PDA

View Full Version : Duke Football Practice #4 Photo Gallery

watzone
08-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I thought about putting this in the other thread, but it would likely be lost. IOW, I don't think folks would know it had been updated. Here are 47 pictures. Once you hit the link, go to the slideshow mode for the best viewing. Enjoy!

Practice #4 Gallery (http://myblogdevils.eponym.com/blog/FootballPractice4PhotoGallery/_archives/2007/8/9/3149843.html)

BTW, the Heels canceled their practice due to today's heat which reached 104 in Derm.

chrishoke
08-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Great pics. I frankly don't see hpow the guys can practice in this heat.

OZZIE4DUKE
08-09-2007, 10:10 PM
BTW, the Heels canceled their practice due to today's heat which reached 104 in Derm.

Typical carolina wussies ;)

Please note: I have endured 2-a-days in pads in South Florida in 95 degrees F & 95% humidity. It was years before I considered any conditions hot again. Today was pleasantly warm with moderate humidity.

TillyGalore
08-10-2007, 10:52 AM
1. Coach Roof has nice looking calves. (Is that wrong of me to mention?)

2. There seem to be a lot of players with knee issues. I saw braces or supports ranging from sleeves to the ridged type device that is used for people who have torn their ACL's at some point.

3. Either someone got hit so hard his shoe was knocked off, or somone hit someone so hard that the hitter's shoe was knocked off.

4. It looks like Duke took measures to keep the team cool via the towels on their head (am wondering if they had been soaked in water and put in the freezer), and it looked like drills, individual sessions, and one on one conversations were held in the shade.

Jarhead
08-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Some pro and college teams have required their players, particularly lineman, to wear those knee braces in games. Some only require it in practice. I think Wake required it of all players last year. No links. Busy watching the Braves.