PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke vs. Georgia State Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

JBDuke
11-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Please use this thread for pre-game and in-game discussions regarding Duke's season opener versus Georgia State in Cameron.

dcar1985
11-07-2012, 12:47 PM
@bretstrelow: As @DavidCMorrison noted, Duke's game notes are out, and probable starters listed are Cook, Curry, Sulaimon, Kelly, Mason Plumlee. No Murphy

Interesting tweet I just ran across...not so thrilled about the 3 guard lineup but you have to be encouraged that Seth will be out there with all this talk of his injury the past few days.

I would've rather we be going with Amile at the 3 and kept the size or stuck with Murphy so he can build some early confidence which seems to be missing at this point

loran16
11-07-2012, 12:57 PM
@bretstrelow: As @DavidCMorrison noted, Duke's game notes are out, and probable starters listed are Cook, Curry, Sulaimon, Kelly, Mason Plumlee. No Murphy

Interesting tweet I just ran across...not so thrilled about the 3 guard lineup but you have to be encouraged that Seth will be out there with all this talk of his injury the past few days.

I would've rather we be going with Amile at the 3 and kept the size or stuck with Murphy so he can build some early confidence which seems to be missing at this point

Just because Murphy doesn't start doesn't mean he won't play a ton of time.

Pomeroy has Duke as 94% favorites over GSU - Georgia State was actually pretty solid last year and a contender in the CAA, but graduated 4 senior starters and a major reserve. Even so, last year GSU was bad at Offense, but amazing on Defense...and without 5 seniors, one would expect the D to only get worse.

COYS
11-07-2012, 12:57 PM
With Seth out for a while, or at least severely limited, I think backcourt play will be a big focus.

Rasheed has been everything Duke fans could have hoped for, thus far. He's been relentless on defense and mature beyond his years on offense with a knack for getting to the rim. His length and athleticism are evident. Can he keep it up? He'll need to . . . and he'll need to be a consistent threat on offense to help make up for Seth's absence. He's shown glimpses of some impressive court vision. Can he keep that up? It would be awesome if he can become a consistent playmaker, too, to help take some off the pressure off of Quinn. Which brings me to my next point.

This really becomes Quinn's team, now on the offensive end. Tyler is solid, but he's not much of a creator. Rasheed has shown glimpses of being a good combo-guard, but he's definitely not a full-time point guard at this point, nor do I think we'll ever want him to be as long as he's on a Duke team with Quinn and (hopefully) a new recruit for 2014/15. In the meantime, Quinn is going to get even more burn than we previously thought. He showed great ability to be a distributor last year and has done a good job quarterbacking the offense this year, even if he's been more of an indirect creator of shots. However, the competition is going to get tough, quickly. I hope he starts to show that he's settled in against GSU. He especially needs to make sure he gets Mason the ball, early and often.

Tyler is also going to play a lot more. We all know his strengths and weaknesses. His value to the team skyrockets if he can hit open threes. He's hit some big ones in his time at Duke, but he has yet to become a consistent threat. By the end of the season last year, no defender even bothered getting within 10 feet of him when he was on the perimeter. Wide open threes will be available for him all day long. Can he hit them? If he starts to, it opens up the floor and will make life a lot easier for everyone else on the team!

Finally, I think we'll probably want to see Alex and Amile score more for the team than we anticipated going in. Amile looked great playing alongside Mason and Ryan on offense. Amile would post up on the left block and Ryan would float out to the perimeter or the high post to give Amile space. Alex has looked dangerous making quick cuts to the rim, but has struggled to finish the play with either a well timed pass or a layin. He's clearly capable, but has yet to put it all together. If the team is struggling from three point range, we will need Amile and/or Alex to be a threat to score inside the arc. They give us versatility on defense, for sure, but we'll probably want a little bit more out of them on offense, now.

dcar1985
11-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Just because Murphy doesn't start doesn't mean he won't play a ton of time.

Pomeroy has Duke as 94% favorites over GSU - Georgia State was actually pretty solid last year and a contender in the CAA, but graduated 4 senior starters and a major reserve. Even so, last year GSU was bad at Offense, but amazing on Defense...and without 5 seniors, one would expect the D to only get worse.

