PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. FGCU (Nov. 18, 2012)

JBDuke
11-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 88-67 win over Florida Gulf Coast?

striker219
11-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Can I vote for the guy who shot free throws for Mason? Fun fact: the last time he shot 11 free throws in a game was last December against Washington. He hit 2 of them.

Ggallagher
11-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Mason's game was outstanding, but I have to go with Kelly. He disrupted a lot of FGC's plays and grabbed some tough rebounds that turned into scores.

timmy c
11-18-2012, 10:47 PM
28 points (9/11 from the field, 10/11 from the line), 9 REB, 2 BLKS. Efficient and effective.

JNort
11-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Really wanted to vote for Sheed but Cook just made things go when he was handling the ball. His stat line may say 8 assists but he was the one who usually passed the ball first to a guy who gets doubled then that guy would pass for an assist thanks to Cook setting up a play. Again I will also say I love that Cook pushes the ball up court on every possession plus his defense is smothering! Unfortunately for Mason I am probably gonna have a hard time voting for him as much just because I believe this is how he should look every night. There will be times I vote for him though they will just be tougher with my expectations raised.

JNort
11-20-2012, 04:30 AM
Really wanted to vote for Sheed but Cook just made things go when he was handling the ball. His stat line may say 8 assists but he was the one who usually passed the ball first to a guy who gets doubled then that guy would pass for an assist thanks to Cook setting up a play. Again I will also say I love that Cook pushes the ball up court on every possession plus his defense is smothering! Unfortunately for Mason I am probably gonna have a hard time voting for him as much just because I believe this is how he should look every night. There will be times I vote for him though they will just be tougher with my expectations raised.

By this I meant I will be much more likely to vote for him when he plays stiffer competition. Yes getting 28 is impressive on anyone but more so against UK,KU, IN, UNC, etc... ALso would like to see him rebound better against these smaller teams (13+). I did vote for Mason against UK and to me that scoring output was far superior to this game.