PDA

View Full Version : Coach P keeps reeling them in

jimsumner
10-22-2012, 09:38 PM
More good news for the Duke women.

http://peachstatebasketball.com/week-in-review-chidom-dahlman-decide-oct-22-2012/

chrishoke
10-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Two top ten recruits in the 2013 class. Four straight classes with a top 10 recruit. Awesome.

Class of '94
10-22-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm glad to see Duke and Coach P are continuing their momentum of bringing in top 10 talent. That said, I think we're starting to see the effects of Carolina having the Duke coach that defected to them on their recruiting. They also have 2 top 10 recruits; and it's been a while since they had that.

jimsumner
10-22-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm glad to see Duke and Coach P are continuing their momentum of bringing in top 10 talent. That said, I think we're starting to see the effects of Carolina having the Duke coach that defected to them on their recruiting. They also have 2 top 10 recruits; and it's been a while since they had that.

An oft-repeated narrative was that the defection of Stafford-Odom would destroy Duke's ability to recruit elite talent.

The rumors of that demise are much exaggerated.

Class of '94
10-22-2012, 11:00 PM
An oft-repeated narrative was that the defection of Stafford-Odom would destroy Duke's ability to recruit elite talent.

The rumors of that demise are much exaggerated.

I completely agree. I have to admit that I was worried about whether Duke's recruiting would slip after she left since she did have a noticeable effect on the increased quality of recruits that Duke was bringing in. It goes to show us all that Duke is still a very attractive school to recruits regardless of who is our lead recruiter; and that Duke is developing some good recruiters in the wake of the Stafford-Odom's defection. I could be wrong but it appears that Coach P has stepped up and improved her ability to recruit elite talent, which was an area of coaching she was either not fond of or wasn't as strong in.

CameronBornAndBred
10-22-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm giving Coach Cheek a huge shoutout. I was worried when Trisha Stafford-Odom took off to the baby blues about our recruiting, but the last few weeks we've gotten three really nice recruits. I don't know to what extent Coach Cheek is involved, but she has asked us during our tailgates to show our best faces as the team has led the recruits past our tent. Both Rebecca Greenwall and Chidom got rousing welcomes from us as they and the team walked by. The first tour Coach Cheek let the girls lead the way, the second time (this last weekend) she was with them. Both announced very soon after their visits. She seems to be very active in bringing these recruits in, and it's great that she is a Dukie through and through on top of it.

Here's a pic that I got of Chidom (on the left). Lovely ladies both.

Want to see some of the enthusiasm that Coach Cheek must be sharing with these young women? It obviously spills over and works!

Loved her as a player, loving her now as a coach. Go Coach Joy!!!