Of course he will, just saying that for a first year guy who a lot seems to be expected of, this might hurt his already somewhat shaky confidence...he's been penciled in by just about everyone as the starting 3 since last season ended. Starting Curry and Sheed especially Curry being not at 100% could be seen as a bad sign as far as where Murph is at right now....my hope is that as the season gets going Alex will start to get more comfortable and things will slow down for him and he'll be a solid contributor

loran16
11-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Of course he will, just saying that for a first year guy who a lot seems to be expected of, this might hurt his already somewhat shaky confidence...he's been penciled in by just about everyone as the starting 3 since last season ended. Starting Curry and Sheed especially Curry being not at 100% could be seen as a bad sign as far as where Murph is at right now....my hope is that as the season gets going Alex will start to get more comfortable and things will slow down for him and he'll be a solid contributor

"already shaky confidence" - based on what? If a guy can't handle coming off the bench at times, he's got to man up. This is a team game...you don't start people to avoid bad feelings.

dcar1985
11-07-2012, 01:24 PM
"already shaky confidence" - based on what? If a guy can't handle coming off the bench at times, he's got to man up. This is a team game...you don't start people to avoid bad feelings.

He just doesn't seem comfortable with his game to me, I think he's a better shooter than what he's shown, free throws are gimmies, stroke doesn't look bad seems more of a confidence in my game thing...my opinion

I couldn't care less about his feelings, but getting him confidence against lesser comp could help

loran16
11-07-2012, 01:59 PM
He just doesn't seem comfortable with his game to me, I think he's a better shooter than what he's shown, free throws are gimmies, stroke doesn't look bad seems more of a confidence in my game thing...my opinion

I couldn't care less about his feelings, but getting him confidence against lesser comp could help

No offense dude, but using your opinion as to how he plays to judge his confidence is well.....silly at best. He'll play where he'll play.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-07-2012, 02:35 PM
No offense dude, but using your opinion as to how he plays to judge his confidence is well.....silly at best. He'll play where he'll play.

Well, it's likely that he's eager to get on the floor after a season on the bench, but I like to think that it will take more than two pre-season warm ups to break his confidence. I'm eager to see what role he has on the team this year. Feels like delayed gratification after hearing about him for so long!

Go Duke!

dcar1985
11-07-2012, 02:43 PM

None taken...98% of the stuff posted here is opinion though, just sharing mine...

Billy Dat
11-07-2012, 02:47 PM
I think he's a better shooter than what he's shown

I thought we were talking about Alex Murphy, not Ryan Kelly (rim shot!)

I just read the Blue Ribbon preview of Georgia State. It looks like they are a guard dominant, 3 point bombing squad that plays a tough to prepare for zone. Maybe K is going 3 guards, if that's confirmed, because of the match-up. It sounds like their point guard, Devonta White, is rock solid, a 5'10" speed demon. The coach's son, RJ Hunter, is a 6'5" beast who had offers from VTech and Wake but wanted to play for his dad. They have another solid guard, Cameron Solomon. The center sounds kind of like a stiff.

flyingdutchdevil
11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
I thought we were talking about Alex Murphy, not Ryan Kelly (rim shot!)

I just read the Blue Ribbon preview of Georgia State. It looks like they are a guard dominant, 3 point bombing squad that plays a tough to prepare for zone. Maybe K is going 3 guards, if that's confirmed, because of the match-up. It sounds like their point guard, Devonta White, is rock solid, a 5'10" speed demon. The coach's son, RJ Hunter, is a 6'5" beast who had offers from VTech and Wake but wanted to play for his dad. They have another solid guard, Cameron Solomon. The center sounds kind of like a stiff.

I was under the impression that Coach K starts his 5 best players, or at least the 5 that make the team the best. Also, Coach K rarely starts a line-up depending on the opposition. Sounds like Quinn, Curry, Sulaimon, and the 2 trees are gonna be the starting line-up for the next few games until a potential 3 displaces them.

I really like the idea of having Sulaimon out there. He may not be the best offensive weapon, but defensively he is automatically the best on the ball defender we have.

Newton_14
11-07-2012, 09:45 PM
None taken...98% of the stuff posted here is opinion though, just sharing mine...

