PDA

View Full Version : The Tami Hansbrough Travel Vigil

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Matt Kupec, top fundraiser, has resigned amid questions about inappropriate use of funds for personal travel. Matt was quite the QB back when he played in Kenan. An even bigger surprise is that the travel in question was with his girlfriend, Tyler Hansbrough's mother, also on the fundraising staff.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/10/2332702/top-unc-fundraiser-resigns-amid.html

diablesseblu
09-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Matt Kupec, top fundraiser, has resigned amid questions about inappropriate use of funds for personal travel. Matt was quite the QB back when he played in Kenan. An even bigger surprise is that the travel in question was with his girlfriend, Tyler Hansbrough's mother, also on the fundraising staff.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/10/2332702/top-unc-fundraiser-resigns-amid.html

Excuse me, pass the popcorn!

burnspbesq
09-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Not a good time to be short popcorn futures.:cool:

Duvall
09-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Shouldn't we be referring to this as the Hansbrough Travel Scandal?

WiJoe
09-10-2012, 10:29 PM

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Heck yeah. Change the thread title, PLEASE !

dukelion
09-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Man.....you can't make this stuff up.

Can't wait until we can start talking about basketball again.

hurleyfor3
09-10-2012, 10:41 PM

No, no, NO! It's always a Vigil.

Gewebe14
09-10-2012, 10:45 PM
“It was difficult because Matt has been such a great person for the university and has raised billions of dollars for us,” Thorp added, “but I had to share with him what we had been finding and it didn’t look good, and that it’s likely that this sort of personally-driven travel was unacceptable and we are going to need to do a pretty thorough investigation of it.”

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/10/2332702/top-unc-fundraiser-resigns-amid.html#storylink=cpy

He raised BILLIONS for us??? That certainly IS impressive. Can we add not being able to count to Thorp's credentials, or is it possible that he actually raised billions?

Que Dr. Evil.

JasonEvans
09-10-2012, 10:46 PM
No, no, NO! It's always a Vigil.

It may be a scandal regarding travel, but there was certainly some nookie going on as well.

But, a "Nookie Vigil" sound like something a teenager is on when he goes to senior prom.

-Jason "so, when Carolina fans talk about Duhon's mom, can we remind them that UNC actually gave a job to Tyler's mom while Tyler was still in school?" Evans

Kedsy
09-10-2012, 10:48 PM
He raised BILLIONS for us??? That certainly IS impressive. Can we add not being able to count to Thorp's credentials, or is it possible that he actually raised billions?

According to the article, he oversaw the raising of four billion dollars overall. So, not being able to count probably not on the table.

Gewebe14
09-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Interesting, NACUBO lists UNC's entire endowment at $2.2 billion so raising "billions" seemed somewhat impossible. Maybe they just spend the money real fast. On Football players, coaches, and academic advisors.

JasonEvans
09-10-2012, 11:03 PM
“It was difficult because Matt has been such a great person for the university and has raised billions of dollars for us,” Thorp added, “but I had to share with him what we had been finding and it didn’t look good, and that it’s likely that this sort of personally-driven travel was unacceptable and we are going to need to do a pretty thorough investigation of it.”

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/10/2332702/top-unc-fundraiser-resigns-amid.html#storylink=cpy

Que Dr. Evil.

It is not at all unlikely that a University the size of UNC would raise billions over the course of several years of capital campaigns. Here is an article (http://www.newsobserver.com/2009/10/01/120294/unc-ch-delays-capital-campaign.html)from 2009 that talks about UNC completing a $2.8 bil capital campaign and getting ready to embark on a new $4 bil campaign.

-Jason

BD80
09-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Wait. Am I reading this correctly? A Hansbrough is finally getting whistled for traveling at Carolina?

Sounds like she did some flopping too ...

This is just bad ...

... Hansbrough’s unusual work history at UNC-Chapel Hill. She was originally hired on Dec. 8, 2008, as a fundraiser for the foundation that serves UNC-CH’s dental school.

