PDA

View Full Version : Austin Rivers on First Take (Video)

Bluedog
09-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Man, he represents us well. Could have a career in broadcasting after the NBA! No content about Duke in the interview (mostly about LeBron), but Austin shows that he knows his stuff. The title is meant to entice hits and is a bit misleading; Austin has nothing against LeBron James. He's just not one of his "favorites" because LeBron does things in his game that Austin can't emulate - thus, his favorite players are all guards. I don't believe the below clip is the entire interview, but it's the best one I could find for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo6UBl8ygpI

moonpie23
09-20-2012, 12:24 PM
wow......smooth as the other side of the pillow

jipops
09-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Any way to auto-mute Stephen A and Skip in this video? Austin appears very comfortable and capable in this setting. He could take their jobs right now.

Edouble
09-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Wow... Austin is ridiculously well-presented. Is that a word? He is leaps and bounds beyond many NBA veterans. Jalen Rose should be crossing his fingers that Austin has a looooong NBA career.

One minor criticism: @ 2:33 Austin refers to the NBA as the National Basketball League.

I hope that Austin can connect with his teammates. I remember Jason Williams getting the "Duke boy" treatment, and one of those NY Times articles commenting on how much more intelligent Shane is than his teammates. Austin is already more polished than 95% of current NBA players and carries the baggage of the Duke pedigree and the Doc Rivers pedigree.

UrinalCake
09-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Awesome interview and game analysis. A viewer could very easily forget that he's a player and think that he's a veteran TV analyst. Nice to see Stephen A. and Skip stay away from the not-so-subtle ribbing they usually give him.

AZLA
09-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Awesome interview and game analysis. A viewer could very easily forget that he's a player and think that he's a veteran TV analyst. Nice to see Stephen A. and Skip stay away from the not-so-subtle ribbing they usually give him.

Yup, dude held court over veteran commentators -- came across as even more insightful.

NSDukeFan
09-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Yup, dude held court over veteran commentators -- came across as even more insightful.

I thought Austin spoke very well, but I am not sure you offered much of a compliment here.

Li_Duke
09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm very pleased. I think he'll be representing Duke well for years to come.

Cameron
09-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Any way to auto-mute Stephen A and Skip in this video? Austin appears very comfortable and capable in this setting. He could take their jobs right now.

Whether or not you possess a personal fondness for the man, Stephen A. Smith has overcome extreme adversity and debilitating addiction to get where he is today and deserves your respect, if not your affection. He was hooked on phonics for years before he got to ESPN.

DevilWearsPrada
09-22-2012, 07:04 AM

Exactly What I was thinking also. Austin is a very well spoken young man with a High Basketball IQ. In that clip, he clearly came across as a Veteran TV analyst, as you stated. The Best to Austin this season as a NBA player...... and then in a few years, after his basketball career, he will be sitting in one of the chairs, like SAS and Skip! Austin is representing Duke University very well with his communication skills, Basketball IQ and being a very sharp dressed young man!!

Thanks for posting the link!