I will defend you here. Alex was very tentative on offense in the WSS game. It was obvious. He needs to just play and stay aggressive hunting his shot. Also agree with you that he is not Kyle. Which is fine. The good news is that so far Murph's defense on the perimeter and in the paint have been strong, and he is aggressive on the boards. He also has a good handle. Once he finds a comfort level on offense he will be fine.

Maybe coming off the bench for a game or two will help him settle down. I definitely want him starting at the 3 longterm, and hope the 3 guard lineup is used only in short stretches. We need Alex and Amile on the floor more often than not. Their size and length make a big difference on both ends of the floor.

JBDuke
11-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Snrub chat seems to be down. Not sure if we'll have an online chat option for the game tonight.

The game is on ESPNU at 7 pm tonight, and you can watch online via this link, I believe: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/source/ean/

Goduke.com also offers a streaming audio feed, for a fee.

Watch Duke play at 7 pm, and then switch over to watch the Twerps get pasted by Kentucky on ESPN. That game starts at 8:30.

dukedoc
11-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Snrub chat seems to be down. Not sure if we'll have an online chat option for the game tonight.

The game is on ESPNU at 7 pm tonight, and you can watch online via this link, I believe: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/source/ean/

Watch Duke play at 7 pm, and then switch over to watch the Twerps get pasted by Kentucky on ESPN. That game starts at 8:30.

Excited for the season to begin... and so is fake Amile LINK (http://www.dukehoopblog.com/2012/11/06/duke-players-react-to-their-two-preseason-games/)

Thanks to Airowe and his crew for a good laugh in the morning

lotusland
11-09-2012, 09:17 AM

Maryland passes my "are you an ACC school other than UNC" test so I pull for them against all non-conference opponents especially UK

gumbomoop
11-09-2012, 09:31 AM
...watch the Twerps get pasted by Kentucky....

Definitely possible, but I don't think it will happen this way. I assume Dez Wells has continued to practice with the Terps, so he should be ready to play, plenty. I think it should be a good game, not a blowout.

Btw, I see where Calipari says Jon Hood needs more confidence in himself. UK does need him as 8th man. They've got 7 guys who can play, and several at multi-positions, but still need Hood to play some.

rocketeli
11-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Maryland passes my "are you an ACC school other than UNC" test so I pull for them against all non-conference opponents especially UK

No wake-up calls for UK please. For this one game I want them to beat Maryland by 40 points, so they'll be nice and over confident for Duke.

Mr_English
11-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Hello Duke,

This is just an FYI and I come in peace. I just wanted to let you know about our website and forum to give any basketball diehard a bit more of a rounded perspective about our program. I think you will enjoy GSUs alumni/fan page as we're all very excited to be playing a program like yours. Feel free to browse or comment.

GSU v Duke
http://www.panthertalk.com/georgia-state-basketball-breaking-down-gsu-vs-duke/

GSU v Duke Game Thread
http://www.panthertalk.com/community/threads/game-1-duke.6415/

Good luck and Go Georgia State!

NSDukeFan
11-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Definitely possible, but I don't think it will happen this way. I assume Dez Wells has continued to practice with the Terps, so he should be ready to play, plenty. I think it should be a good game, not a blowout.

Btw, I see where Calipari says Jon Hood needs more confidence in himself. UK does need him as 8th man. They've got 7 guys who can play, and several at multi-positions, but still need Hood to play some.

I wonder if Hood would have more confidence if Calipari had renewed his recruited teammates scholarships when he first arrived and played Jon for more than 5 mpg?

gumbomoop
11-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I wonder if Hood would have more confidence if Calipari had renewed his recruited teammates scholarships when he first arrived and played Jon for more than 5 mpg?

A good point. When I first saw Calipari's comment, I thought, as you say here, "Well, maybe it's Cal's confidence in Hood that's lacking."

I must say, in watching UK's blue/white scrimmage, Hood had a very good first half, with good moves. I didn't see their exhibition games, but maybe he faltered some, and if so, that would have been against very inferior competition, including D III Transylvania. Boxscores show him as playing 3 min v. Northwood, 14 v. Transy. Not impressive. He's their 8th guy, maybe only 8-10 mpg. Less?

Indoor66
11-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Hello Duke,

This is just an FYI and I come in peace. I just wanted to let you know about our website and forum to give any basketball diehard a bit more of a rounded perspective about our program. I think you will enjoy GSUs alumni/fan page as we're all very excited to be playing a program like yours. Feel free to browse or comment.

