PDA

View Full Version : Meet The New Blue Devils

Native
08-02-2012, 09:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS984T19WTY&feature=g-all-u

Marshall once again killing it in the interviews. "So I was walking back from this gourmet cooking class that I teach..."

duke1983
08-02-2012, 09:19 AM
I love Marshall's Kurt Rambis reference. "I'm like a spicy fusion between J.R. Smith, Kurt Rambis, and a dash of Kyrie Irving"

OldPhiKap
08-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Marshall once again killing it in the interviews. "So I was walking back from this gourmet cooking class that I teach..."

He sure is one spicy mix.

(not sure if Amile knows how to take Marshall -- very funny)

dukebsbll14
08-02-2012, 11:19 AM
bahahha the squirrels. "They look at you like YOU'RE supposed to run!" True that.

moonpie23
08-02-2012, 11:36 AM
let's rock blue devils!!!!

Dev11
08-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Quinn Cook has Rodney Hood on the Cookout diet. That is the best way to turn a regular 6-6 basketball player into Charles Barkley.

flyingdutchdevil
08-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Quinn Cook has Rodney Hood on the Cookout diet. That is the best way to turn a regular 6-6 basketball player into Charles Barkley.

Cookout - the only place in America where you can get a corn dog and a chicken wrap as your two "sides". Can Cook put Amile on that diet as well? The ACC is filled with some big boys.

elvis14
08-02-2012, 03:42 PM
What a great video. These are great kids. Marshall is just hilarious with the mic, that is when he's not teaching a gourmet cooking class. Love they way Rasheed talked about playing defense at Duke. He already gets it. I'm so ready for the next season!

juise
08-02-2012, 05:50 PM
bahahha the squirrels. "They look at you like YOU'RE supposed to run!" True that.

In my days (~10 years ago), there was a guy had a squirrel trap made of laundry basket propped up with a rope to pull out the prop. He just sat there on a main quad bench waiting for a squirrel to take the food bait. He might have been reading or something too... can't remember.

revmel53
08-02-2012, 07:16 PM
It is again refreshing to experience Duke kids who aren't over-confident... unlike those down the road... I'm excited about these kids.

Cameron
08-02-2012, 10:59 PM
I love Duke. There isn't another team in all of sports that I'd rather have grown up with. Coach K and his staff just continue to kill it on the recruiting trail year after year by finding not only topflight talent, but also topflight people. You'd be pressed extremely hard to find a more polished group of men any given year, on any level, than the crew that calls Durham home.

Marshall and his comparison to Kurt Rambis is purely hilarious. Marshall is beginning to remind me more and more of Nick Horvath, who was a spicy fusion of Bob Cousy, King Kong and Robert Parish. He has big shoes to fill.

Greg_Newton
09-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Great video interview with Amile: http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205683980&DB_OEM_ID=4200

ricks68
09-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Great video interview with Amile: http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205683980&DB_OEM_ID=4200

The interview kinda gave me chills. How is it that we seem to come up with so many intelligent players? Kudos to what Coach K and Duke stand for. I also can't wait to see Amile's body in a few years after working out with our great staff. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.;)) His chest is really big with a very small waist and long thin arms. By the time he bulks up, I think he may have the potential to be more of a "Dog" than the guy sitting on the bench in the background of the video at practice. I am ecstatic that he will be representing Duke on and off the court.

ricks

Greg_Newton
09-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Same here... what a kid. I'm coming around more and more to the idea that he'll find some PT this year; not only does he have a great attitude/IQ, he's a 'bold (for lack of a better word) competitor who doesn't back down from anybody.

There's probably a less cliche way to describe that, but you know how Mason and Miles would often double-clutch around the rim early in their careers, seeming to sacrifice some of their advantage in order to completely ensure that they wouldn't get blocked in an embarrassing manner? In a nutshell, Amile is the polar opposite of that maneuver.

Cameron
09-12-2012, 11:37 PM
I also can't wait to see Amile's body in a few years after working out with our great staff. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.;)) His chest is really big with a very small waist and long thin arms. By the time he bulks up, I think he may have the potential to be more of a "Dog" than the guy sitting on the bench in the background of the video at practice. I am ecstatic that he will be representing Duke on and off the court.

ricks

If I wasn't such a hardcore fan who was dreaming about the same thing, I would think what I had just read was the back cover of an adult video. :D

Agreed on all counts. At nearly 6'10" with hands the size of baseball gloves and the ability to absolutely hightail it in transition, Amile could be wicked good if he stays the four full years. He's the blueprint for a dream forward. It's simply a matter of utter desire at this point.