At the time, her son Tyler, a senior, was beginning his final season on the basketball team, a season that would bring the university a national championship. ...

Thorp confirmed that a dental foundation audit later found that during that championship run, Tami Hansbrough had been traveling to cities in which Tyler Hansbrough was playing basketball. But Thorp said those foundation-paid trips were legitimate because she was raising money for the university, and UNC fans traveling to those games would have been good candidates to make donations.

hudlow
09-10-2012, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZkoJxQrlm0

CampbellBlueDevil
09-11-2012, 12:41 AM
They need to do a complete sweep of that program. It is an embarrassment to the state.

sagegrouse
09-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Tami Hansbrough was hired to do fund-raising by the UNC Dental Foundation in Dec. 2008, as son Tyler began his senior season. She apparently traveled to many of his road games on the Foundation's dime. After an audit, she was cleared of wrongdoing because of interaction with potential donors on road trips, but her boss, Brad Bodager, resigned. Lessee, she traveled on her own volition to see TH play; she billed the expenses to UNC; she cleared an audit; her boss, however, resigned for either approving or overlooking (yeah, I bet) those trips.

Then she got into a relationship with Matt Kupec, the ex QB and head fundraiser for UNC. He separated from his wife in 2009. There was a fundraising position created reporting to Kupec, and he attempted to hire her. Nope, said Chancellor Thorp, against the rules 'cuz you two are in a relationship. Another position was created, as a fundraiser reporting to the (get this) Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs. (In a Duke context, does Larry Moneta need a fundraiser?) Tami won after a "competitive" search. You wonder what the interviews were like. I mean, does this lady have an internal sponsor at UNC? I think all roads lead to Thorp.

She continued her relationship with Kupec, whose divorce papers cited "marital discord," a euphemism for, uh, whatever. Tami traveled with him frequently. The travel bills, natch, were sent to UNC and paid. The audit of his travel expenses revealed trips for personal reasons involving the two. He was forced to resign. I mean, making $350K a year, couldn't he afford to buy a plane ticket or two?

Anything she touches seems to crash and burn. "Typhoid Tami," I say. And, I predict, Holden Thorp is likely to be next on her list. Feeling OK these days, Holden?

sagegrouse

hudlow
09-11-2012, 09:05 AM
They need to do a complete sweep of that program. It is an embarrassment to the state.

UNCesspool.

Wheat/"/"/"
09-11-2012, 09:37 AM
If somebody out there can raise billions for me, I'll grant all your travel request as a business expense.

Take your wife and your girlfriend, I don't care.

Sigh...we live in a "Housewives of New Jersey" society now anyways....what's next?

Reilly
09-11-2012, 09:44 AM
This is eye-popping news, to be sure.

oldnavy
09-11-2012, 09:49 AM
If somebody out there can raise billions for me, I'll grant all your travel request as a business expense.

Sigh...we live in a "Housewives of New Jersey" society now anyways....what's next?

Wheat you make a good point, we do. Who knows what's next? I mean we get primetime coverage of Snookie having a baby, and it is celebrated as a good thing. I hate to think of what that poor child is going to endure....

The only interest I have in this "Hansbrough travelgate" is all the funny "travel" jokes that we can make of it.

I guess if there is public monies envolved it should be called out, but I am not sure that this is the case... and honestly I don't care. As long as we are pouring billions of our tax money into places like (pick a corupt foreign governemnt) this is less than a blip on the radar of wasteful government spending.

toughbuff1
09-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Unpossible. I refuse to believe a Hansbrough would ever get called for travelling.

PackMan97
09-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Unpossible. I refuse to believe a Hansbrough would ever get called for travelling.

Things to note...Tami's travel was on the up an up, no NCAA violations were committed, the travel was for official fundraising business...BUT her boss immediately left UNC's employ after the audit was finished. Um...not buying that one.

The travel for Tami to see Ben play was not official business and *IS* an improper benefit to the parent of a student athlete. What bearing does it have that Ben was a UNC athlete (but still an NCAA athlete)?

