PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Singler story from front page

Lord Ash
09-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Anyone else think of our friend Doug when reading that Greg Monroe had this to say about Kyle Singler?

“He makes us more athletic."

Hah!:) Maybe he meant to say "He makes us more alarmingly unathletic?" and just got confused?

BD80
09-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Anyone else think of our friend Doug when reading that Greg Monroe had this to say about Kyle Singler?

“He makes us more athletic."

Hah!:) Maybe he meant to say "He makes us more alarmingly unathletic?" and just got confused?

Frankly, when considered in the context of comparing Kyle's presence (and presents like the assist on the dunk) to Maggette or Prince, I would interpret Greg's comment to mean: "he frees the rest of the team to utilize their athleticism." Maggette may not be what he once was, but he is still very athletic, and while Prince may have peaked a few years ago, I still remember him tracking down Kobe to block a fast-break dunk - a play few in the history of the game could make (LeBron and DT come to mind). Kyle's ability to see and spread the floor and make quick decisions will crank up the tempo. Prince is a black hole when he get the ball, and Maggette slows the offense down while looking to break down the D with a one-on-one penetration move.

Nicosandila
09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
I got to watch a few Pistons games when they played the Bulls last year, and they need all the help they can get, even if Kyle makes them more athletic...

weezie
09-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Reading between the lines of the article, I "felt" Monroe was actually saying "Why was I such a dope to go to Gtown when I could have been a contender at Duke with the likes of Singler in the house?!" :cool: