PDA

View Full Version : Lunardi's First Bracketology of 2012/2013

Dev11
11-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Yep, it's November 6, here's Joe:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Some Duke-related notes:

-Duke is a 2 seed in Ohio State's region
-The 1's are Ohio State, Indiana, Kentucky, and Louisville. (Wow, talk about condensed geography)*
-State is a 3, and UNC is a 4. Lunardi does not agree with the ACC media
-FSU (7) and Miami (9) round out the ACCs's 5 bids
-Syracuse (2), Pittsburgh (6), and Notre Dame (6) represent the ACC additions of the years to come

Let the baseless shaming of 4-month-early crystal-ball-gazing begin!

*By the way, I see commentators talking about Louisville-Kentucky-Indiana as the 'new' Triangle in basketball. According to Google Maps, you can hit all three Research Triangle cities in under an hour, but it would take 3.5 hours to hit all three of Bloomington, Louisville, and Lexington, which also represent programs from three different conferences. Whatever, go ACC.

PSurprise
11-06-2012, 03:10 PM
*By the way, I see commentators talking about Louisville-Kentucky-Indiana as the 'new' Triangle in basketball. According to Google Maps, you can hit all three Research Triangle cities in under an hour, but it would take 3.5 hours to hit all three of Bloomington, Louisville, and Lexington, which also represent programs from three different conferences. Whatever, go ACC.

Haha! I have a feeling the 3 REAL triangle schools are gonna do ok this year.

ohiodukefan
11-06-2012, 03:23 PM
With our schedule and Seth and Marshall out for awhile. I think a #2 seed would be a stretch. Saying that, I'd take that bracket in a heartbeat. Who knows what UCLA will look like this year and OSU as a #1 seed would be the weakest #1.

johnb
11-06-2012, 03:49 PM
I see commentators talking about Louisville-Kentucky-Indiana as the 'new' Triangle in basketball. According to Google Maps, you can hit all three Research Triangle cities in under an hour, but it would take 3.5 hours to hit all three of Bloomington, Louisville, and Lexington,

The real triangle is the Big East. According to Mapquest, you can drive from Central Florida to Boise to Providence in under 80 hours (getting back to Central Florida would take an extra 20 hours). Plus, while you're driving, you can go to games at every other conference in the U.S.

Now THAT's a triangle.

Olympic Fan
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
In Lunardi's commentary (it's an Insider piece so I can't link), including teams that he likes better or worse than he did last spring when he posted his first provisional braclet.

Oddly, he lists Duke as one of the teams that he thinks less of now than he did last spring ... yet last spring, he had Duke as 4 seed and now he has the Devils as No. 2.

I don't get it ... but luckily, I don't care. The bracket Lunardi posts on Selection Sunday will be reasonably accurate. Until this, his picks are a joke.

weezie
11-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Guess I'm just getting moldy...I really am having a snooze of a time trying to get interested this far out.

BigWayne
11-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Well to make it a triangle, you have to go back to the start. 6.5 hours for the KY/IN fantasy and it isn't even a triangle. Take a look.
http://goo.gl/maps/YXNpd

Ours is 1.5 hours all the way around.
http://goo.gl/maps/h60Je