Does any of this raise red flags when everyone was surprised that Tyler stayed for his senior year given his likely lottery pick status after his Junior season? Interesting that Tami was hired during his Senior season and received some questionable benefits from Carolina.

JasonEvans
09-11-2012, 11:00 AM

Wheat,

I tried to point out that raising billions is not that huge a deal for a major university. The guy in charge of fundraising is supposed to raise billions. If he failed to raise billions, he would be a gigantic failure.

And, more to the point, regardless of his effectiveness as a fundraiser, if he is misappropriating university funds for his own personal use then he must be fired/forced to resign. Either these trips were legitimate or they were not.

I have not seen any testimonials or other indications that Kupec was some out-of-this-world fundraiser. Even if he was, the answer is to give him a raise and increase his compensation. It is not to turn a blind eye to him abusing his power/position to bill improper expenses to the university.

-Jason "FWIW, I do not see this as an athletic-connected scandal at this time -- but maybe I am being naive" Evans

CameronBornAndBred
09-11-2012, 11:24 AM
-Jason "FWIW, I do not see this as an athletic-connected scandal at this time -- but maybe I am being naive" Evans
Any chance that these findings are related to the deeper inquiry that unc is running now though? Seems like odd timing. (Unlike if his resignation happened during the year in question.)

PackMan97
09-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Any chance that these findings are related to the deeper inquiry that unc is running now though? Seems like odd timing. (Unlike if his resignation happened during the year in question.)

Kane has said he was tipped off about the Dental Foundation audit that led to Bogner resigning (Tami's boss) and to the extent of Kupec and Tami's relationship/travel.

I would say it's unrelated, save for the fact Tami was Tyler's mom and Tyler surprised a bunch of folks by staying for his senior year.

OZZIE4DUKE
09-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Wait. Am I reading this correctly? A Hansbrough is finally getting whistled for traveling at Carolina?

Sounds like she did some flopping too ...

Then she got into a relationship with Matt Kupec, the ex QB and head fundraiser for UNC. He separated from his wife in 2009.

Flopping? Nah, there was a wholelotta zporking goin' on! http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/19.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/19.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/19.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/19.gif

oldnavy
09-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Kane has said he was tipped off about the Dental Foundation audit that led to Bogner resigning (Tami's boss) and to the extent of Kupec and Tami's relationship/travel.

I would say it's unrelated, save for the fact Tami was Tyler's mom and Tyler surprised a bunch of folks by staying for his senior year.

I personally doubt that Tyler's mom had much to do with him staying his senior year. As much as we love to bust on him on other areas of his game and commercials, and reading to kids snafu's, he was a pretty dedicated and motivated player who very much wanted to win a NC.... I just don't think there is any meat on that bone, but if you woofies can find some dig on!

PackMan97
09-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I just don't think there is any meat on that bone, but if you woofies can find some dig on!

Do we need to find any? I'm all for letting folks draw their own conclusions.

Maybe there isn't anything there, but I would say it's up to UNC to prove there isn't. Maybe they can fire up another investigation? It's awfully convenient that his mom received something close to a six figure salary + free travel to see her son play. Maybe it's coincidence, just like it's coincidence that mostly athletes found these AFAM sham courses that few regular students even knew about. Maybe it's coincidence that Butch Davis used his personal phone instead of work phone and stone walled giving up the records. Maybe it's coincidence that almost everyone involved that might have some dirt left UNC-CH's employ before folks got a chance to talk to them and were uncooperative from that point out. Maybe it's coincidence that all these folks that left UNC-CH received nice payouts and/or pensions as part of the deal.

Me? I don't believe in that many coincidences.

dukeofcalabash
09-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Things to note...Tami's travel was on the up an up, no NCAA violations were committed, the travel was for official fundraising business...BUT her boss immediately left UNC's employ after the audit was finished. Um...not buying that one.

The travel for Tami to see Ben play was not official business and *IS* an improper benefit to the parent of a student athlete. What bearing does it have that Ben was a UNC athlete (but still an NCAA athlete)?

