PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to watch the game next Thursday on AXS TV?

wgl1228
11-15-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed but is AXS.tv free? Is the game on anywhere else? If you have researched this could you provide some info. Thanks.

wgl1228
11-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Update: I don't know about online but if you have Directv its on channel 340.

Turtleboy
11-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Where do you get regular TV? DishNetwork has AXS, at least for now.

Go here (http://www.axs.tv/), click on subscribe, and see if that helps. You may be able to watch it on the internet.

Also, on that page a box will come up. You can enter your zip and provider to find which ones carry it in your area.

Indoor66
11-15-2012, 12:42 PM
My Comcast does not carry AXS.

devil84
11-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Time Warner Cable does not carry AXS.TV either. Neither does the Verizon Video app on my cell phone.

AT&T U-verse carries it, but I'm not prepared to switch (the current deals are more expensive than the deal I was able to get from TWC).

I don't think AXS.TV (http://www.axs.tv) has an online subscription option. It looks like they'll point you to cable providers. I'd love to be proven wrong!

We've scheduled dinner around the game, and we're now thinking we'll have to find a sports bar, if any are open on Thanksgiving Day.

IBleedBlue
11-15-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't know about if this works in states but I live in Montreal and got an annual college pass at www.espnplayer.com. The total for annual college pass is CAD 149.99 and I get approximately 500 college basketball & football games that are broadcasted on any ESPN channels i.e. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3. This pass also includes NCAA March Madness games broadcasted by CBS.
Good thing is most of Duke's games are on ESPN. So, I should be able to make the most of my subscription and may be able to catch a couple of Duke football games also.
Transmission quality is full HD & is excellent. Obviously, you need to have a broadband internet connection for it to work.

diablesseblu
11-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Suddenlink has AXS available, but only under their "HD Plus" option (channel 203) in my area. I just added that option ($6 or $8 mo.) so the large Duke crowd at my house on T-day can watch the game. Will just drop that package after.

markbdevil
11-15-2012, 01:47 PM
I have seen the NBC Sports Network (ch 1514 on TWC) advertise coverage of this tournament. Don't know if they are carrying all the games.

HaveFunExpectToWin
11-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Channel 569 on Verizon FiOS TV.

BigWayne
11-15-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't know about if this works in states but I live in Montreal and got an annual college pass at www.espnplayer.com. The total for annual college pass is CAD 149.99 and I get approximately 500 college basketball & football games that are broadcasted on any ESPN channels i.e. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3. This pass also includes NCAA March Madness games broadcasted by CBS.
Good thing is most of Duke's games are on ESPN. So, I should be able to make the most of my subscription and may be able to catch a couple of Duke football games also.
Transmission quality is full HD & is excellent. Obviously, you need to have a broadband internet connection for it to work.

This game is on AXS.TV, which is a limited distribution cable channel not controlled by the ESPN empire. Despite it's name of .TV, it is not an internet based channel for live programming.

HaveFunExpectToWin
11-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Merge with http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?29551-AXS-tv ?

BigWayne
11-15-2012, 03:33 PM
I have seen the NBC Sports Network (ch 1514 on TWC) advertise coverage of this tournament. Don't know if they are carrying all the games.

If you check the official Duke schedules, you will notice that the first day is on AXS.TV and the 2nd/3rd days are on NBCS.

NSDukeFan
11-15-2012, 03:34 PM

Thanks for sharing that. I will definitely be considering that on a monthly basis ($29.99.)

OZZIE4DUKE
11-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Double checked on the link provided above, and TWC doesn't carry it in the Triangle area. Here's a list of those that do and their channels.

AXS TV is available on Providers:

AT&T U-verse TV
Channel #1105

CenturyLink Prism - Raleigh
Channel #1105

DIRECTV
Channel #340

DISH Network
Channel #362

gumbomoop
11-15-2012, 05:00 PM
If you check the official Duke schedules, you will notice that the first day is on AXS.TV and the 2nd/3rd days are on NBCS.

Probably/maybe. The Duke schedule assumes, understandably, that Duke will beat Minn. The winners' bracket [evening] games are on NBCS. The consolation bracket [afternoon] games continue on AXS. Thus, if Duke beats Minn, both of its other 2 games will be on NBCS; if Duke loses to Minn, both of its other 2 games will be on AXS. Gotta beat Minn, for many reasons.

BigWayne
11-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Probably/maybe. The Duke schedule assumes, understandably, that Duke will beat Minn. The winners' bracket [evening] games are on NBCS. The consolation bracket [afternoon] games continue on AXS. Thus, if Duke beats Minn, both of its other 2 games will be on NBCS; if Duke loses to Minn, both of its other 2 games will be on AXS. Gotta beat Minn, for many reasons.
I wondered about that also. I thought it was a bit presumptuous to list the actual time slots assuming we win the first two days. Brought to memory the famous quotes from the Indiana folks from an NCAA regional when the Duke support people were talking about what time they would play in the next round assuming we would beat Indiana, which we did not.

superdave
11-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Double checked on the link provided above, and TWC doesn't carry it in the Triangle area. Here's a list of those that do and their channels.

