PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Drew Chapter 2/ Kyrie at it again.

TheDukeCreed
10-31-2012, 09:35 PM
:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MLyvkBifQ3w

Enjoy guys.

Native
10-31-2012, 09:43 PM

Enjoy guys.

Was really pulling for Wes to be Kyle... Oh, well.

roywhite
10-31-2012, 09:46 PM

Enjoy guys.

haha....great fun.

Thanks for posting.

Just thinking....Kyrie got a taste for this when doing Duke Blue Planet videos. Really good work, Kyrie; you've got skills in addition to those on the court.

HaveFunExpectToWin
11-01-2012, 09:55 AM
haha....great fun.

Thanks for posting.

Just thinking....Kyrie got a taste for this when doing Duke Blue Planet videos. Really good work, Kyrie; you've got skills in addition to those on the court.

He should team up with Elton Brand to make some movies.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-01-2012, 11:37 AM
He should team up with Elton Brand to make some movies.

Or our resident alien movie star, Jay Bilas! :cool:

JD79
11-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Wasn't there a broken hand for Kyrie to let heal? or was that someone else....

NSDukeFan
11-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Was really pulling for Wes to be Kyle... Oh, well.

At least it was his in-state rival.

HaveFunExpectToWin
11-01-2012, 05:31 PM
At least it was his in-state rival.

It's funny, I now pull for guys like Love, Durant, Lebron, D-Wade, Kobe, etc. because they played for K on the USA teams. They're part of the family now in my mind.

WiJoe
11-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Tremendous work by Kyrie. Had no idea it was Kevin Love.

Not as good as the first effort. How could it be?

cptnflash
11-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Wasn't there a broken hand for Kyrie to let heal? or was that someone else....

Yes, he broke it slamming his hand into a wall after a turnover when he was on the USA select team, helping our Olympians prepare for London. I'd say it's pretty well healed up, given that he scored 29 points in the Cavs season opener on Tuesday!

Dukehky
11-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Gah he's the man. Wish we had him for more than 8 games, oh well, he's where he clearly belongs, in the league.

Luther
11-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Gah he's the man. Wish we had him for more than 8 games, oh well, he's where he clearly belongs, in the league.

I still feel so robbed but he is such a great ambassador for Duke.

Indoor66
11-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I still feel so robbed but he is such a great ambassador for Duke.

I would take any number of Kyries - basketball skills or not. He is a fine young man and a fine representative of Duke and all he is associated with.

wk2109
11-03-2012, 12:33 AM
Yes, he broke it slamming his hand into a wall after a turnover when he was on the USA select team, helping our Olympians prepare for London. I'd say it's pretty well healed up, given that he scored 29 points in the Cavs season opener on Tuesday!

Not that it matters, but I think it was actually during Cavs summer league practice.

There's not much to work with on the Cavs' roster, but I still think Kyrie's capable of carrying Cleveland to the playoffs this year.

Duke76
11-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Not that it matters, but I think it was actually during Cavs summer league practice.

There's not much to work with on the Cavs' roster, but I still think Kyrie's capable of carrying Cleveland to the playoffs this year.

If he stays healthy this yr....what would have been

gep
11-04-2012, 03:21 PM
I just re-watched Chapter 2. Bill Russell tells Uncle Drew "Drew...you're a real baller... gotta get out there and put your team back together again. Go find them." Then, he goes and gets Wes. Maybe future chapters will have Uncle Drew getting more of these old geezers until he gets his team back again. Should be fun.

Indoor66
11-04-2012, 04:33 PM
I just re-watched Chapter 2. Bill Russell tells Uncle Drew "Drew...you're a real baller... gotta get out there and put your team back together again. Go find them." Then, he goes and gets Wes. Maybe future chapters will have Uncle Drew getting more of these old geezers until he gets his team back again. Should be fun.

I think Uncle Drew has been watching The Blues Brothers. A great show. Kyrie is a talented man.

Dev11
11-04-2012, 05:06 PM

The grand scheme is to bring more and more guys in one by one until we have the 2016 Olympic team all dressed like geezers who then eviscerate the world in Rio, led of course by Uncle Drew.

(Yes, I just made that up, but as a wise orphaned Angels fan once said, it could happen!)

JasonEvans
11-05-2012, 01:21 PM

Oh, I am certain this is the direction in which they are heading. In the end, we will get them playing as a 5-man team against some unsuspecting playground "young bloods." It will be a bit like the Harlem Globetrotters against the Washington Generals.

That said, I thought episode 2 was sorta weak compared to number 1. It did not have any of the surprise element the first did and seeing a big man do his thing isn't quite as fun and funny as a dribbling wizard like Kyrie. I also suspect that the "surprise" element is wearing off as it sure looked like the folks on that playground knew something was up.

-Jason "Love did do a great job of missing those shots -- it does take some skill to miss while not looking like you are trying to miss" Evans

ricks68
11-05-2012, 01:31 PM
-Jason "Love did do a great job of missing those shots -- it does take some skill to miss while not looking like you are trying to miss" Evans

Boy, I must have some incredible skill set, then!:rolleyes:

Ha!

ricks

gam7
11-05-2012, 01:49 PM
I also suspect that the "surprise" element is wearing off as it sure looked like the folks on that playground knew something was up.

They must know something is up with the cameras filming it etc., but I would imagine that they filmed all of the episodes before any of them aired for exactly that reason.

Dukeface88
11-06-2012, 01:04 AM
They must know something is up with the cameras filming it etc., but I would imagine that they filmed all of the episodes before any of them aired for exactly that reason.

The original "cover story" was that the cameras were there to film Drew's nephew; not sure if they're still doing that.

I'm also pretty sure they filmed this one after the first one aired - at 2:09 someone says "that's Uncle Drew".

dcdevil2009
11-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Sorry I could only find the espn mobile site link (http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=playbooktrending&id=10655), but here's some extended footage/"behind the scenes" with Uncle Drew and "Dollar Bill."