Does any of this raise red flags when everyone was surprised that Tyler stayed for his senior year given his likely lottery pick status after his Junior season? Interesting that Tami was hired during his Senior season and received some questionable benefits from Carolina.

So how much of this money did Tyler end up with? Does anyone know?

Dukehky
09-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Unfortunately there aren't championships at stake in this little investigation. We've got bigger things to worry about guys...

Carolina needs to get it together, part of the fun of the rivalry is that both schools are clean (especially in basketball) in regards to violations and stuff, with a few whoopsy daisies along the way.

Newton_14
09-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately there aren't championships at stake in this little investigation. We've got bigger things to worry about guys...

Carolina needs to get it together, part of the fun of the rivalry is that both schools are clean (especially in basketball) in regards to violations and stuff, with a few whoopsy daisies along the way.

Really? Were I a random fan of school X, outside of the ACC, I may be arguing 3 championships are at stake between UNC and Duke. 05- UNC 7 Players majored in AFAM, 09- UNC, Star Player's mom flown to every single road game on the school's dime, 10-Duke LT Jewelry Vigil.... Based on speculation in the media right now, why wouldn't fan X argue those points?

That said, I don't want any of the 3 titles vacated, but I can certainly see why other people would be foaming at the mouth right now...

Duvall
09-11-2012, 10:07 PM

Oh, I disagree. Even if we had enough facts to conclude that the Lance Thomas lawsuit might lead to some kind of penalty for Duke, there hasn't been anything at all to suggest that the situation is nearly as serious as UNC's chief development official working with the university chancellor and Vice Chancellor to get his girlfriend a job on the university payroll, a job that resulted in misappropriation of university funds.

Newton_14
09-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Oh, I disagree. Even if we had enough facts to conclude that the Lance Thomas lawsuit might lead to some kind of penalty for Duke, there hasn't been anything at all to suggest that the situation is nearly as serious as UNC's chief development official working with the university chancellor and Vice Chancellor to get his girlfriend a job on the university payroll, a job that resulted in misappropriation of university funds.

and that said girlfriend just happened to be the mom of the star basketball player and used said funds to fly to all of star players road games. Nah, no issues there at all...

Dukehky
09-11-2012, 10:18 PM
I think that you're correct in AFAM studies part could prove to cause a player to be ineligible, but I don't see that Hansbrough thing in that light. Could be wrong. I'm just being not feeling great about the whole LT situation. Hopefully all of it turns out to be nothing.

ForkFondler
09-11-2012, 10:26 PM
This isn' even in th top 10 of the issues that have surfaced inthe last two years. The problem that the NCAA has with UNC is that for many years they have been primarily concerned with improper benefits that the schools have limited (coaches), little (boosters), or no (casual fans) over. While the Butch Davis/Black Santa operation fit into their world view, the rest of the UNC mess is totally outside it. They just can't deal a with transgressions resulting from the complete and total control of the institution. Hopefully some othe enforcement program can step up.

Duvall
09-11-2012, 10:54 PM
I think that you're correct in AFAM studies part could prove to cause a player to be ineligible, but I don't see that Hansbrough thing in that light. Could be wrong.

There are more important things than player eligibility - things that get people fired.

I mean, take a look at the latest article from the Nando. (http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/11/2334880/uncs-kupec-worked-to-establish.html#storylink=cpy)

A fundraising position at UNC Chapel Hill filled by Tami Hansbrough was the result of direct efforts by Matt Kupec, the university’s chief fundraiser who was also in a relationship with her, a top university administrator acknowledged in an interview Tuesday.

The $95,000-a-year job for Hansbrough was also funded by Kupec’s office, said Winston Crisp, the university’s vice chancellor for student affairs.

The job for Hansbrough, who is the mother of former UNC basketball star Tyler Hansbrough, is listed on organizational charts as being part of Crisp’s office – an arrangement approved by Crisp and UNC Chancellor Holden Thorp that allowed the university to bypass concerns about the relationship and move Hansbrough into the job.