AXS TV is available on Providers:

AT&T U-verse TV
Channel #1105

CenturyLink Prism - Raleigh
Channel #1105

DIRECTV
Channel #340

DISH Network
Channel #362

Thank you....just set my DVR.

hobie2
11-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed but is AXS.tv free? Is the game on anywhere else? If you have researched this could you provide some info. Thanks.

I don't know what genius came up with the idea of giving the MN-Duke game to axs.tv, but axs.tv - and thus the game -isn't on the major cable providers in the Mpls-St Paul area either.:mad:

sagegrouse
11-20-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't know what genius came up with the idea of giving the MN-Duke game to axs.tv, but axs.tv - and thus the game -isn't on the major cable providers in the Mpls-St Paul area either.:mad:

AXS.TV isn't even on the main Comcast/Xfinity channel listing, so I suppose it's nowhere in their network. -- sagegrouse

Kedsy
11-20-2012, 10:01 AM
AXS.TV isn't even on the main Comcast/Xfinity channel listing, so I suppose it's nowhere in their network. -- sagegrouse

It's channel 897 on my Comcast lineup here in a Philadelphia suburb.

HaveFunExpectToWin
11-20-2012, 10:07 AM

Sagegrouse, it should be available in CO. Check http://www.axs.tv/ and click on Programming at the top of the page. Enter your zip code and provider (Comcast). I did a quick check off the hometown you have listed and it shows that your local Comcast (cable companies' lineups vary market to market) carries it.

Unfortunately, there is very little chance that AXS will be added in the next 2 days unless there were already plans to do so. HDNet/AXS has been around for awhile now, I'm surprised that there seem to be many large TV providers that don't carry it.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Sagegrouse, it should be available in CO. Check http://www.axs.tv/ and click on Programming at the top of the page. Enter your zip code and provider (Comcast). I did a quick check off the hometown you have listed and it shows that your local Comcast (cable companies' lineups vary market to market) carries it.

Unfortunately, there is very little chance that AXS will be added in the next 2 days unless there were already plans to do so. HDNet/AXS has been around for awhile now, I'm surprised that there seem to be many large TV providers that don't carry it.

I used to see a listing on my TWC guide for HDNet, but it's long gone. :mad:

tbyers11
11-20-2012, 10:39 AM
I used to see a listing on my TWC guide for HDNet, but it's long gone. :mad:

I am almost positive that I used to have HDNet on BrightHouse here in Orlando, too. In fact, I think I watched some of the Atlantis tourney games (FSU, UConn, Harvard and UMass were in it) last year on that channel. But like OZZIE, I no longer have it. My solution is watch it on my computer (or hopefully iPad) off of my Dad's Slingbox (he has DirecTV). I hope we beat the Gophers for many reasons, but selfishly I want them to win so that I can watch the next two winners bracket games on NBC Sports Network on my regular TV.

saltz
11-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Anyone in the Durham area who has Time Warner Cable figured out how to watch the Minnesota game on Thanksgiving?

ricks68
11-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Anyone in the Durham area who has Time Warner Cable figured out how to watch the Minnesota game on Thanksgiving?

Same for Texas, other than seeing it on Dish or Direct TV, etc.

howardlander
11-20-2012, 02:06 PM

Find a friend with DirectTV? Is Satisfaction or Devines open on Thanksgiving? I'd invite you to my house, but we'll be at a friends house eating and I think it would be hard to explain to my wife...

Howard

Gewebe14
11-20-2012, 02:24 PM
This is ridiculous to have the game not on for so many people... if we were playing South Eastern Western Upstate University (SEWUU), it would be one thing, but this is a game against a Big-10 team in a holiday tourny - what gives??

devil84
11-20-2012, 02:57 PM
I do know that Carolina Ale House, Champps, and Tyler's Taproom are open on Thanksgiving.

Some Triangle resources that have a few more options are Durham Restaurants (pdf) (http://www.dcvb-nc.com/comm/restaurant_holiday_openings.pdf) and Raleigh Sports Bars (http://www.examiner.com/article/need-a-drink-these-raleigh-bars-are-open-on-thanksgiving-day).

bulldog44
11-20-2012, 02:58 PM

If you find a bar or open location let me know, I live in Morrisville so I will keep an eye out as well and let you know.

sagegrouse
11-20-2012, 03:07 PM

Thanks, but I am in DC for the next three weeks. -- sagegrouse

BigWayne
11-20-2012, 03:12 PM
If you find a bar or open location let me know, I live in Morrisville so I will keep an eye out as well and let you know.

You'll miss the start, but Hooters in Morrisville is opening at 4PM on Thanksgiving.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-20-2012, 03:29 PM
You'll miss the start, but Hooters in Morrisville is opening at 4PM on Thanksgiving.

