PDA

View Full Version : Toto, see if they have a warrant before letting them in

OldPhiKap
07-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Kansas basketball may be in serious, Federal doo-doo:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Kansas-Jayhawks-players-marijuana-drug-ring-bust-071212

CameronBornAndBred
07-13-2012, 09:27 AM
It may be too PPB, but I think it's funny every time a high profile athlete gets busted for weed. Makes it kinda hard to tell a kid to not smoke dope "because you don't want to be like that guy that was on the cover of Sports Illustrated last week".

FerryFor50
07-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Well, I guess we know why Kansas came out so sluggish against Kentucky now...

Cameron
07-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Well, I guess we know why Kansas came out so sluggish against Kentucky now...

They were doing tryptophan in the locker room?

wilko
07-13-2012, 11:51 AM
They were doing tryptophan in the locker room?

Visions of cooking turkey sandwiches... a spoonful at time.

Bojangles4Eva
07-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't see why this is a big deal at all for the basketball program. This article stated that testing is done to all incoming freshman and when they make postseaon play. So that means for most people on the team thats what, once a year? For hardcore potheads weed can stay in your system for around a month, but for people who do it infrequently, or people who are very active it can be cleared from your system within a matter of days. Therefore, just testing for it once a year doesn't really ensure that you are running a drug free program (at least pot-wise). Thats an NCAA rule, and KS could have multiple people on their team smoking pot and still be able to pass that test, meaning the team wasn't covering up anything, and therefore not breaking any NCAA rules, right? Plus, they are doing something that the vast majority of students at any major university are doing too, so why should that result in a punishment for the program?

Plus, and I am not a lawyer, just because people say they sold to members on the team, I'm assuming the police have not actually confiscated marijuana from any of the players, so can they really be punished for anything?