CampbellBlueDevil
09-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Duke's 2010 championship is safe.

UNC has some that shouldn't be safe.

DukieInKansas
09-11-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm glad Tami was added to the thread title. Waiting for Hansbrough to travel could never be classified as requiring a vigil.

Wheat/"/"/"
09-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Wheat,

I tried to point out that raising billions is not that huge a deal for a major university. The guy in charge of fundraising is supposed to raise billions. If he failed to raise billions, he would be a gigantic failure.

And, more to the point, regardless of his effectiveness as a fundraiser, if he is misappropriating university funds for his own personal use then he must be fired/forced to resign. Either these trips were legitimate or they were not.

I have not seen any testimonials or other indications that Kupec was some out-of-this-world fundraiserevery. Even if he was, the answer is to give him a raise and increase his compensation. It is not to turn a blind eye to him abusing his power/position to bill improper expenses to the university.

Jason, of course you are right. I was just being a little glib in that post.

I'm all about responsibility and accountability. If the parties involved violated agreements of their employment, They should be held accountable for their actions.

jdj4duke
09-12-2012, 10:08 AM

Well, it apparently is not embarrassing to most of the alums or university officials. And I doubt that more than a few citizens at large care much about it. With them, even if the glove fits, they get acquitted. The State of NC will not hang out more laundry, especially some as tawdry as this. Wish it might be otherwise, but won't happen.

And take your schadenfreud however you want, reluctantly or with glee, but imagine the crap that ol' Tyler and his brother are probably taking over this. Next time Tyler takes the floor and someone prods him with "Yo mama", it will actually mean something.

hudlow
09-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Well, it apparently is not embarrassing to most of the alums or university officials. And I doubt that more than a few citizens at large care much about it. With them, even if the glove fits, they get acquitted. The State of NC will not hang out more laundry, especially some as tawdry as this. Wish it might be otherwise, but won't happen.

And take your schadenfreud however you want, reluctantly or with glee, but imagine the crap that ol' Tyler and his brother are probably taking over this. Next time Tyler takes the floor and someone prods him with "Yo mama", it will actually mean something.

Maybe Carolina has become like the financial institutions which were.... "too big to fail"....?????

drcharl
09-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Do the NCAA regulations as extensive as they are say anything about family members of student athletes getting jobs at the educational institutions where their kids are attending on scholarship. Could there be a possibility that the athlete would choose an educational institution or remain at one an additional year in association with a close family member getting a job there?

Atlanta Duke
09-12-2012, 07:38 PM
No further delay in trying to wrap up this latest mess

“Tamara Hansbrough has resigned her position as a major gifts officer, effective immediately, at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The University placed Hansbrough on administrative leave Sept. 10 as the University launched an internal investigation about travel-related expenses.”

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/12/2337008/unc-fundraiser-tami-hansbrough.html

Dopeshop
09-12-2012, 08:31 PM
It has just been confirmed that in addition to her job as fund raiser ,Tami Hansbrough was a full professor in the African and Afro-American Studies Department . stay tuned ....

moonpie23
09-13-2012, 09:15 AM
tami has resigned.

http://m.newsobserver.com/observer/db_97301/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=7XpiGTcb

niveklaen
09-13-2012, 09:28 AM
It has just been confirmed that in addition to her job as fund raiser ,Tami Hansbrough was a full professor in the African and Afro-American Studies Department . stay tuned ....

???link???

moonpie23
09-13-2012, 10:52 AM
sarcasm I think

JasonEvans
09-13-2012, 10:53 AM
sarcasm I think

Sarcasm, I am sure.

C'mon folks, don't let the simple fun fool ya!

-JE

AtlDuke72
09-14-2012, 08:42 AM
The Chancellor was interviewed on the local news and said that Tami was hired " . . . the same way we always do". Not sure I would have admitted that!

oldnavy
09-14-2012, 08:56 AM
The Chancellor was interviewed on the local news and said that Tami was hired " . . . the same way we always do". Not sure I would have admitted that!