COYS
09-13-2012, 09:32 AM

This really is a fantastic interview. It just goes to show all the things that go into recruiting. Amile seems like a perfect fit at Duke in every possible way. I look forward to seeing him develop over the next few years at Duke.

Faison1
09-13-2012, 10:35 AM
This really is a fantastic interview. It just goes to show all the things that go into recruiting. Amile seems like a perfect fit at Duke in every possible way. I look forward to seeing him develop over the next few years at Duke.

WOW!!!! What a kid! I just want to give him a hug!

It would be icing on the cake if he can play well, too. I'm rooting for you, Amile!

mdj
09-13-2012, 10:41 AM
The interview kinda gave me chills. How is it that we seem to come up with so many intelligent players? Kudos to what Coach K and Duke stand for. I also can't wait to see Amile's body in a few years after working out with our great staff. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.;)) His chest is really big with a very small waist and long thin arms. By the time he bulks up, I think he may have the potential to be more of a "Dog" than the guy sitting on the bench in the background of the video at practice. I am ecstatic that he will be representing Duke on and off the court.

ricks

had similar reaction. congrats to Amile's Mom and Dad for raising such an intelligent mature young man. I know we don't have a monopoly on quality kids but it is really really easy to root for this team year in and year out.

NSDukeFan
09-13-2012, 11:09 AM
had similar reaction. congrats to Amile's Mom and Dad for raising such an intelligent mature young man. I know we don't have a monopoly on quality kids but it is really really easy to root for this team year in and year out.

I agree completely with your comments and many of those above. What a great bunch of guys to cheer for.

Greg_Newton
09-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Amile, Marshall & Quinn stealing the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKZcIJE4Hqo

Native
09-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Amile, Marshall & Quinn stealing the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKZcIJE4Hqo

Great video. Big ups to the guy with the "festivities table".

"So what are you guys doing this weekend?"

"Uh, USING IT."

Should have gone over there this weekend. I could pass for a grad student, right?

UrinalCake
09-14-2012, 09:30 AM
I wasn't aware that the grad students rent big moving trucks and use them as shelters. Pretty smart idea, though it does kind of ruin the spirit of "camping out" IMO. Back in my day we had no trucks, wifi, cell phones, etc. Now get off my lawn!

Saratoga2
09-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Nice trend in recruiting to get Rasheed and Amile this year along with Alex finally getting to play and Rodney sitting this year but coming next year. Next year we will also have Matt and Semi coming with other intriguing possibilities. What I call a trend is a move to more size and flexibility at some of the key positions including shooting guard and small forward. The small forwards have the flexibility to move to PF in a pinch, which may be more the case in the following season than the upcoming one. Not to forget Andre, who I understand will also be coming back in the following season.

I believe having three small guards has been a weakness, even though the individual players are of excellent quality. We will see this come to and end after this season and will clearly need to replenish the PG position in the 2014 class. Perhaps a powerful player for center would also be in order. Of the players we are recruiting, It appears that Tyrus Joes and Jahlil Okaafor fit the bill in those categories.

I am pleased with the recruiting and the quality of kids the program has attracted and kept. I look forward to a very strong season and see a bright future for the program as well. The coaching staff is to be congratulated and especially those that has been instrumental in the recent recruiting.

MarkD83
09-14-2012, 08:15 PM
With all the versatile forwards coming in I am interested in seeing how our D improves as well as fast-break points and killer runs feed by denying the wing pass.

Greg_Newton
09-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Meet Rodney Hood (http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=4200&id=1054981&ATCLID=205689980&ATCLPID=&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_OEM_ID=4200) (GoDuke video interview).

Seems like a nice kid. Also thought it was kinda cool to see this (retweeted by Rodney): Reginald Sims ‏@FollowThisDude Not everyone gets to play and represent for the school they grew up loving...S/O to @Rodneyhood4 for grindin everyday! We #Salute you bro