PDA

View Full Version : White Lake, NC

nocilla
07-19-2012, 11:58 AM
We were considering taking a trip to White Lake and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to stay. We would have 6-8 people, mostly small kids. I did find a few places through google, although some of them don't list prices or provide a lot of details. And I find the reviews from peers are usually more helpful anyway.

I haven't been since the 90's when I went for FFA camp. I see they have a waterpark there now that looks pretty nice. Suggestions for restaurants are wlecome too. Thanks.

DevilWearsPrada
07-19-2012, 01:44 PM
White Lake and Elizabethtown do not have alot of options for restaurants, shopping or activities. Bladen county is a very rural area.

A good Southern cooking menu and buffet restaurant is the Front Porch Restaurant.

http://www.frontporchrestaurant.com/

There are a couple of good Barbeque restaurants in Elizabethtown, also.

Have a safe vacation!

ncexnyc
07-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Since Fayetteville is right up the road from White Lake I asked several of my co-workers about the various options for eating out while in the White Lake area.

Several mentioned the Front Porch, however 4 said it was good and 2 said it was terrible, but in honesty they hadn't been there within the past year. They were all in agreement that Melvin's was the place to go for burgers.

I was also told they had a nice Mexican place in the location that used to house the place called, The Barn.

pamtar
07-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Unless you have a boat, or are going to rent a house on the lake, there is absolutely nothing to do in white lake besides sunbathe, play golf, or go to the pavilion. You could do a hotel in etown but you would probably grow tired of driving to sit on the jam-packed beach. House rentals are fairly cheap and most offer relative seclusion and a private pier. Melvins is awesome. Just get there early, as in 10am early. Last tip - find out from the locals what pole golf is and try to play at least one round while you're there!

pamtar
07-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Oh, the driftwood grill is good for breakfast and san jose is decent meki with a bar. I could prolly set up some wakeboard lessons if you wanna pm me.

Rogue
07-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Melvins Hamburgers on main street.. there is a famers market around the corner from Melvins, and there is a bakery,, Burney's I think is the name,, they have a glazed croissant that will knock your socks off.. they also serve a lunch I think..