So... there are other Basketball players' moms on staff at UNC? Or, wait does he mean that she went through the interview process along with a pool of other qualified applicants and she just happened to be the most qualified??

These UNC folks are a confusing bunch, are they not?

moonpie23
09-14-2012, 10:22 AM
thew unc dental school says "nothing to see here....move along...move along..! (http://blogs.newsobserver.com/iteam/unc-ch-dental-foundation-declines-to-release-spending-report-that-mentioned-tami-hansbrough-tr)

UrinalCake
09-14-2012, 10:30 AM
the unc dental school says "nothing to see here....move along...move along..!

Sounds like someone needs to sink their teeth into that investigation

Indoor66
09-14-2012, 10:35 AM
thew unc dental school says "nothing to see here....move along...move along..! (http://blogs.newsobserver.com/iteam/unc-ch-dental-foundation-declines-to-release-spending-report-that-mentioned-tami-hansbrough-tr)

I would give my eye teeth to get the full story.

BD80
09-14-2012, 10:54 AM

EVERY unc interview involves dinner, a bottle of wine and a room at the Marriott?

devildeac
09-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Sounds like someone needs to sink their teeth into that investigation

But I'd wager they come up with a big cavity.

throatybeard
09-14-2012, 12:51 PM
There's a Kris Lang's mouthguard joke to be made here, but I'm not equal to the task.

UrinalCake
09-14-2012, 12:57 PM
But I'd wager they come up with a big cavity.

Maybe they need to send in the canine unit

madscavenger
09-14-2012, 01:49 PM
The Foundation (Dental Foundation Of North Carolina Inc, EIN 566304130) is required to file an IRS Form 990 every year. They are public record.

The last three years on file are:

2008 http://irs990.charityblossom.org/990/200906/566304130.pdf
2009 http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_archive/566/566304130/566304130_201006_990.pdf
2010 (through June 30 2011) http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_archive/566/566304130/566304130_201106_990.pdf

Here's an interesting piece of information (i think):

FORM 990, PART VI, SECTION B, LINE 15: THE FOUNDATION"S STAFF ARE PAID
THROUGH THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA. COMPENSATION REVIEW OCCURS
THROUGH THE UNIVERSITY"S CENTRAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICE, WHICH IS A SEPARATE
AND INDEPENDENT BODY. COMPENSATION REVIEW INCLUDES REVIEWING DATA FROM
COMPARABLE CAMPUS UNITS OR DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONALS IN SIMILAR POSITIONS
AT OTHER INSTITUTIONS. THE GOVERNING BOARD OF THE FOUNDATION APPROVES THE
COMPENSATION OF THE FOUNDATION"S EMPLOYEES DURING THE ESTABLISHMENT OF AN
OPERATING BUDGET EACH FISCAL YEAR.

Lots of info here, including Foundation expenses. Note that a filing extension was requested every year.

Go crazy.

buddy
09-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Don't read anything into the filing extension. An organization as big as UNC would routinely request extensions for all of its filings. Even organizations much smaller and less complex do so regularly.

niveklaen
09-14-2012, 04:13 PM

Does that means that all UNC employees are kanoodled by Kupec as a pre-condition to employment?

devildeac
09-14-2012, 05:34 PM

That would get to the root of it.

BD80
09-14-2012, 06:53 PM

That would get to the root of it.

Hardly. Surely you can see this (w)hole thing is merely lip service. It is clearly an issue of (m)oral decay.

throatybeard
09-14-2012, 09:33 PM
This is all Ludacrest.

devildeac
09-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Hardly. Surely you can see this (w)hole thing is merely lip service. It is clearly an issue of (m)oral decay.
I think we can expect an extraction of many of these puns to their own thread soon.

jdj4duke
09-15-2012, 05:35 AM
I think we can expect an extraction of many of these puns to their own thread soon.

We do like our mental floss. The best ones should get a plaque.

MChambers
09-15-2012, 07:55 AM
We do like our mental floss. The best ones should get a plaque.

