PDA

View Full Version : Duke Blue envy?

grossbus
10-27-2012, 01:50 PM
May have been mentioned previously, but I checked in on the state/holes game (after seeing lattimore's really ugly knee injury) and was amazed to see the holes wearing uni's that were 90% dark blue (close to the way I remember Duke Blue) and just trim in ugly (carolina) blue.

If I hadn't known who was playing, I would never have guessed it was them.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-27-2012, 01:51 PM
May have been mentioned previously, but I checked in on the state/holes game (after seeing lattimore's really ugly knee injury) and was amazed to see the holes wearing uni's that were 90% dark blue (close to the way I remember Duke Blue) and just trim in ugly (carolina) blue.

How do you like the mirror finish in light blue helmets with the big cartoon on the side?

grossbus
10-27-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't. Tacky.

grossbus
10-27-2012, 02:14 PM
While I have been watching state has scored twice and uncch has missed a FG and thrown an INT into the end zone.

Someone from state should pay me to watch the second half.

Merlindevildog91
10-27-2012, 02:27 PM
While I have been watching state has scored twice and uncch has missed a FG and thrown an INT into the end zone.

Someone from state should pay me to watch the second half.

I will pay you to watch the second half.

I do have to thank unc for one thing. I was hungry til I saw their helmets and now I am slightly sick to my stomach.

gls6
10-27-2012, 02:31 PM
How do you like the mirror finish in light blue helmets with the big cartoon on the side?

I hate to admit it, but those new UNC helmets are awesome. The uniforms are pretty good too. I really like Duke's flat black helmets with the black D. Duke should do a silver helmet with a blue devil sometime.

DueBlevil
10-27-2012, 02:50 PM
It's not really that close to Duke blue actually. They are wearing a really dark navy blue while Duke wears more of a royal blue.

fuse
10-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I think the helmets are cool.
Dark blue, not so much. Funny how the Tar Heels avoid embracing the baby blue.

killerleft
10-27-2012, 03:07 PM
I hate to admit it, but those new UNC helmets are awesome. The uniforms are pretty good too. I really like Duke's flat black helmets with the black D. Duke should do a silver helmet with a blue devil sometime.

Twinkle, twinkle, helmet feet.
Brightest hat I hope to meet.

Ugly bluish disco ball,
'Dorned with light blue toes and all,

Kenan is the place for such,
Ne'er in Durham, thanks so much!!

I just beg to differ.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-27-2012, 03:08 PM
It's not really that close to Duke blue actually. They are wearing a really dark navy blue while Duke wears more of a royal blue.
A shade close to that navy blue is what Duke wore for many years. The transition came during the 60s.

grossbus
10-27-2012, 03:30 PM

Old argument. When I was there, Duke Blue was close to navy blue.

I think those helmets look like a soft drink can.

75Crazie
10-27-2012, 04:26 PM
My first thought when I saw those uniforms was that Carolina lost a bet in the Duke game and were forced to wear that color for the next game.

Dukehky
10-27-2012, 04:31 PM
So... Duke wins the Carolina Bowl right? Transitive property and all. Duke over Wake, Duke over UNC, UNC over State= Duke over State? I think so.

DU82
10-27-2012, 06:13 PM
So... Duke wins the Carolina Bowl right? Transitive property and all. Duke over Wake, Duke over UNC, UNC over State= Duke over State? I think so.

Duke beat State the last time we played, so that carries forward until we play again, which thanks to more expansion, might be sometime next century.

DueBlevil
10-27-2012, 07:24 PM
A shade close to that navy blue is what Duke wore for many years. The transition came during the 60s.

Old argument. When I was there, Duke Blue was close to navy blue.

I'm sorry if I'm not impressed that they're wearing a color "close" to the color that Duke USED to wear. Literally 50 years ago. Stuck in the past much?

billy
10-27-2012, 10:55 PM

I like to think the change was in response to my (and other's) penchant for pointing out the following:

2910 2911

Newton_14
10-28-2012, 08:22 PM

I'm sorry if I'm not impressed that they're wearing a color "close" to the color that Duke USED to wear. Literally 50 years ago. Stuck in the past much?

Actually, Duke wore that shade of blue as recent as 2004 in basketball (See my avatar).

As for the helmets Unc@chEAT wore yesterday, they were gawd-awful. Ugliest helmets ever. Their uni's looked like crap too. I thought Butch was the guy that preferred the Navy blue, and when he left, I figured we would never see them again. I like the soda pop can comparison for the helmets. Looked similar to one of the Pepsi cans from times past.

P.S. Note to TOB, do NOT punt to the conferences most dangerous and talented punt returner with 30 seconds left to go in a tie game. Punt the dang thing out of bounds. (Unless your punter is Will Monday, who is quite capable of pinning the receiver in a small enough space for the defense to contain. :) )

Very poor game management by the Pack on that last drive.