PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Cooper commits to Duke

jimsumner
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Versatile post player from Cali. Generally ranked around #10 nationally.

McCallie's third top-15 recruit in the last month.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/varsitytimesinsider/2012/11/girls-basketball-kendall-cooper-is-headed-to-duke.html

CameronBornAndBred
11-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Wow that's awesome. The way both unc and Duke are recruiting right now, we'll be seeing some #1 vs #2 games once again in another season or two.

jimsumner
11-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Wow that's awesome. The way both unc and Duke are recruiting right now, we'll be seeing some #1 vs #2 games once again in another season or two.

Keep in mind that Duke is adding these recruits to a team that has only one senior.

It took McCallie a few years to get her recruiting figured out but Duke is recruiting at an exceptionally high level right now.

And I've heard great things about Joy Cheek's energy, enthusiasm and presence on the recruiting trail.

CameronBornAndBred
11-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Keep in mind that Duke is adding these recruits to a team that has only one senior.

It took McCallie a few years to get her recruiting figured out but Duke is recruiting at an exceptionally high level right now.

And I've heard great things about Joy Cheek's energy, enthusiasm and presence on the recruiting trail.
Yup. I said it before in another thread on here, Coach Cheek has an enthusiasm that we as fans could see in the few moments she stopped to talk to us while recruits were on their tours. I can only imagine what it must be like for those recruits that are spending a whole visit with her. She's great.

jimsumner
11-08-2012, 07:21 PM
More on Cooper.

http://peachstatebasketball.com/no-12-kendall-cooper-commits-nov-8-2012/

OldPhiKap
11-08-2012, 08:13 PM

As it should be. I would love to see Cameron jammed to the rafters to root both Devil teams on.

-bdbd
11-08-2012, 10:45 PM

Um, well, U-con might have something to say about that... :rolleyes:
But ya just gotta love the recruiting job being done by Coach P and Coach Cheek. Imagine, our fourth best recruit could still be a McD's All-American. Just wow! Combine them with all of the talent we have had come into the program in the last two-three years and the future is truly looking bright. Lots of depth, and some killer combinations at Coach-P's disposal next year! I see some FF's in our not-so-distant future gang!

Go Duke! Go Coach-P!!!

Dukehky
11-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Wish we could get some more of these #'s on the men's side....

Great job with the recruiting, it's time to go get that Chip. Might as well beat Britney Griner on the way to one this year anyways.

jimsumner
11-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Wish we could get some more of these #'s on the men's side....

Great job with the recruiting, it's time to go get that Chip. Might as well beat Britney Griner on the way to one this year anyways.

The Duke men's team has lots of 6-3 players. Don't know what you're whining about. :)