PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace Unretires?

sagegrouse
09-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Gonna play for the Knicks, says ESPN (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8441261/source-rasheed-wallace-join-new-york-knicks-unretiring). This will thrill referees everywhere.

Veteran forward Rasheed Wallace has informed the New York Knicks that he will come out of retirement to play for the team this season, according to a league source.

Wallace first worked out for the Knicks last Saturday and had been contemplating a return in recent days.

The 15-year veteran retired after the 2009-10 season, which he spent with the Boston Celtics.

sagegrouse

BD80
09-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Gonna play for the Knicks, says ESPN (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8441261/source-rasheed-wallace-join-new-york-knicks-unretiring). This will thrill referees everywhere.

sagegrouse

Frankly, I would consider the term "unretire" to require a value judgment upon seeing his level of play. Sure, from a fiscal standpoint, he will draw a salary (almost entirely paid by the NBA - the Knicks will pay next to zero) so he is no longer retired. But I can't see him as much more than 4-8 minutes and 6 six fouls frustrating an opposing center - like Bynum - who is wearing down Stoudemire.

BUT DON'T THE KNICKS ALREADY HAVE TYSON CHANDLER, MARCUS CAMBY AND KURT THOMAS??????

Good God. They have 39 yo Jason Kidd, 39 yo Kurt Thomas, 38 yo Camby, and 38 yo Wallace.

The head coach of the reigning NBA champions is 41.

The Knicks on a fast break:

Starter
09-30-2012, 11:58 AM
They're idiots.

-bdbd
09-30-2012, 12:11 PM
I think he wants to add to his NBA record career total of Technical fouls. Maybe it was being threatened? :confused:

Starter
09-30-2012, 12:28 PM
I think he wants to add to his NBA record career total of Technical fouls. Maybe it was being threatened? :confused:

You know, Amar'e and Rasheed could have a pretty heated battle to lead the team in this. I'd have to give Amar'e the edge, since he'll play more, but I could very easily see Rasheed getting ejected on the regular from games he hasn't actually played in.

cf-62
09-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Will now be able to cheer against the Knicks fairly easily.

Starter
09-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Will now be able to cheer against the Knicks fairly easily.

I'm amazed you couldn't before. I've never had a problem doing that, and I'm actually technically a Knicks fan.

greybeard
10-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Shoots the three well and can put it on the floor from there; also very good extended baseline shooter. Invert Amare and/or Carmelo, both of who are great in the post-up, and might have some lift, hurt people more at the basket, and, if they are looking to make a run, provide a way to take Bosh or Perkins outside? Who knows, this is the Knicks after all.

Billy Dat
10-01-2012, 05:05 PM
There's a little known rider in the new CBA that says the team with the highest average age doesn't have to pay luxury tax.

They are changing their name to the Wild Hogs.

Starter - come on, man, aren't you excited by the fact that the whole team has been practicing together for 2+ weeks and Ray Felton says he has a chip on his shoulder? (a figurative one, not a chocolate one)

Ah, to be a Knicks fan, I draw inspiration from our local boys made good...
"I lay puzzle as I backtrack to earlier times
Nothing's equivalent, to the new york state of mind"

BD80
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
... They are changing their name to the Wild Hogs. ..."

They bringing back Oliver Miller? He could certainly anchor the middle

Steven43
10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
'Sheed's game was gone at least six years ago. During his last season with the Celtics he was a shell of the player he used to be. In fact, his mediocre play likely cost the C's the 2009-2010 NBA championship. And that was more than two years ago. I was kind of hoping Roy was going to retire this offseason and 'Sheed would take his place. Dare to dream.