PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NCAA Tournament in Raleigh

jimsumner
11-12-2012, 02:17 PM
From NCSU press release

"NC State has been selected as one of 13 host sites for the preliminary rounds of the 2014 Men’s Basketball Championship, the NCAA announced today.

The second- and third-round games will be played at PNC Arena, March 21-23, 2014.

“The PNC Arena is a magnificent basketball facility,” said NC State director of athletics Deborah A. Yow. “Soon the rest of the nation will know that, as well, when they see the regionals here in Raleigh.” "

Olympic Fan
11-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Interesting development, since NC State will not be able to play on its home floor in the NCAA Tournament.

Pencil in Duke and UNC as very (even way-too-early) favorites to host pods in Raleigh.

Good to see the NCAA coming back to North Carolina -- there isn't anything close to us this postseason.

sagegrouse
11-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Interesting development, since NC State will not be able to play on its home floor in the NCAA Tournament.

Pencil in Duke and UNC as very (even way-too-early) favorites to host pods in Raleigh.

Good to see the NCAA coming back to North Carolina -- there isn't anything close to us this postseason.

50th anniversary of Duke's second Final Four -- beating Villanova and UConn at the Eastern Regionals in Reynolds. I was pleased to be there.

sagegrouse
'Maybe we should get Jeff Mullins, Jay Buckley, Jack Marin & Co. to show up'

jv001
11-12-2012, 03:16 PM
50th anniversary of Duke's second Final Four -- beating Villanova and UConn at the Eastern Regionals in Reynolds. I was pleased to be there.

sagegrouse
'Maybe we should get Jeff Mullins, Jay Buckley, Jack Marin & Co. to show up'

Now those guys could play! GoDuke!

devildeac
11-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Ozzie and I will have to make plans to attend;). We had a great time last time the pod was in Raleigh. Story to follow.