PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Can Be Bought

Jim3k
10-16-2012, 08:07 PM
for $800,000 (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/gophers-2-games-north-carolina-161207286--ncaaf.html). Covers two football games, the 2013 and 2014 home and home series.

Minnesota is looking for patsies. Maybe they should have waited for the second shoe to drop and saved the money.

So, who will Carolina schedule in the Gophers' place? I can think of some positive ways they can spend the money. First example: they could use it to investigate their academic integrity insofar as athletes are concerned.

Fill in the second and third examples in succeeding posts.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-16-2012, 08:18 PM
for $800,000 (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/gophers-2-games-north-carolina-161207286--ncaaf.html). Covers two football games, the 2013 and 2014 home and home series.

Minnesota is looking for patsies. Maybe they should have waited for the second shoe to drop and saved the money.

So, who will Carolina schedule in the Gophers' place? I can think of some positive ways they can spend the money. First example: they could use it to investigate their academic integrity insofar as athletes are concerned.

Fill in the second and third examples in succeeding posts.

I was delighted to see that Carolina will be playing another Carolina team next year. WXII reported that UNC will start off with South Carolina next year. The Gamecocks are capable of doing a number on Fedora et al.

Merlindevildog91
10-16-2012, 08:30 PM
They are playing Old Dominion next year. ODU is moving up to FBS/Div I/whatever it goes by these days, and will also play Maryland in 2013. The sheep will pay them $450K for one game.

If I were technologically capable, I could link the article from Pilot Online, but alas, I am clueless when on the iPad.

$450K would have paid for quite a few trips for Mama Hanstravel and her honey to, um, meet alumni and friends of the dental school. $800K would have paid for a lot of trips to see Psycho boy travel, uh, play in the NBA.

moonpie23
10-16-2012, 09:42 PM
UNC will start off with South Carolina next year.

ahh...birthplace of my hatred....