina, and especially Tennessee.

MChambers
11-22-2012, 11:38 AM
I was hoping it signaled a decline in UConn's fortunes, but I didn't think it was all that likely.

uh_no
11-22-2012, 12:06 PM
I was hoping it signaled a decline in UConn's fortunes, but I didn't think it was all that likely.

Even if it was, I doubt I'd want to admit it :)

One thing it DOES mean is that other schools will be able to field highly competitive teams.

Watching uconn beat up some overmatched opponent isn't that much fun (and I'm sure many of us can feel the same way about duke beating someone up).

I'd much rather uconn never go undefeated again and play competitive games week in and week out.

One reason I'd like to see uconn in the ACC would be to see the amazing quality of women's basketball that would ensue

Uconn
ND
Duke
UNC

there would be some big game every week....something that the women's game is currently lacking.