PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013 poster

lrjacobson
10-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Has anyone heard about the new 2012-2013 Basketball poster? What is looks like and when and how we can buy autographed copies??

El_Diablo
10-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Has anyone heard about the new 2012-2013 Basketball poster? What is looks like and when and how we can buy autographed copies??

For the last three years, it has been publicly unveiled at Countdown to Craziness, so I am guessing you will have to wait until then to see it.

obsesseddukefan
10-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Hey all, its been a long long while since I have posted. I just was wondering when the 2012-13 Mens Poster will be available to order with the autographs like the previous year will be. Thanks in advance.

DukeHLM'13
10-23-2012, 01:31 PM
The poster was unveiled at Countdown. Its a picture of the team in a Boxing Ring and says "Fight" above their heads. It kind of resembles the women's poster from last year, minus all the blood and taped knuckles.

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/True-Blue/Posterized/6411109_QJSkFG#!i=2160315627&k=8wspZQj

obsesseddukefan
10-23-2012, 07:26 PM
I am familiar with when it is released and when it can be ordered. My mistake for not being clear in my post. I want to order the poster with Autographs. I had to order over the phone last year because I live in Missouri, but I thought there was a different date to when we can order the poster signed by the team. I payed $20 instead of the normal $10. Just curious to when I can make the call again. I know I didnt recieve last years poster until, after or around Thanksgiving. Sorry for the confusion, and again thaks in advance.

WeepingThomasHill
10-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Anyone heard anything about the autographed posters and when they become available? I won't be able to function without adding to my Plumlee autograph collection...

studdlee10
10-31-2012, 12:35 AM
Anyone heard anything about the autographed posters and when they become available? I won't be able to function without adding to my Plumlee autograph collection...

Heard they might not be doing this any more. People abused the act (ie seeing people order multiple posters then go up straight on ebay) and the team was spending hours upon hours signing posters.

Not sure if they decided to cut it off, but I heard that they were considering dropping it.

NCDBlueDevilsTC78
10-31-2012, 06:24 AM
You have bad information they have the autographed posters. While my son and I were told when we at Countdown to Craziness. We were told to call the next week and we could order one. They told me it would be sent out mid to late November. The only difference is the price it is now $40 dollars.

kingboozer
10-31-2012, 07:12 AM
You have bad information they have the autographed posters. While my son and I were told when we at Countdown to Craziness. We were told to call the next week and we could order one. They told me it would be sent out mid to late November. The only difference is the price it is now $40 dollars.

Yep, called and ordered mine the other day. I'd pay $100 if it meant it would curb people turning around and selling them for crazy prices on ebay. This is a courtesy to fans of the team, and for $20 or $40, they aren't making hardly any money off of doing it. I'd be disappointed if they stopped doing it, but I would understand, bad apples always ruin the bunch.

Go Duke!

Pomona
11-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Men's Basketball (919) 613-7500

Order mine today; easy as pie. Mitch D. Fuqua 1983

kingboozer
12-02-2012, 09:06 AM
got mine in the mail yesterday, framed and hung on the wall and it looks great! the wife thinks i may have a problem with all the 'junk' in my office now!

crf30
12-04-2012, 10:38 PM
I saw a signed copy on ebay, bid a couple of times but it is way out of my price range now. Is there a way to buy one from the university? If so, where and how much is it? I want to get it for my brother for Christmas, we are both huge duke fans. Again, I am referring to the signed copy.

kingboozer
12-04-2012, 11:07 PM
I saw a signed copy on ebay, bid a couple of times but it is way out of my price range now. Is there a way to buy one from the university? If so, where and how much is it? I want to get it for my brother for Christmas, we are both huge duke fans. Again, I am referring to the signed copy.

I absolutely hate that people do that, one of the reasons they raised the prices this year. Call the ticket office at the top of the thread, I don't know if you'll get one by Christmas but you should be able to eventually

ricks68
12-05-2012, 01:45 AM
I absolutely hate that people do that, one of the reasons they raised the prices this year. Call the ticket office at the top of the thread, I don't know if you'll get one by Christmas but you should be able to eventually

I got mine yesterday. They now cost 40 bucks. You can get one if you call them and order it, but in all probability, it will be sometime in March before it arrives. That's the way it has worked in the past. They will have to do another signing, and it takes time to set that up and then get them out. My wife and I agreed that it is really one of their best. I really don't have any more wall space for the last few I got, but I will still make a space for the one that devildeac has been holding for me for the past 2+ years now. It's the team with Laettner and Hurley, etc. called "Young Guns". Because it is already mounted, I will have to pick it up and drive back with it when my new home is finished in Asheville. Lucky me.:)

ricks

kingboozer
12-05-2012, 05:10 AM
I got mine yesterday. They now cost 40 bucks. You can get one if you call them and order it, but in all probability, it will be sometime in March before it arrives. That's the way it has worked in the past. They will have to do another signing, and it takes time to set that up and then get them out. My wife and I agreed that it is really one of their best. I really don't have any more wall space for the last few I got, but I will still make a space for the one that devildeac has been holding for me for the past 2+ years now. It's the team with Laettner and Hurley, etc. called "Young Guns". Because it is already mounted, I will have to pick it up and drive back with it when my new home is finished in Asheville. Lucky me.:)

ricks

I got the original Young Guns and the one after they won the championship, neither signed but still great items to have! I've been hunting for the elusive "Simply the Best" from 1992-1993, "Networking" from 1995-1996, and the 1991-1992 poster the only three I don't have between 1990-2012, if anyone has a spare they are willing to part with PM me! I agree, this is the best one since "Lights Cameron Action" a few years ago to me, I have enjoyed collecting these posters and am now getting into the 8x10 team photos now, can't get enough!

crf30
12-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to order one and maybe I'll get him another item for Christmas in case I do have to wait that long for it, in which case it would be just in time for his birthday. I'm glad I asked though. I picked a good time to stop lurking and post something.

dukejim1
12-12-2012, 07:40 AM
I haven't received an e-mail about their availability. Is anyone aware if they are available this year?

toothmechanic72
12-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Just called the Duke basketball office (919) 613-7500 a few minutes ago and ordered one. The lady said it would ship out this Friday.