PDA

View Full Version : AXS.tv?

wilson
11-01-2012, 07:20 AM
What on earth is AXS.tv? The DBR schedule says that our first game in the Bahamas, against Minnesota on Thanksgiving day, is to be aired on this channel. According to the AXS website, my cable provider doesn't carry the channel. Any word on potential alternative sources for the game?

roywhite
11-01-2012, 08:21 AM
What on earth is AXS.tv? The DBR schedule says that our first game in the Bahamas, against Minnesota on Thanksgiving day, is to be aired on this channel. According to the AXS website, my cable provider doesn't carry the channel. Any word on potential alternative sources for the game?

Yeah, it's on channel 340 on DirecTV if you have access or know someone. It's available on my medium range DirecTV package.

Used to be HDNet; carries concerts, some sporting events, and it's where to find Dan Rather FWIW.

A sports bar with DirecTV package would likely have this game. Good luck.

wilson
11-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah, it's on channel 340 on DirecTV if you have access or know someone. It's available on my medium range DirecTV package.

Used to be HDNet; carries concerts, some sporting events, and it's where to find Dan Rather FWIW.

A sports bar with DirecTV package would likely have this game. Good luck.Well, given that I'm the Head Turkey Officer this year, a sports bar isn't an option. I had hoped to have the game on in the background while tending the bird, but I suppose I'm out of luck. I can't remember the last time I just flat-out had no way to watch a Duke game.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-01-2012, 09:50 AM

A sports bar with DirecTV package would likely have this game. Good luck.

I don't see AXS on the Time Warner Cable lineup. I think HDNet used to be there, but I didn't see that either. I think I'll give them a call.

HaveFunExpectToWin
11-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Well, given that I'm the Head Turkey Officer this year, a sports bar isn't an option. I had hoped to have the game on in the background while tending the bird, but I suppose I'm out of luck. I can't remember the last time I just flat-out had no way to watch a Duke game.

I'd check your lineup again, HDNet was pretty much carried by most cable/satellite/telco TV providers. Your provider may not have updated their lineup yet. If you're in Atlanta, you're on Comcast? They should have it. (see below)

AXS TV is available from major TV providers across the U.S. including:
•Armstrong
•Atlantic Broadband
•AT&T Uverse
•Blue Ridge Cable
•CenturyLink
•Charter
•Cincinnati Bell
•Comcast/Xfinity
•Comporium
•DirecTV
•Dish Network
•Frontier Communications
•GCI
•Grande Communications
•Insight
•Knology
•Massillon Cable
•NewWave Communications
•San Juan Cable
•Service Electric Cable TV
•Service Electric Cablevision
•Service Electric Broadband Cable
•Suddenlink
•SureWest
•Verizon
•Wave Broadband
•WEHCO Video

OZZIE4DUKE
11-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't see AXS on the Time Warner Cable lineup. I think HDNet used to be there, but I didn't see that either. I think I'll give them a call.

TWC confirmed that they don't carry the AXS network. :mad: Maybe Duke will work out something else for local access, like they did for the Stanford football game in September. If I see Jack Winters at the bball game tonight, which I usually do somewhere in the concourse before the game or at halftime, I'll ask him.

Cameron
11-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Channel 362 on Dish Network. Thank God. Looks like I will have to RSVP my grandma and let her know that, while her turkeys are typically excellent, I regretfully decline.

We are playing Minnesota and Tubby has a national championship, after all. This is serious business.

gumbomoop
11-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Some of us do not have AXS, so we have a special reason to hope Duke beats Minnesota. The "consolation" bracket [1st round losers'] games are all on AXS. So I, and some of you, might see Duke not a single time. Bleccchhh. But that's not a very optimistic scenario, so I need to take a pill.

http://www.atlantis.com/promotions/battle4atlantis/battle4atlantis.aspx