Hmmm! I have eaten many a wing at that Hooters! :cool: I'll consider this. I think our TG "dinner" is at 1 pm or so.

wtm001
11-20-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm pretty certain I'll be able to find a stream online somewhere, if it isn't against site rules I'll post it on game day

TheDevilMadeMeDoIt
11-20-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm pretty certain I'll be able to find a stream online somewhere, if it isn't against site rules I'll post it on game day

Does anyone know if Bob Harris radio broadcast will be on XM radio? It is defintely not on my Comcast guide in Kentucky so I may have to sit in the car and listen if it is available.

moonpie23
11-21-2012, 12:14 AM
shhh....dont tell anyone....

but it will prolly be here.... (http://www.thefirstrow.eu/)

wtm001
11-21-2012, 12:31 AM
shhh....dont tell anyone....

but it will prolly be here.... (http://www.thefirstrow.eu/)

Yep, there should be a stream on that site :cool:

ricks68
11-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Just checked my Comcast lineup in Houston, and the AXS station has changed its schedule to carry the game.:D

ricks

Pam
11-21-2012, 03:37 AM
AXS is on Verizon Fios in the Northern Virginia area on channel 569. They are carrying the game. AXS is a relatively new addition to the FIOS line-up in my area. Guess we are going to have to move Thanksgiving Dinner to an earlier time than 3:00PM :)

Dr. Rosenrosen
11-21-2012, 08:41 AM
So on TWC in the triangle, NBCS is carrying the late games on Day 1 (Memphis/VCU and Louisville/N Iowa) but not the early games. Genius. I'm sure there must be some network-oriented, money-driven (read: greedy) reason why this is the case but man is that frustrating. Doesn't make me want to push for AXS and just reinforces my hatred of TWC. Grrrrrr...

HaveFunExpectToWin
11-21-2012, 09:12 AM
AXS is on Verizon Fios in the Northern Virginia area on channel 569. They are carrying the game. AXS is a relatively new addition to the FIOS line-up in my area. Guess we are going to have to move Thanksgiving Dinner to an earlier time than 3:00PM :)

It was on FiOS previously, it was just called HDNet. The switch to AXS came sometime this summer, but the content is mostly the same.

I think this was posted in the other thread, but here are the TV providers that have AXS(formerly HDNet). Note that some systems within a large cable company may not have the channel (for example Comcast DC and NoVA does NOT have AXS, but Comcast Philly does). Good luck.

•Armstrong
•Atlantic Broadband
•AT&T Uverse
•Blue Ridge Cable
•CenturyLink
•Charter
•Cincinnati Bell
•Comcast/Xfinity
•Comporium
•DirecTV
•Dish Network
•Frontier Communications
•GCI
•Grande Communications
•Insight
•Knology
•Massillon Cable
•NewWave Communications
•San Juan Cable
•Service Electric Cable TV
•Service Electric Cablevision
•Service Electric Broadband Cable
•Suddenlink
•SureWest
•Verizon FiOS
•Wave Broadband
•WEHCO Video

Pam
11-21-2012, 11:55 AM
It was on FiOS previously, it was just called HDNet. The switch to AXS came sometime this summer, but the content is mostly the same.

I thought it was fairly new - suddenly appearing sometime during the summer. The first time I noticed it, I was flipping channels one Friday night and and caught a live concert of Brandi Carlile at Red Rocks. Great concert and I have paid attention to their programming since I caught that. Their programming is an eclectic mix, but I was still surprised to see they are showing the "Battle 4 Atlantis" tournament.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

UrinalCake
11-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Is this the same HDNet that is owned by Marc Cuban? If so, they were one of the first channels to ever broadcast in HD. Back when only a few early adopters actually had HD-capable TV sets, HDNet was putting out a full-time HD signal, mostly consisting of obscure sporting events such as World Team Tennis (Anna Kournikova played in every match they ever showed, as far as I can tell) and drag racing. It was a great channel to show off your new TV to your buddies, but not much else. It always made me happy to know that there were guys like Cuban out there with nothing better to do than throw money around on projects like this.

DukieInKansas
11-22-2012, 04:13 AM
Whoo hoo! My sister gets AXS. I will be arriving for turkey day 1.5 hours early! She's the best!

91_92_01_10_15
11-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Looks like this might work. I hope it is OK to post the link here. Apparently it's a site based out of the Netherlands?

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/154723/1/watch-minnesota-vs-5-duke.html

Indoor66
11-22-2012, 10:49 AM
It is also streaming here (http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/basketball.html), per their listings (check the bottome of the basketball listings).

wtm001
11-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Looks like this might work. I hope it is OK to post the link here. Apparently it's a site based out of the Netherlands?

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/154723/1/watch-minnesota-vs-5-duke.html

I known the first row to be reliable, this should be good.

NSDukeFan
11-22-2012, 02:08 PM
I known the first row to be reliable, this should be good.

I watch most games on firstrow.eu. Try not to go to too many sex and betting sites when you are on there, unless you want to.

WiJoe
11-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Briefly checked out Stanford-missouri on axstv. A little shaky with stops and starts. It will have to do.

uh_no
11-22-2012, 03:06 PM
I watch most games on firstrow.eu. Try not to go to too many sex and betting sites when you are on there, unless you want to.

If using Chrome (may be also possible in firefox), you can right click->inspect element and then walk down the html tree and "delete node" for anything that is not the video....effectively removing all the annoying ads.