PDA

View Full Version : Athletes get in trouble in concert with Morrisville-based sex workers

BD80
09-07-2012, 05:27 PM
DeMatha Football players sneak hookers into hotel at 5:00 AM on road trip in Durham

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/09/07/five-catholic-hs-football-players-kicked-off-team-for-hiring-prostitutes-during-road-trip/related/

18 parent chaperones 1:30 bed check, 4:00 AM hall check.

throatybeard
09-07-2012, 05:31 PM
DeMatha Football players sneak hookers into hotel at 5:00 AM on road trip in Durham

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/09/07/five-catholic-hs-football-players-kicked-off-team-for-hiring-prostitutes-during-road-trip/related/

18 parent chaperones 1:30 bed check, 4:00 AM hall check.

I don't know about anybody else, but I couldn't afford prostitutes when I was that age.

gus
09-07-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't know about anybody else, but I couldn't afford prostitutes when I was that age.

I don't think I could afford one now either, if you factor in all the other costs. Like divorce lawyers.

MCFinARL
09-07-2012, 11:39 PM
The best part of this story (or worst, depending on your point of view), as reported in the Washington Post, was that a parent of one of the boys, speaking anonymously, complained bitterly that the boys should have been more effectively chaperoned. Apparently there were bed checks at 1 am and 4 am, which already means the chaperones weren't really sleeping through the night. So perhaps the parent thought the chaperones should stay up all night posted at the students' bedsides? Obviously, if you are traveling with a large group of high school age boys, you can expect them to try to do stupid stuff. But if they don't know better than to order hookers online after the last bedcheck, I'm not thinking that is really the chaperones' fault.

gep
09-07-2012, 11:57 PM
When my kids went on educational tours (I know, not really a sports team), the entire group was on one floor, and there was a guard EVERY night in the hallway in view of the elevators and exit stairways. Only option, at that point, was the windows. I don't remember about back then, but many hotel windows now cannot be opened wide enough for a human to fit through. I guess I considered this to be "effective".

BigWayne
09-08-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm sure the going rate in Durham is a lot less than back home in DC. Might even be a discount near dawn.

dcdevil2009
09-08-2012, 01:54 AM
I don't think I could afford one now either, if you factor in all the other costs. Like divorce lawyers.

So are you saying that you get what you pay for?

Duke of Nashville
09-08-2012, 02:24 AM
I was able to sneak a girl into my room on a school "chaperoned" event. It's not that difficult. It takes some serious guts to try and pull it off because these chaperones do pace the halls periodically. What you have to worry about is the word of mouth. It spreads fast and usually gets you call into the Principal’s office when you return.

It's a shame what these boys did though. Were any of these kids under 18? SMH.....

Sorry to my father (who is a poster) if you read this. But it's board code….

Bluedevil114
09-08-2012, 07:41 AM
I graduated from DeMatha in 1991. This is a school rich in tradition and full of character. It was disappointing to hear that the students would put themselves above the school and above the football team. This does not fall on the chapperones but on the parents of these kids. What are they teaching them at home? DeMatha dominated in North Carolina and then last night picked up a huge win over a very tough team from Baltimore avoiding the distractions of the day.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/dematha-vs-calvert-hall-stags-hold-on-for-23-14-win-on-a-difficult-day/2012/09/07/47c81a72-f945-11e1-8398-0327ab83ab91_story.html

Danny Ferry, Quinn Cook and Kenny Blakeney all went to DeMatha. Coach Mike Brey also came from DeMatha.

TruBlu
09-08-2012, 10:57 AM

Great! NOW you tell me!

allenmurray
09-08-2012, 11:28 AM
As a 30 year resident of Durham I'd like to point out that the players were staying in a hotel in Morrisville. The "hookers" were procured on-line - no indication they were from Durham (Raleigh is closer to Morrisville than is Durham, and is 5 times the size). Yet somehow folks need to call this a Durham issue.

DevilWearsPrada
09-08-2012, 12:17 PM
As a 30 year resident of Durham I'd like to point out that the players were staying in a hotel in Morrisville. The "hookers" were procured on-line - no indication they were from Durham (Raleigh is closer to Morrisville than is Durham, and is 5 times the size). Yet somehow folks need to call this a Durham issue.

I just saw on NEWS 14, the hotel was a Holiday Inn in Morrisville, close to the RDU airport and located in Wake County.

http://triangle.news14.com/content/663705/5-md--high-school-football-players-removed-from-team-after-prostitution-incident-after-nc-road-game

The Morrisville Police department is still investigating the incident. I would think the Football players would mostly be minors (under 18).

How much money did these Football players have? Several Hundred dollars? Wow, times sure have changed!

PSurprise
09-08-2012, 12:53 PM

As a Durham native, thank you for pointing this out. The only connection to Durham was playing Hillside. This is what we have for journalism nowadays, I'm afraid.

SharkD
09-10-2012, 01:14 AM
As a Durham native, thank you for pointing this out. The only connection to Durham was playing Hillside. This is what we have for journalism nowadays, I'm afraid.

No such thing. The Herald-Sun is almost entirely handled in Kentucky (layout, copyrwriting, editing), these days; the N&O mostly leans on Charlotte-based resources; WTVD is practically WTVR.

Acymetric
09-10-2012, 02:52 PM

With that in mind is there any chance we could change the thread title to something else?

BD80
09-10-2012, 04:11 PM
With that in mind is there any chance we could change the thread title to something else?

Well, if Dematha's team were called the Dolphins, Durham's team the Pride, and the hookers were from VaTech's Petroleum and Natural Resources Engineering, we could go with:

"Transporting miners across staid lions for immoral porpoises."

wilko
09-10-2012, 07:51 PM

Looks like someone has been reading "Pearls Before Swine"
It would have been simpler to say "Late DeMatha scores are out of bounds"

Pghdukie
09-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Well, if Dematha's team were called the Dolphins, Durham's team the Pride, and the hookers were from VaTech's Petroleum and Natural Resources Engineering, we could go with:

If there were a handful of players involved- would they be called the "FAB FIVE" !!