PDA

View Full Version : 2013 MBB Schedule is Released

1 24 90
09-10-2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205681439&DB_OEM_ID=4200

cbarry
09-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Anybody know if the Duke Hoops Google Calendar has been updated with the new schedule. It's not showing up on mine yet. Or is there a different Google Calendar I need to grab?

Thanks.

AtlBluRew
09-10-2012, 12:39 PM
I notice that we don't have a late-season break from the conference this year. Last year the late opponent was St. John's. This means, also, no venture outside of ACC arenas after the Jan. 2 game against Davidson in Charlotte.

sagegrouse
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205681439&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Yep. It's the complete schedule for 2012-2013.

All but two games are on national TV: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, CBS (Md at CIS), NBC Sports (two games in Bahamas; aka Versus), and ... wait for it... AXSTV, which used to be HDNet and is Ch. 306 on DirecTV (first game against Minnesota in the Bahamas).

The exceptions: ACC network only for home games with State and Boston College. These are usually available elsewhere, but I don't assume anything these days.

sagegrouse

sagegrouse
09-10-2012, 12:41 PM
I notice that we don't have a late-season break from the conference this year. Last year the late opponent was St. John's. This means, also, no venture outside of ACC arenas after the Jan. 2 game against Davidson in Charlotte.

This result is the residue of the 18-game schedule. -- sage

cbarry
09-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I DO like how most of the hoops schedule has game TIMES, unlike football, which is often determined the week or two before (not just Duke but most schools). That is a pet peeve of mine with football.

blazindw
09-10-2012, 12:51 PM
I DO like how most of the hoops schedule has game TIMES, unlike football, which is often determined the week or two before (not just Duke but most schools). That is a pet peeve of mine with football.

It's done that way in football so that TV can highlight the best games of that particular weekend. I don't like it either, but I do enjoy that there's always a great game on in the afternoon and at night.

HaveFunExpectToWin
09-10-2012, 01:24 PM
and ... wait for it... AXSTV, which used to be HDNet

Perhaps Seacrest will be at the game. This is the first notable programming I've seen for the new station.

AtlBluRew
09-10-2012, 02:15 PM
This result is the residue of the 18-game schedule. -- sage

Yes, I figured that ... And regret it. I liked that break and think it was good for the team in terms of Tourney preparation and a rest from the conference.

moonpie23
09-10-2012, 02:27 PM
how do i get that on my iphone again? smh....

CrazyNotCrazie
09-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Interesting that there is no game over MLK weekend - Thursday night home vs. GA Tech then Wednesday at Miami - I can't recall the last time we took a weekend "off" mid-season. Games over long weekends are usually my best hope for making a trip to Durham or elsewhere for a game.

HaveFunExpectToWin
09-10-2012, 02:57 PM
how do i get that on my iphone again? smh....

The ScoreMobile app lets you load any team's schedule into your calendar. That's what I do.

David
09-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Interesting that there is no game over MLK weekend - Thursday night home vs. GA Tech then Wednesday at Miami - I can't recall the last time we took a weekend "off" mid-season. Games over long weekends are usually my best hope for making a trip to Durham or elsewhere for a game.

I was also targeting MLK weekend for a possible trip to Durham. Oh well. It is odd that we don't have a game at all that weekend. Anyone know the story here?

Dukehky
09-11-2012, 09:30 PM
I like the 18 game schedule, personally.

Also, Rodney Hood is going to be the best player on the team in 2013 unless Julius Randle comes to Duke. Yeah, I'm saying he'll be more effective than Jabari should he come.

cbarry
09-11-2012, 10:26 PM
I like the 18 game schedule, personally.

Also, Rodney Hood is going to be the best player on the team in 2013 unless Julius Randle comes to Duke. Yeah, I'm saying he'll be more effective than Jabari should he come.
I like Hood a lot also. Impressive in the NC Pro-Am, and a really friendly guy also! I think Cook will be impressive in 2013, unless he goes pro. Cook will be the best player on the 2012-3 team.

Kedsy
09-11-2012, 11:25 PM

I'm not saying you're wrong (I'm also not saying you're right), but on what exactly do you base these statements?