PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting update

duketaylor
07-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Coach K has offered two more players per BDR:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Theo-Pinson-121427

http://rivals.yahoo.com/Minnesota/basketball/recruiting/player-Justise-Winslow-123703

Lots of offers out there, something different.

Peach Jam starts tonight in Augusta and virtually every Duke recruit's there except Jabari Parker, who is out injured. He will sit out the remainder of the AAU season. 9F9F9F!!!

gam7
07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Coach K has offered two more players per BDR:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Theo-Pinson-121427

http://rivals.yahoo.com/Minnesota/basketball/recruiting/player-Justise-Winslow-123703

Lots of offers out there, something different.

Peach Jam starts tonight in Augusta and virtually every Duke recruit's there except Jabari Parker, who is out injured. He will sit out the remainder of the AAU season. 9F9F9F!!!

Others not playing in the Peach Jam include Austin Nichols and Robert Hubbs (I think). Interesting that virtually all of our targets are on Nike teams.

I believe we now have four offers out to 2014 - Okafor, Jones, Winslow, Pinson.

Class of '94
07-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Others not playing in the Peach Jam include Austin Nichols and Robert Hubbs (I think). Interesting that virtually all of our targets are on Nike teams.

I would be curious to see when Duke offered Pision becuase a fill-in host on the David Glenn show earlier this afternoon spent some time talking about UNC and Roy giving Pinson an official offer; and if UNC offered first, I'm sure it will give Carolina fans the opportunity to say that K only offered Pinson a scholly because Roy did even though Pinson has been to Duke multiple times over the last 2 years.

OldPhiKap
07-18-2012, 04:40 PM
If anyone is down here for the P'Jam, shoot me a p.m. -- OPK

crote
07-18-2012, 09:09 PM

Anyone know what the deal is with Andrew Wiggins? He's currently 2014, although I recall some talk that he is considering reclassifying to 2013. Are we going after him?

Greg_Newton
07-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure that Pinson actually has an offer yet, despite what Rivals says. In any case, they're both great 2014 wing prospects for which there's a lot of interest on both ends.

Wiggins has generally been considered a UK/FSU lock, and hasn't said much publicly to dissuade that notion. We're supposedly lightly involved, but I wouldn't hold out much hope. Boy, what a talent though.

gam7
07-19-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure that Pinson actually has an offer yet, despite what Rivals says. In any case, they're both great 2014 wing prospects for which there's a lot of interest on both ends.

Wiggins has generally been considered a UK/FSU lock, and hasn't said much publicly to dissuade that notion. We're supposedly lightly involved, but I wouldn't hold out much hope. Boy, what a talent though.

Strangely, Rivals lists Pinson as having an offer, but the first sentence of the latest article about Pinson and Duke on Rivals (dated 7/13) (even non-members can see the first sentence) says that he does not have an official offer yet.

CDu
07-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Strangely, Rivals lists Pinson as having an offer, but the first sentence of the latest article about Pinson and Duke on Rivals (dated 7/13) (even non-members can see the first sentence) says that he does not have an official offer yet.

Perhaps it is a silent verbal offer? :)

yancem
07-19-2012, 01:13 PM

That has been my impression as well but I remember reading an article not to long ago where he evidently refuted this notion and said he was interested in Duke. Not sure if he was blowing smoke to either maintain suspense or to garner an offer to notch his bed post with but he may not be the UK/FSU lock that most of think he is.

COYS
07-19-2012, 04:20 PM
That has been my impression as well but I remember reading an article not to long ago where he evidently refuted this notion and said he was interested in Duke. Not sure if he was blowing smoke to either maintain suspense or to garner an offer to notch his bed post with but he may not be the UK/FSU lock that most of think he is.

To be fair to the basketball recruits out there, he might really want to explore other options even if he is still very likely to end up at FSU or UK. I remember when I was visiting colleges, I had two that were always my top two starting with the end of my junior year in college, but I still did my due diligence, even though I ended up at one of those two. Of course, I wasn't a recruited basketball player or anything. Turns out there isn't a market for 5'11 small forwards who have had knee surgery and can't shoot particularly consistently =).

watzone
07-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Pinson has had an offer for a while now but he didn't seem to know it. Winslow was offered last week and went for 17 and 14 today at the Peach Jam. Julius Randle blew up for 34 pts and 16 boards in is teams win, Jones had 15.

BD80
07-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Pinson has had an offer for a while now but he didn't seem to know it. ...

Seems inconsistent with Coach K's reputation as a communicator ...

devildeac
07-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Pinson has had an offer for a while now but he didn't seem to know it. Winslow was offered last week and went for 17 and 14 today at the Peach Jam. Julius Randle blew up for 34 pts and 16 boards in is teams win, Jones had 15.

Seems inconsistent with Coach K's reputation as a communicator ...

Must have been that silent verbal again;).

OldPhiKap
07-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Must have been that silent verbal again;).

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

devildeac
07-19-2012, 06:26 PM
A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

I think you meant this:

A Nod is As Good As a Wink to a Blind Horse