GSU v Duke

GSU v Duke Game Thread

Welcome to the board and thanks for the links.

elvis14
11-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Hello Duke,

GSU v Duke

GSU v Duke Game Thread

Thanks for the links. The first link is a pretty good breakdown of the GSU side of the game. They don't really get into the strengths of our individual players much but they are pretty honest about how they need some big games from key players to compete. The second link is to their message board's pre-game thread (much like this one). One poster did seem to think we are looking past them to Ky. I can tell you that our players will not in any way be looking past the first game of the season. We aren't either, despite a few posts above talking about Ky (most of which had to do with their game vs UMd). Chuckled at the opinion that our board wasn't as pretty as theirs....to each their own :-). I do appreciate that their pre-game thread seems to be absent of the usual Duke hate that we see from many others. If you are from GSU and reading this, I hope you feel the same way. We try to respect our opponents around here (although we'll take some shots at UNC@CH but we earn those).

I'm really looking forward to this game (OK, I'm freakin' geeked and can't wait!). Like many around here, I'm hoping to see Quinn take his game up a big notch from last year. Having to stay in front of a quick 5'11" PG might be a good first game challenge. From what I'm reading this game should be a good opportunity for Mason and Ryan to have great success.

Mr_English
11-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the links. The first link is a pretty good breakdown of the GSU side of the game. They don't really get into the strengths of our individual players much but they are pretty honest about how they need some big games from key players to compete. The second link is to their message board's pre-game thread (much like this one). One poster did seem to think we are looking past them to Ky. I can tell you that our players will not in any way be looking past the first game of the season. We aren't either, despite a few posts above talking about Ky (most of which had to do with their game vs UMd). Chuckled at the opinion that our board wasn't as pretty as theirs....to each their own :-). I do appreciate that their pre-game thread seems to be absent of the usual Duke hate that we see from many others. If you are from GSU and reading this, I hope you feel the same way. We try to respect our opponents around here (although we'll take some shots at UNC@CH but we earn those).

I'm really looking forward to this game (OK, I'm freakin' geeked and can't wait!). Like many around here, I'm hoping to see Quinn take his game up a big notch from last year. Having to stay in front of a quick 5'11" PG might be a good first game challenge. From what I'm reading this game should be a good opportunity for Mason and Ryan to have great success.

We all appreciate the opportunity to play a program like Duke. I think the typical attitude you usually receive is because people around the country know how traditionally strong your program is. We don't undervalue this. We do a similar article about "Know Your Opponent" and I figured 99% of fans (especially around the country) already know about Duke. It is GSU and probably only 1% know us - and that 1% being us. Glad you took a look and got more of an understanding of who we are at GSU and we're all excited that basketball season has begun. Good luck.

Billy Dat
11-09-2012, 03:36 PM
We all appreciate the opportunity to play a program like Duke. I think the typical attitude you usually receive is because people around the country know how traditionally strong your program is. We don't undervalue this. We do a similar article about "Know Your Opponent" and I figured 99% of fans (especially around the country) already know about Duke. It is GSU and probably only 1% know us - and that 1% being us. Glad you took a look and got more of an understanding of who we are at GSU and we're all excited that basketball season has begun. Good luck.

Thanks for coming to the board, I read an interview with your coach and he seems like a real character, but one that has made a real positive impression in a short period of time.

Sheed fans (I guess that's all of us, but some are more vocal than others), these quotes should be music to your ears:
http://blogs.fayobserver.com/accbasketball/November-2012/Duke-s-Mason-Plumlee-wants-freshman-teammate-Rashe

“Personally, I’ve just encouraged him (Sheed) to be aggressive,” Plumlee said. “There’s a lot of emphasis to get the ball down low to me and Ryan. He’s done a good job with that. But at the same time, he’s a scorer and a slasher, so you don’t want that to get in the way of him being aggressive and scoring. We don’t want him to think too much because what he’s doing naturally is good and he can put points on the board.”

“I’m still trying to adjust to that point,” Sulaimon said. “Coming in as a freshman, it’s kind of easy for a freshman to take a back seat to the older guys and always try to look for them because you always want to make your older guys happy. But listening to coach and listening to Mason and Ryan, those guys are telling me to be more aggressive, to look for my shot. It’s definitely an adjustment but it’s one I’m making this week in practice.”

ice-9
11-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Anybody know what streaming sites are in vogue this year for watching the game? :D

Duke fan in Asia here...

