PDA

View Full Version : Layups for Literacy: AKA Duke-Md Ticket Auction/Raffle

devildeac
11-14-2012, 07:47 PM
-jk gave me the OK to start a thread on this but not sure whether to put it here or on the OTB so I'll start here.

Sent from my son on Sunday:

Would you mind sharing this on DBR? Mark is a good friend of mine and runs Reach Incorporated, a nonprofit devoted to helping underserved kids improve their literacy skills. As you may recall, we donated money to the organization and passed out bookmarks as our wedding gift.

He's doing a raffle where every $10 donated to their cause enters one chance for two Duke/UMD tickets in Cameron PLUS two nights stay at a hotel. Pretty awesome offer!

;);)**Anyway, I figure that it being Duke basketball AND Mark being a grad, people might be interested in entering.**;);)

Sent to my son Sunday from the executive director of the non-profit:

As you may have seen, Reach just launched a new fundraising push for the remainder of the month. Anyone that supports our work during the month of November will be entered to win two tickets (and a two night hotel stay) for the Duke vs. Marylan game at Cameron. As Reach works to grow, we need to do anything possible to expand our circle of supporters. Since you've been so helpful in the past, I'm hoping you might spread the word about this exciting opportunity.

If you'd be willing, I'd be really excited if you could send an email, post on Facebook, tweet, etc. This is a unique opportunity, and we want to be sure that it gets out to as many people as possible - Duke fans, Reach supporters, DC residents, Sports nuts. We'll take them all!

http://www.razoo.com/story/Layups-For-Literacy

Thanks!

----
Mark Hecker LICSW Ed.M
Executive Director
Reach Incorporated
mark@reachincorporated.org
www.reachincorporated.org

Not sure when Mark graduated but my son is a 2007 grad, and BTW/FYI, was Marty Pocius' tutor for a year so my son is connected to Duke hoops, too.

Thanks for reading!

devildeac
11-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Just to be sure this hasn't been completely forgotten. Sounds like a good cause for a good game:D.