PDA

View Full Version : Duke's Dynamic Duo

Bluedawg
08-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I know its football season, but I think it's not too early to start looking at hoops. I don't think the women's game gets the credit it deserves, so please allow me to spotlight to truly fine women and athletics...Duke's Dynamic Duo; Emily and Abby Waner. [video] (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XW9VjIZmTjg)

chrishoke
08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Nice - thanks. Emily will play a lot this year.

Bluedawg
08-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Nice - thanks. Emily will play a lot this year.

I hope so. Although I think Coach G did an outstanding job with this program, I questioned some of her decisions. One of them was keeping Emily Waner on the bench. Emily is a sharp shooter and can get you 3s in a hurry. Not using her cost the team dearly. I hope Coach P corrects that error and let her shine this year. She deserves it!

SilkyJ
08-09-2007, 03:16 AM
I hope so. Although I think Coach G did an outstanding job with this program, I questioned some of her decisions. One of them was keeping Emily Waner on the bench. Emily is a sharp shooter and can get you 3s in a hurry. Not using her cost the team dearly. I hope Coach P corrects that error and let her shine this year. She deserves it!

well considering you had a taller, better all around player who does the SAME thing in her sister, i dont think it was necessarily a bad thing. You want players who compliment each other out there. I mean who was she gonna take out? Lindsay harding? Abby?

Bluedawg
08-09-2007, 11:53 AM
well considering you had a taller, better all around player who does the SAME thing in her sister, i dont think it was necessarily a bad thing. You want players who compliment each other out there. I mean who was she gonna take out? Lindsay harding? Abby?

I didn't say "replace"...I said "play" Granted, Lindsey and Abby are the stars and yes, they will start. however, they cannot play the entire game... i can't help but wonder how much the 39 minutes against Temple and 38 against Rutgers Lindsey played had to do with those final two free throws. fatigue can really affect a shot. Even superstars need a rest.

granted, i feel Coach G had a very bad game plan going into Rutgers but Emily never saw the court, except from her view from the bench, that entire game. I don't think you take away a potential offensive weapon down the stretch.

dukemomLA
08-11-2007, 01:38 AM
They have such a wonderful, diverse, deep, strong, cohesive team this year, it's amazing!! Can't wait to see them in action. I'm thrilled with Coach P and all she brings to the table on every level.

Those of you in the NC area, PLEASE, PLEASE get yourselves and everyone you know out to Cameron to support them!!!!!!! I can see them even having the ability to rotate 5 and 5, confounding and exhausting opponents to drop like flies. Damn, I'm excited about the possibilities -- and for a couple of years beyond. GO LADY DEVILS!! They deserve all of our support!