PDA

View Full Version : Andre Dawkins

devil17
10-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Does anyone have any recent information on Andre? Is he practicing with the team and will he be sitting on the bench with the team once the season starts?

Lord Ash
10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
From what I have read Andre is not connected to the team in any way this season. He will not practice or be on the bench.

ElSid
10-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I follow him on "the twitter" and his feed is kind of a strange, random stream of comments. Absolutely nothing about Duke basketball. Just seems to be a normal kid. Sometimes he tweets pictures of his cats. Hopefully healing and growing.

MarkD83
10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
It would be great if Andre would catch a few games with the Cameron Crazies. He would get to see the joy and enthusiasm from a different perspective. I am hopeful that some undergrads would save a place for him in line.

subzero02
10-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I am surprised to hear that he has no involvement with the team, if that is indeed the case. I really hope he begins to practice with the squad at some point during the season.

Dukehky
10-01-2012, 08:40 PM
It would be great if Andre would catch a few games with the Cameron Crazies. He would get to see the joy and enthusiasm from a different perspective. I am hopeful that some undergrads would save a place for him in line.

I feel like I remember Kyrie and Nolan doing that sometime this past year, for maybe 5 minutes. That being said, I would be willing to wager quite a bit that Dre does not take in a game from the students section. He's a player, if he's not on the bench, he's not going to be in the stadium, nor do I think he should be. It's just going to call more attention to the fact that he's not on the floor and draw more questions as to why he's not. Plus, I've met the kid quite a few times, that really doesn't seem like his style.

I'd like to say that threads regarding Dawkins probably need to stop coming. I love him as a player, and wish he was playing, understand why he's not though. But we need to stop speculating on what he needs. K, Dre, and his family are in charge of that. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be completely shocked to never see Andre playing in a Duke uniform again (that is pure speculation, and certainly hope that is not the case), it would however allow him to complete a Duke degree and potentially transfer without having to sit out a year for a grad program.

Newton_14
10-01-2012, 09:09 PM
From what I have read Andre is not connected to the team in any way this season. He will not practice or be on the bench.

Do you remember where you saw that LA? Was it major media or a blog? Just curious. Andre came out and golfed a couple of weekends in my neck of the woods, which I thought was cool. I will always wonder how things would have turned out had the accident never occurred. It's a shame in many ways. I just hope he can find peace, and then get back to doing what he does best which is stroking that sweet jumper. I was hoping he would be on the bench for games at the very least, but really, I just want the plan to be fully about what is best for him. If that means no team activities at all, and no attendance to games, then so be it.

magjayran
10-01-2012, 10:51 PM
I follow him on "the twitter" and his feed is kind of a strange, random stream of comments. Absolutely nothing about Duke basketball. Just seems to be a normal kid. Sometimes he tweets pictures of his cats. Hopefully healing and growing.

I've seen some retweety action with Duke guys so I guess he might still be in touch with them. I hope Dre does what's best for Dre first and foremost and what's best for Duke basketball second. I'd love to see him in a Duke uniform again but only if that's what he really wants.

ThePublisher
10-02-2012, 11:02 AM
to say that threads regarding Dawkins probably need to stop coming. I love him as a player, and wish he was playing, understand why he's not though. But we need to stop speculating on what he needs. K, Dre, and his family are in charge of that.

I second this. It's apparent Mr. Dawkins would like some privacy concerning this. Let's respect that.

Wish you the best Andre!

Lord Ash
10-02-2012, 11:28 AM
JK, to be honest I may have only heard it through PMs and the like, so maybe in retrospect this is rumor-mongering... although the folks I may have heard from may actually be connected to the program. Sorry if this isn't kosher!