PDA

View Full Version : I Remember

DrPhilTheThrill
07-08-2012, 04:12 PM
when Duke won it all in 2001 and 2010, being at the Duke-UNC game in 2000 when Joe Forte hit the 3 to go to OT and Duke pulled out the win, seeing Wojo slap the floor, watching Jay Williams lead Duke to victory after being down 10 with a minute to go against Maryland (my favorite game to this day), being front row of the Cameron Crazies this year against Florida State (even though that wasn't the buzzer beater I wanted to see), and crying as a little boy when Duke lost to Connecticut in the National Championship in '99.

Just wanted to share my fondest Duke memories in my first post on the boards. GO BLUE DEVILS!

OldPhiKap
07-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the board! A good list, for sure.

Cell-R
07-08-2012, 10:16 PM
when Duke won it all in 2001 and 2010, being at the Duke-UNC game in 2000 when Joe Forte hit the 3 to go to OT and Duke pulled out the win, seeing Wojo slap the floor, watching Jay Williams lead Duke to victory after being down 10 with a minute to go against Maryland (my favorite game to this day), being front row of the Cameron Crazies this year against Florida State (even though that wasn't the buzzer beater I wanted to see), and crying as a little boy when Duke lost to Connecticut in the National Championship in '99.

Just wanted to share my fondest Duke memories in my first post on the boards. GO BLUE DEVILS!

One of my fondest memories, although the outcome was hard to swallow - watching the FSU game this past season from the front row alongside you DrPhilTheThrill!

Fancy seeing you on this message board!

-Rolvix

Cameron
07-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Welcome. My favorite aspect of this board is reliving the most exhilarating -- and, sometimes, most saddening -- memories of Duke lore. Thanks for bringing to light some great ones.

DrPhilTheThrill
07-08-2012, 11:58 PM
One of my fondest memories, although the outcome was hard to swallow - watching the FSU game this past season from the front row alongside you DrPhilTheThrill!

Fancy seeing you on this message board!

-Rolvix

Hahaha, small world Rolvix. Yes, you sir were responsible for the greatest sports memory of my life. And it included a Duke loss, imagine that. I saw this board online and figured I'll need it to stay on top of things when I'm no longer in ACC country.