PDA

View Full Version : Game times for 11-3 announced

blazindw
10-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Prime time, baby! :cool:

"The ACC announced the following game times (all times ET) and networks for the week of Nov. 1-3.

Thursday, Nov. 1
Virginia Tech at Miami, ESPN, 7:30 p.m. (previously announced) #VTvsMIA

Saturday, Nov. 3
Georgia Tech at Maryland, ACC Network (split network), 12:30 p.m. #GTvsMD
Virginia at NC State, ACC Network (split network), 12:30 p.m. #UVAvsNCSU
Boston College at Wake Forest, RSN, 3:30 p.m. #BCvsWAKE
Clemson at Duke, ESPN2, 7 p.m., #CLEMvsDUKE"

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/46615/acc-announces-tv-game-times-for-nov-3

Dev11
10-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Prime time, baby! :cool:

"The ACC announced the following game times (all times ET) and networks for the week of Nov. 1-3.

Thursday, Nov. 1
Virginia Tech at Miami, ESPN, 7:30 p.m. (previously announced) #VTvsMIA

Saturday, Nov. 3
Georgia Tech at Maryland, ACC Network (split network), 12:30 p.m. #GTvsMD
Virginia at NC State, ACC Network (split network), 12:30 p.m. #UVAvsNCSU
Boston College at Wake Forest, RSN, 3:30 p.m. #BCvsWAKE
Clemson at Duke, ESPN2, 7 p.m., #CLEMvsDUKE"

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/46615/acc-announces-tv-game-times-for-nov-3

ESPN2? I mean, I recognize that given the options its a relatively easy call, but still, that is a great sign for the program.

JasonEvans
10-22-2012, 02:00 PM
We will be playing in a prime time national TV game (ESPN2) on Saturday night.

What were the odds ESPN picked this for one of their national games at the start of the season? 100-1?

-Jason "right about now, Tennessee is cursing themselves for not agreeing to Cut's terms" Evans

CameronBornAndBred
10-22-2012, 02:16 PM
TNTdevil (my grilling partner in TBCC) and I were just joking on Facebook pondering another all day tailgate..and thinking we might just be begging for a 12:30 kickoff as a break.
Wouldn't want any other time though, this is something that cannot be taken for granted. We've dreamed of huge tailgates and games and now that we are living them we are just doing our best to soak it all in. With Thanksgiving coming up and travel plans, this is my last time behind the grills on game day at Wallace Wade this year..what a way to go out.

BigWayne
10-22-2012, 09:29 PM
ESPN2? I mean, I recognize that given the options its a relatively easy call, but still, that is a great sign for the program.

Only ACC game that day with two bowl bound teams.

msdukie
10-23-2012, 12:48 AM
We will be playing in a prime time national TV game (ESPN2) on Saturday night.

What were the odds ESPN picked this for one of their national games at the start of the season? 100-1?

-Jason "right about now, Tennessee is cursing themselves for not agreeing to Cut's terms" Evans

ESPNU is also national TV, despite misrepresentations seen elsewhere on these boards.

BigWayne
10-23-2012, 01:21 AM
ESPNU is also national TV, despite misrepresentations seen elsewhere on these boards.
ESPNU gets last pick of the ABC/ESPN games because it reaches less households. ABC/ESPN puts the games they think will generate higher ratings on the larger networks. ABC is the largest at 112M households. ESPN and ESPN2 reach 99M households, while ESPNU only reaches 72M.

loran16
10-23-2012, 07:20 AM

It's still not the same thing...most often ESPNU is on odd channel #s (for example, 144 on Cablevision) that are out of the way, whereas ESPN2 is at a low number. People are likely to flip to ESPN2 to see what is on, but are much less likely to do so to ESPNU, even if they have it. It's a big difference.

DukeHLM'13
10-23-2012, 07:57 AM
TNTdevil (my grilling partner in TBCC) and I were just joking on Facebook pondering another all day tailgate..and thinking we might just be begging for a 12:30 kickoff as a break.

The late start is always gonna help to get the students out there. We love to tailgate all day.

There was about 3500 students at Carolina and hopefully we can put up a similar number for another prime time game against a big team.

devildeac
10-23-2012, 08:35 AM
The late start is always gonna help to get the students out there. We love to tailgate all day.

There was about 3500 students at Carolina and hopefully we can put up a similar number for another prime time game against a big team.

3500 students? Really? That is highly impressive. I'll repeat what I said to Native here-the students were great. In a PM later, I changed my mind and told him the students were awesome/fabulous. They were loud and stayed until the end. Huge props again.

blazindw
10-23-2012, 09:05 AM

Off Topic - Welcome to the boards! Always great to see a member of the HLM fraternity around here. Hope you and Native and the other students here can keep us in tune with the student buzz on campus for football and basketball...you guys sounded great last Saturday!