PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Angle!

devilsadvocate85
03-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Just curious, because I wondered about this when watching the game.

Am I nuts, or does anyone else wonder how this ends up being a foul on McRoberts when Hansbrough is clearly grabbing him?

(forgot to credit goduke.com for the picture)

tombrady
03-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Because depending where Hans was, McRoberts could easly be sweeping him away/back with his arms -- essentially a backwards push. That would be a foul.

devilsadvocate85
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM
McRoberts is chasing the ball and Hansbrough is clearly grabbing his shoulder. This is so typical of Hansbrough, grab, shove, push, bump, etc....then act like he's been shot when anyone does the same to him. McRoberts may have swept his arm back, but who grabbed him first?

BluBones
03-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Because depending where Hans was, McRoberts could easly be sweeping him away/back with his arms -- essentially a backwards push. That would be a foul.

Exactly. McRoberts may be running over Hans on his way to the ball. Impossible to tell w/o looking at video instead of a still.

devilsadvocate85
03-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Hansbrough is grabbing McRoberts from behind. McRoberts is looking at the ball and moving toward it.

Cavlaw
03-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Hansbrough is grabbing McRoberts from behind. McRoberts is looking at the ball and moving toward it.
If Hansbrough had initiated that, his head would have been positioned further to side to keep and eye on the ball and not catch an elbow to the face...

It looks to me like Tyler was trying to raise his arm up defensively after Josh had already started his pushoff.

But... as the other state, you need to see video to know what happened for sure.

elvis14
03-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Just curious, because I wondered about this when watching the game.

Am I nuts, or does anyone else wonder how this ends up being a foul on McRoberts when Hansbrough is clearly grabbing him?

(forgot to credit goduke.com for the picture)

Ah...hello...we are talking about Hansblahblahblah. For the life of me I can not figure out why this guy gets so many calls. Early in the game yesterday he was behind McClure, he hit DM in the back of the head with a forearm got the rebound and put it back for 2. No call. I backed it up and watched it several times, it was blatent, no call. He sticks his arse into Lance, call against Lance. Again, watched it a couple of times, bad call. That's just 2 examples in addition to this picture of times in just yesterday's game. Every time I see Carowina play TH gets calls all day. He's a good player and some of the calls he gets are a result of his skill and strength but overall it's just silly the way he gest constant protection from the stripes.