PDA

View Full Version : GoDuke.com Video Nightmare

burnspbesq
11-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Am I the only person who hasn't been able to watch either women's basketball game this weekend because the new HD video player is a @#$%^ disaster, and technical support is a joke?

I have a MacBook Pro with 8 gigs of RAM, running OS 10.8. I have the most recent versions of Flash, Silverlight, and Flip4Mac. I've tried it in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. In each case, the HD video feed is unwatchable (the standard streaming video for highlights, etc. works perfectly).

In addition, video in the iPad app won't even launch (the spinning ball of death spins forever).

Any thoughts?

Lid
11-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Oh no, that's a shame. Both games were great. The spinning ball of death may have actually been HD video of the block Elizabeth Williams sent straight into the Iona bench today, though.

(For the record, I haven't tried the app -- was fortunate to go to both games. Sorry I can't help.)

burnspbesq
11-18-2012, 04:53 PM
The spinning ball of death may have actually been HD video of the block Elizabeth Williams sent straight into the Iona bench today, though.

LOL. Well played, sir.

Gargoyle
11-18-2012, 05:14 PM
I only saw today's game. The audio was often disconcerting with the public address announcer drowning out the game announcers. The HD video was the best I have ever seen on GoDuke. I use Firefox and Windows 7 Home Premium.

Cameron
11-18-2012, 06:48 PM
The last time I used GoDuke's video feature, for a preseason men's game before last season, I thought I was watching our team land on the moon. I admit that scheduling an away game in outerspace would really do wonders to convince the detractors that Coach K doesn't fear true road environments, but I'm pretty sure we weren't actually playing on the moon and that GoDuke just sucks.

The idea of the video player is great, but the model is very poor. At least that has been my experience. Others here swear by GoDuke Inside Access and think it's the best thing ever. It just hasn't been that way for me.

du_bb1
11-19-2012, 07:53 AM
had tried yearly for past 3 years--never did get good feed or help from tech support.

left_hook_lacey
11-19-2012, 01:00 PM
This is disappointing news. It appears I'm gonna have to go this route if I want to watch the game this Thursday. I was planning to watch it on the 55" in the living room, but if the quality is bad on the small screen, it will be terrible on the big screen. I'm with Suddenlink and I don't get Axe.tv or whatever it's called.