OldPhiKap
11-09-2012, 05:19 PM

Appreciate your input. GSU has really grown over the last 10-15 years, and of course it was great when Lefty coached there as well. Right in the heart of Atlanta.

I hope y'all do well this year, and please stop by any time. OPK

dcar1985
11-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Anybody know what streaming sites are in vogue this year for watching the game? :D

Duke fan in Asia here...

www.thefirstrow.eu should have you covered!

Kdogg
11-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Is any one east of the mountain time zone planning to watch this on ESPN3? I logged into the site and it is showing "Available on ESPNU" not "Available on ESPNU & ESPN3."

riverside6
11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Live tempo-based stats for the game here, starters posted...

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=14391

Cameron
11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
So is Seth playing tonight or not? There seems to be astoundingly different opinions on this subject within this thread.

dcar1985
11-09-2012, 06:50 PM
So is Seth playing tonight or not? There seems to be astoundingly different opinions on this subject within this thread.

Playing and in the starting lineup...

Cameron
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Playing and in the starting lineup...

Awesome. Thanks.

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure of after reading some of the posts.

Go Devils

dcar1985
11-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Quinn not Starting...no bueno

MCFinARL
11-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Quinn not Starting...no bueno

Yeah, anyone have any insight into that? I did not expect to see such a small lineup starting--Thornton, Curry, Sulaimon.

dukenilnil
11-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Is any one east of the mountain time zone planning to watch this on ESPN3? I logged into the site and it is showing "Available on ESPNU" not "Available on ESPNU & ESPN3."

I think they changed their blackout rules to blackout streaming of games that are on their TV networks. Pretty annoying but I guess all free things come to an end. Since it was an inferior product (not great video quality, streaming issues) I didn't think they'd worry about cannibalizing their own networks, but I guess they are (for good reason)

WiJoe
11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Does the snrub chat exist?

Gthoma2a
11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Quinn's defense has improved a lot from the looks of it.

trinity79
11-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Our defense looks a little porous. Just sayin'

Dukeface88
11-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Does the snrub chat exist?

A bunch of us are at http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/chat.

Dukehky
11-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I thought we were supposed to get the ball to mason more...

trinity79
11-09-2012, 07:27 PM
dunked on by Georgia State

MChambers
11-09-2012, 07:31 PM
dunked on by Georgia State
Anyone know why Murphy isn't playing?

Dukehky
11-09-2012, 07:34 PM

Probably because he wasn't very effective in the exhibition games, and that's being polite about it.

Gthoma2a
11-09-2012, 07:35 PM

I don't know, but I wish we had a SF playing instead of 3 guards all of the time. SF is a position that just has so much versatility that I don't see why we don't use one of the 6-8 guys to exploit it.

Gthoma2a
11-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I guess we have no faith in Murphy and not much more in Amile, but I don't get that. They are both solid players, and Amile is the kind of guy that can spark us in games where we get complacent (this game could use some more intensity, IMO).

MChambers
11-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Probably because he wasn't very effective in the exhibition games, and that's being polite about it.
So you don't know. Again, anyone know? The announcers are oblivious.

Dukehky
11-09-2012, 07:43 PM
I guess we have no faith in Murphy and not much more in Amile, but I don't get that. They are both solid players, and Amile is the kind of guy that can spark us in games where we get complacent (this game could use some more intensity, IMO).

How do you know Murphy is solid? Have you seen him play even relatively well in college yet? I haven't, and I think that's a big reason why he hasn't gotten run.

Major caveat in that is if he tweaked something recently, then I rescind my snarky comment and apologize for it.

Gthoma2a
11-09-2012, 07:49 PM
How do you know Murphy is solid? Have you seen him play even relatively well in college yet? I haven't, and I think that's a big reason why he hasn't gotten run.

Major caveat in that is if he tweaked something recently, then I rescind my snarky comment and apologize for it.

I am saying he is at least pretty solid on defense and athletic. It is always nice to have a guy who has length and speed on D (easier to recover, alter a shot or block one). I suppose he could be the worst player in the world, but I think it is usually better to use one additional guy with length than 3 guys under 6'4. That goes double when we are looking to be low scoring without the 3 point shot this year.

