PDA

View Full Version : Plumlee Signs

BD80
07-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Not sure how, but Plumlee has signed with the Pacers - I thought they had to wait until July 11

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19506696/pacers-sign-top-draft-pick-plumlee

FerryFor50
07-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Good for Plumlee! Hope he can prove the critics wrong and show that Duke big men can have success in the NBA... (even though there are already several examples of that).

Bob Green
07-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Congratulations to Miles Plumlee! This Old Salt wishes Miles "Fair Winds and Following Seas" during his NBA future.

chrishoke
07-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Congratulations to Miles Plumlee! This Old Salt wishes Miles "Fair Winds and Following Seas" during his NBA future.

The old tar should hope that he "sticks" in the league. :)

blazindw
07-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Not sure how, but Plumlee has signed with the Pacers - I thought they had to wait until July 11

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19506696/pacers-sign-top-draft-pick-plumlee

I think they mean he's agreed to terms. You're right...contracts cannot be actually signed until July 11th. You can agree to offer sheets if you're a restricted free agent before July 11th, which you've seen already from several players.

Newton_14
07-05-2012, 09:20 PM
I think they mean he's agreed to terms. You're right...contracts cannot be actually signed until July 11th. You can agree to offer sheets if you're a restricted free agent before July 11th, which you've seen already from several players.

I could be wrong, but I think the moratorium is for free agent signings only, and teams can sign their draft picks at any time?

blazindw
07-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I could be wrong, but I think the moratorium is for free agent signings only, and teams can sign their draft picks at any time?

Hmm, upon further review, sounds like you're right...the moratorium is on free agent signings and trades...but still teams can sign RFAs (restricted free agents) to offer sheets, which won't trigger the matching clock until the moratorium period ends. I stand corrected! *hat tip*

-bdbd
07-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Hoping for great things from MP1 in the Association!

Given that many don't realize his gifts/capabilities, I am predicting that this Duke big man will greatly EXCEED expectations -- not that this will stop the carping about Duke big guys succeeding in the NBA, from those who would ignore Deng, Boozer, Hill, Brand, Battier, etc, etc.