PDA

View Full Version : Why the word "pool" starts with the letter P

JasonEvans
08-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Ryan Lochte admits (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/ryan-lochte-used-olympic-pool-purposes-other-swimming-204307621--oly.html) what all of us already knew.

I haven't been a competitive swimmer in over a decade, but I coached for a long time after and I can safely report nothing's changed. Everyone does it. There's a name for swimmers who say they've never gone in the pool: Liars.

-Jason "I join Ryan and this author in admitting it, I too have peed in the pool!" Evans

PSurprise
08-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Anyone who has spent any time in the pool and says they've never "gone" are flat-out lying. Mmmmm, that warm feeling around you for those few seconds... ;)

davekay1971
08-04-2012, 11:22 AM
My mother-in-law says she has a chemical in the pool that turns urine bright green for the world to see. Despite having all sorts of kids in her pool all the time, the water has never once turned bright green. Do you think, that, just maybe, she's lying too? Only one way to find out. Let me chug a gigantic icy cold coke and go swimming!!

Olympic Fan
08-04-2012, 01:35 PM
I guess Lochte's admission adds new meaning to Professor Harold Haill's famous warning:

Trouble, oh we got trouble,
Right here in River City!
With a capital "T"
That rhymes with "P[ee]"
And that stands for Pool,

Dukefan1.0
08-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Swimmers peeing in the pool not a big surprise as I believe NASCAR drivers also "go" during the middle of race.
I will also admit to going to the bathroom in the pool. However, when I was little I learned a small but important difference between peeing in the pool and peeing into the pool its all about location :D.

JasonEvans
08-04-2012, 02:22 PM
My mother-in-law says she has a chemical in the pool that turns urine bright green for the world to see. Despite having all sorts of kids in her pool all the time, the water has never once turned bright green. Do you think, that, just maybe, she's lying too? Only one way to find out. Let me chug a gigantic icy cold coke and go swimming!!

It is also possible that the company that markets the chemical is lying. Every pool has been peed in.... multiple times. This is simply a fact.

-Jason