PDA

View Full Version : FB: Clemson's Sammy Watkins suspended for two games

jimsumner
08-03-2012, 09:51 PM
From Clemson press release.

"Clemson sophomore receiver Sammy Watkins has been suspended for the first two games of the 2012 season by Head Coach Dabo Swinney. The suspension is the result of his arrest this past May.

Watkins will miss the season opener against 25th ranked Auburn in Atlanta on September 1 and the home opener against Ball State on September 8."

subzero02
08-03-2012, 11:51 PM
That hurts his heisman hopes for sure... Do you know what he was arrested for in May?

subzero02
08-04-2012, 12:00 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2012-08-03/Clemson-Sammy-Watkins-suspended-two-games/56764730/1

Marijuana and 2 pills he didn't have a presription for...

gofurman
08-04-2012, 01:03 AM
No, No, ---- you see you are supposed to be like an Ohio State and suspend Sammy Watkins (since he is a superstar) for the Furman and Duke games in a selective manner.
Dont actually institute a punishment that hurts - I didnt know schools did that anymore. I applaud Clemson - shows that whether it is Furman or Auburn they just say - "you are out for the next two games no matter the opponent"... good for them. That is rare. I am pretty sure a school like Ohio State would have picked Duke, Furman, and Ball State and said "look, we suspended him for 3 key games". Ugh, dont beat my Furman Paladins by more than 60 please. Go Duke, Go Furman !

In case it needs recall my 1AA Paladins beat UNC with Julius Peppers and 3 TOP TEN Draft Picks on the DLine (!!!!) 28-3 in 1999. Three top ten draft picks on the DL and they couldnt stop a 1AA school from putting up 4 touchdowns. L O L - guess they do need to cheat over there.
And they paid us $500K or so for coming as a guaranteed win - L O L; punk suckers got what they deserved at UNC - Cheat
---
Sammy Watkins suspended for two games

From Clemson press release.

"Clemson sophomore receiver Sammy Watkins has been suspended for the first two games of the 2012 season by Head Coach Dabo Swinney. The suspension is the result of his arrest this past May.

Watkins will miss the season opener against 25th ranked Auburn in Atlanta on September 1 and the home opener against Ball State on September 8."
----

elvis14
08-04-2012, 05:25 PM
The bad thing about Sammy getting suspended is how much the fans at Clemson love him. And with good reason, he's a big play waiting to happen at all times. I hate that we won't get to see him play against Auburn, in particular. I'm glad that Clemson is handing out a punishment that's significant enough to send the appropriate message to the team and to Sammy but not so severe that the kid ends up paying long term. Would love to see Clemson get some momentum back after that disastrous loss to WVu.

gofurman, my first game in Death Valley was Clemson vs. Furman. It was about 1000 degrees and our seats were at the top of the "S" in "TIGERS". My girlfriend almost passed out climbing back up to our seats after halftime. Come to think of it, she had been at a music camp at Furman earlier that year.

elvis14 (Lander '89, Clemson '92)