PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Deal for Cutcliffe!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
ESPN reporting that Duke has signed Coach Cut through 2019 - this is excellent news.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8659579/david-cutcliffe-duke-blue-devils-agrees-long-term-extension

CameronBornAndBred
11-21-2012, 11:05 AM
We've accomplished some of the goals we laid out five years ago, but are nowhere close to where we want to be.
I love that line. Never settle, always look ahead. Duke will be playing for championships under Coach Cut.

Dev11
11-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Congratulations to Coach Cutcliffe on a job well done so far in Durham, and to many more bowl games in the future!

Raise your hand if you thought we were getting this good of a leader on the heels of the Roof era.

gls6
11-21-2012, 11:16 AM
I love how he was talking about commitment last night on the radio. I was really worried that he was going to leave after this season for a "better program"

OldPhiKap
11-21-2012, 11:20 AM
This is wonderful news! Very happy for Cut, very happy for us.

He is a great fit for us. Integrity, loyalty, striving for excellence.

A great representative of a great institution.

CameronBornAndBred
11-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Congratulations to Coach Cutcliffe on a job well done so far in Durham, and to many more bowl games in the future!

Raise your hand if you thought we were getting this good of a leader on the heels of the Roof era.
I was sure we were getting an excellent leader, but we had no way of knowing how that would translate to the action on the field. From the first days after his hire, Cutcliffe talked about changing the culture of Duke football from the top down, I had no doubt that he had the leadership skills to make that happen.
He talked about recruiting faster players, and getting the team into shape. I had no doubt that he had the leadership skills to do that either.
I have been quite happy to see that he also has the skills to lead on the field as well, and I wasn't so sure about that. (And I'm still iffy on Roper, but at least I am enjoying more of his plays now.)

Indoor66
11-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Congratulations to Coach Cut and Duke. Also kudos to Joe Alleva for the hire and Kevin White for the leadership.

SmartDevil
11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Excellent news!! He will take the very significant progress he's already made with the Duke football program considerably further!!

Gewebe14
11-21-2012, 12:41 PM
I hope they included a clause that allows someone else on the coaching staff to make all fake-punt decisions :). JK - very happy to hear this!

OZZIE4DUKE
11-21-2012, 03:33 PM
I am very pleased! Congratulations Coach Cut! :cool:

kingboozer
11-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Great news, happy to see our athletic department make such a big commitment to Cutcliffe!

TruBlu
11-21-2012, 04:52 PM
I love how he was talking about commitment last night on the radio. I was really worried that he was going to leave after this season for a "better program"

In reality, there are far fewer "better programs" than Duke now than there was when he arrived.

I have frequently b******, er - excuse me complained about some of the play-calling and sideline decisions made during Cut's reign, but there is no doubt that the team and program overall is in far better shape because of Cut.

PDDuke85
11-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Great news, happy to see our athletic department make such a big commitment to Cutcliffe!

Upward and onward with the "Progrum"

Happy Thanksgiving all in Blue Devil Nation and I look forward to a full WW Saturday!

jv001
11-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Upward and onward with the "Progrum"

Happy Thanksgiving all in Blue Devil Nation and I look forward to a full WW Saturday!

Happy Thanksgiving and God bless Duke fans across this site. Great day for Duke football. GoDuke!

-bdbd
11-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Geat news for Duke and for those young men/student athletes. Cut really represents Duke University about as well as we could ever hope. The program is heading in the right direction. Good news all around.

Reilly
11-21-2012, 11:46 PM
... Also kudos to Joe Alleva for the hire ....

No. It's been explained on this board often: Cap'n Joe wanted Karl Dorrell and had to have his arm twisted on Cut. Others made the (proper) call.

Olympic Fan
11-22-2012, 12:36 AM
No. It's been explained on this board often: Cap'n Joe wanted Karl Dorrell and had to have his arm twisted on Cut. Others made the (proper) call.

Give Leo Hart and C.G. Newsome -- two former players who were the movers on the selection committee -- credit for forcing Cutcliffe down Joe's reluctant throat

Indoor66
11-22-2012, 10:42 AM

If he gets the blame for all the bad he gets the credit for all the good. His watch.

Acymetric
11-22-2012, 11:00 AM
If he gets the blame for all the bad he gets the credit for all the good. His watch.
He gets the credit (and blame) for decisions he made. It is known that his decision was Karl Dorrell. Others wanted Cut and those people get the credit. I don't give Joe any credit for bringing in Cut or helping start the football revival.