PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Craziness VS Late Night with Roy

Researchc
10-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Last Friday night I was able to attend my first, but certainly not last, Countdown to Craziness event. It felt great to be motivated by two Olympians, a Nobel Prize winner, and the best coach in the history of sports. I was also very entertained by the hilarious videos in which the team took part. The video on the huge draps covering the team was simply awesome. The player introductions were the best I have seen at any sporting event, college or professional. The only odd part of the night was the actual game itself. Witnessing the Crazies jeer the other team is the best part of watching a game in hallowed walls of Cameron. The team has a nice balance of great seniors and up-and-coming underclassmen that will develop quite nicely. After Coach K's "Together" speech, it felt like I was part of the team and that we would never lose another game. It was the ultimate pep rally.

All of that being said, how does this event compare to the Evil Empire's "Late Night with Roy" and other school's opening nights? I saw several recruits at the game and if I was an impressionable 16 or 17 year old kid, I would have signed with Duke that night. Cameron was rocking! I was looking for footage online of UNC's opening night and came across this little jewel.

If I was a recruit and this was what I had to look forward to as a member of the Tarheels, I would head for the hills.....

BD80
10-23-2012, 12:56 PM

If I was a recruit and this was what I had to look forward to as a member of the Tarheels, I would head for the hills.....

Makes you wonder what ideas they considered and rejected ...

lotusland
10-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Last Friday night I was able to attend my first, but certainly not last, Countdown to Craziness event. It felt great to be motivated by two Olympians, a Nobel Prize winner, and the best coach in the history of sports. I was also very entertained by the hilarious videos in which the team took part. The video on the huge draps covering the team was simply awesome. The player introductions were the best I have seen at any sporting event, college or professional. The only odd part of the night was the actual game itself. Witnessing the Crazies jeer the other team is the best part of watching a game in hallowed walls of Cameron. The team has a nice balance of great seniors and up-and-coming underclassmen that will develop quite nicely. After Coach K's "Together" speech, it felt like I was part of the team and that we would never lose another game. It was the ultimate pep rally.

All of that being said, how does this event compare to the Evil Empire's "Late Night with Roy" and other school's opening nights? I saw several recruits at the game and if I was an impressionable 16 or 17 year old kid, I would have signed with Duke that night. Cameron was rocking! I was looking for footage online of UNC's opening night and came across this little jewel.

See that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the dancing queens!

WiJoe
10-23-2012, 05:14 PM
See that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the dancing queens!

that will be lost on so many, but it is HILARIOUS ! !

:cool:

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-23-2012, 09:12 PM

Mamma mia, here [they] go again...

ForkFondler
10-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Less Nowledge With Roy

DevilWearsPrada
10-24-2012, 05:41 AM

If I was a recruit and this was what I had to look forward to as a member of the Tarheels, I would head for the hills.....[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!! From Banana costumes, to wearing Tutus, and dancing,"SUGAR PLUM FAIRIES" from The Nutcracker!

CAMERON CRAZIES should have a blast with "THE TUTUs" this season!

Go Duke!! GTHC!