PDA

View Full Version : Feinstein to CBSSports

chaosmage
11-01-2012, 09:08 AM
So ol' John has left SiriusXM (and a great host) to go to CBS and do his own sports show.

For those who didn't listen, I like reading the guy, but his radio show is a bunch of name-dropping and listening to him talk. When he was on SiriusXM, it was supposed to be a calls-driven show, with input. Most of the time it turned into him doing anecdotes.

The man's a dang fine writer, but I'm surprised he got a deal. Gottlieb is going there as well, iirc.

Curious to hear thoughts of others on this, since i'm kind of new to being around other die-hard Duke fans.

Mike Corey
11-01-2012, 09:38 AM
A serious coup for CBSSports. Right now, they're saddled with Gregg Doyel and similar I'll-write-anything-if-it-gets-me-hits kind of columnists.

They have some good ones, too: Bruce Feldman, Jeff Goodman...

And now a heavy-hitter in Feinstein.

Do you know if he's sticking with The Washington Post?

All that said, I'm not the biggest Feinstein fan of late due to the reasoning and manner in which he's besmirched his alma mater and some of its employees. But I do not doubt or question his smarts, his gifts, nor his love for Duke.

Edouble
11-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Surprised to see this in the Off-Topic Forum.

hurleyfor3
11-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Surprised to see this in the Off-Topic Forum.

Well, it wasn't a mod who put it there :p

MChambers
11-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Well, it wasn't a mod who put it there :p

Give how much Feinstein pontificates on things other than college basketball, I'm fine with this placement. After reading his absurd and whiny complaints about the Strasburg shutdown, I intend to avoid him as much as possible.

Dev11
11-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Personally, I think Feinstein belongs in PPB land. He gets me plenty riled up

Edouble
11-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Personally, I think Feinstein belongs in PPB land. He gets me plenty riled up

Can we donate his threads to IC?