There is much wisdom in this thread.

fidel
09-15-2012, 08:02 AM

Gummed this one up a bit, eh?

devildeac
09-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Gummed this one up a bit, eh?

Getting rather long in the tooth with these comments.

Reilly
09-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Not sure what Kupec was thinking ... I'd rather have a root canal than have Psycho T calling me dad.

Dopeshop
09-15-2012, 09:35 AM
It seems to me that this episode may be the greatest opportunity yet for Duke wit and humor. my favorite was The Inhale/ Exhale cheer for tarheel Steve Hale ,on the bench with a lung issue. Anyway

this tabloid mess needs it own space for the best of DBR and its posters . a reading of the boards have already shown some goodies... "

"AT LAST --a Hansbrough called for traveling. "

"Don't call Tami for charging-- It was a flop "

"Breathe if you've been on a fun-raiser with Tami " Come on I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ies ---What say you ? I can't wait until the next UNC visit to Cameron.

Native
09-15-2012, 09:36 AM
It seems to me that this episode may be the greatest opportunity yet for Duke wit and humor. my favorite was The Inhale/ Exhale cheer for tarheel Steve Hale ,on the bench with a lung issue. Anyway

this tabloid mess needs it own space for the best of DBR and its posters . a reading of the boards have already shown some goodies... "

"AT LAST --a Hansbrough called for traveling. "

"Don't call Tami for charging-- It was a flop "

"Breathe if you've been on a fun-raiser with Tami " Come on I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ies ---What say you ? I can't wait until the next UNC visit to Cameron.

Know that a student from last year's Tent 1 is archiving all of this Tami business.

All of it.

Dr. Rosenrosen
09-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Sure, but neither psycho nor his mom will be there. So the effect is rather lost.

throatybeard
09-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Know that a student from last year's Tent 1 is archiving all of this Tami business.

All of it.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Oh, hell, that episode aired when you were in like 5yo Kindergarten. I trust that your generation has an appreciation for the recent Classics.

Turk
09-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Getting rather long in the tooth with these comments.

UNC is bracing themselves for the day when the problem will be straightened out, with all the legal talent they have on retainer...

sagegrouse
09-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Anything she touches seems to crash and burn. "Typhoid Tami," I say. And, I predict, Holden Thorp is likely to be next on her list. Feeling OK these days, Holden?

sagegrouse

Let's see. Typhoid Tami's casualty list now includes Matt Kupec, Brad Bodager, Holden Thorp, and herself. That's a grand slam! -- sagegrouse

BD80
09-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Let's see. Typhoid Tami's casualty list now includes Matt Kupec, Brad Bodager, Holden Thorp, and herself. That's a grand slam! -- sagegrouse

She usually charged extra for a grand slam.

ThePublisher
09-18-2012, 09:06 PM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/18/2351867/unc-dental-foundation-report-shows.html#storylink=misearch

Dental records show Tami took trips on university funds that were not 'fundraiser' approved.

Duvall
09-18-2012, 09:11 PM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/18/2351867/unc-dental-foundation-report-shows.html#storylink=misearch

Dental records show Tami took trips on university funds that were not 'fundraiser' approved.

The travel included trips to the 2009 ACC tournament and UNC's NCAA tournament games.

The report in question. (http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedia/2012/09/18/17/35/QIlmA.So.156.pdf)

Merlindevildog91
09-18-2012, 10:39 PM
The travel included trips to the 2009 ACC tournament and UNC's NCAA tournament games.

The report in question. (http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedia/2012/09/18/17/35/QIlmA.So.156.pdf)

Thanks for posting the link to the report. One hardly knows where to begin in a discussion of such a matter. But In the backwater where I prosecute, those who use their employers' funds to pay for their spouses' cruises are called embezzlers, or felons.

Reilly
09-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Let's see. Typhoid Tami's casualty list ... a grand slam! -- sagegrouse

Right. She's a Hansbrough: 1-2-3-4 ... just like the number of steps before shooting a layup.