Dukehky
11-09-2012, 07:49 PM
I am saying he is at least pretty solid on defense and athletic. It is always nice to have a guy who has length and speed on D (easier to recover). I suppose he could be the worst player in the world, but I think it is usually better to use one additional guy with length than 3 guys under 6'4.

You right, wasn't even thinking about defense at that point because the offense was so incredibly stagnant.

trinity79
11-09-2012, 07:51 PM
's what i'm talkin' bout. right on.

MCFinARL
11-09-2012, 07:54 PM

I know nothing, but I don't think Murphy has played a single second in the first half. This makes me believe he is hurt--he wasn't THAT bad in the preseason. He is the only available scholarship player we haven't seen.

Dukeface88
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Giving up baskets at the end of the half was one of my pet peeves last year. Really hope it doesn't become a trend again.

Offense was kinda stagnant until Mason started beasting. Defense looks better than last year, for whatever that's worth.

Ggallagher
11-09-2012, 07:57 PM
I know nothing, but I don't think Murphy has played a single second in the first half. This makes me believe he is hurt--he wasn't THAT bad in the preseason. He is the only available scholarship player we haven't seen.

OK - seems like the announcers have at least half a clue. They did point out that Murphy has not played yet - and also said he was practicing yesterday. So at least we know that he was healthy enough for practice.

ChicagoCrazy84
11-09-2012, 07:59 PM
I know nothing, but I don't think Murphy has played a single second in the first half. This makes me believe he is hurt--he wasn't THAT bad in the preseason. He is the only available scholarship player we haven't seen..

It seems odd for sure. I'm not watching the game but Alex was supposed to be a big part of our rotation and not getting 1 min of burn in the first half of a game against Georgia St, maybe he did get hurt? If that were the case though, I would think we would've heard something. If he was seen warming up at all, then I could only guess Coach K doesn't think he's quite ready.

Dukehky
11-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Murph's probably just ready for the party

SoCalDukeFan
11-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Murph's probably just ready for the party

is that supposed to mean>

SoCal

mapei
11-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Not happy about all the turnovers - shaky guard play on offense early - but it's a strong start to the second half!

Gthoma2a
11-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Not happy about all the turnovers - shaky guard play on offense early - but it's a strong start to the second half!

Defense is where we are going to get our points. We need to realize that. That is how we ran teams out of the building. We used to get easy points off of turning teams over (overplaying the passing lanes with fast athletic players and everyone running on the break).

moonpie23
11-09-2012, 08:24 PM
those guys are out scrapping our guys......they're playing for real.....

mapei
11-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Defense has been great for us tonight against GSU, but based on last year I'm not sure it will be a strength of our team against tougher competition. Actually, in the second half we've been winning with offense.

Gthoma2a
11-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Hopefully we play better against Kentucky. We just don't seem interested tonight. We need to fix that. After the last REAL game we played, I would expect everyone that isn't a freshman would come out with passion for the rest of their careers.

Looks like we've fixed that. I want to see a lot of Amile this year. He has enough passion for the whole team.

mapei
11-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Mason has been playing with a lot of energy - his instinctiveness and raw athleticism have been really impressive. His struggles to get off a good shot in the first half, not so much.

hudlow
11-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Sulaimone reminds me of Billy King.

moonpie23
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
seth just hobbled off....calling for a sub

mapei
11-09-2012, 08:50 PM
My Duke memory doesn't go that far back, but wasn't King more of a defensive player? RS seems like a smooth shooter to me (based on this very limited observation tonight).

Gthoma2a
11-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I love Amile Jefferson. The kid can play! He brings this team to life.

djp10
11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
cameron crazies are terrible tonight

edit: thanks for noticing, fran

Dukehky
11-09-2012, 08:57 PM
cameron crazies are terrible tonight

edit: thanks for noticing, fran

To be fair, the product has been less than stellar, and it's not like it's close...

mapei
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
I love Amile Jefferson. The kid can play! He brings this team to life.

Agree!

djp10
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM
To be fair, the product has been less than stellar, and it's not like it's close...
true; but i guess to me, that's the problem. the crazies aka "the sixth man" should pick-up the players, not the other way around.