PDA

View Full Version : Amanda in Women's Amateur Finals

sagegrouse
08-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Her match against Maria Uribe of colombia will be on the Golf Channel at 2PM.

Sage Grouse

fitimi1
08-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Unfortunately, Amanda did not win today. What a match and was about as even as it could be. As the old adage says, it was a shame that someone had to lose. Back and forth through 36 holes with no one ever more than one-up.

I am so very proud of her and the way she represents herself, her family and Duke.

chrishoke
08-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Unfortunately, Amanda did not win today. What a match and was about as even as it could be. As the old adage says, it was a shame that someone had to lose. Back and forth through 36 holes with no one ever more than one-up.

I am so very proud of her and the way she represents herself, her family and Duke.

Ditto. I watched the last 18 holes - both played wonderfully. Great amateur competition.

johnb
08-15-2007, 10:38 AM
I had never before watched amateur golf (aside from my own very amateurish golf), between getting a new tv and having a Duke player out there, I watched the semis and finals. Amanda was very impressive. She made one bad shot in that 36 hole final--a bad putt on 17--that cost her, but she couldn't have been a better Duke rep.