PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis Trademarks His Unibrow

AtlBluRew
06-26-2012, 09:06 AM
.... Well, sort of. He has filed trademark applications for at least two phrases referring to his unibrow: "Fear the Brow" and "Raise the Brow." I have to admit I love this! He's put himself in position to profit from something that people have probably taunted him for all his life.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19420355/presumptive-no-1-pick-davis-trademarks-phrases-for-attentiongetting-unibrow

In related news, Harrison Barnes, trying to keep up, called a press conference to state that he, Harrison Barnes, has a laughably big nose. ;)

UrinalCake
06-26-2012, 09:13 AM
I would have gone with "The Brow Beater"

weezie
06-26-2012, 09:30 AM
GAAAH-ROSS

What a nauseating piece of news. I mean, really....

Duvall
06-26-2012, 11:01 AM
GAAAH-ROSS

What a nauseating piece of news. I mean, really....

How so? Other people have already been making money off of Davis' unibrow with T-shirts and the like - why shouldn't Davis get a piece of that for himself?

oldnavy
06-26-2012, 01:01 PM
How so? Other people have already been making money off of Davis' unibrow with T-shirts and the like - why shouldn't Davis get a piece of that for himself?

How about the "browser"....

dukebsbll14
06-26-2012, 01:30 PM
How about the "browser"....

Now I'm picturing what my web browser would look like with a giant uni-brow at the top of it. Thanks a lot.

Mike Corey
06-26-2012, 01:50 PM
I'd have urged him to get "Brow Lucher."

MCFinARL
06-26-2012, 01:52 PM

Re Davis himself, I completely agree with you--he is entitled to get in on the action. In broader terms, though, I have to agree with Weezie--as an example of the simultaneous trivialization and commodification of absolutely everything, I think this is yet another sign of the complete and utter collapse of Western civilization. Possibly I am kidding here, but I'm not actually sure. :confused:

weezie
06-26-2012, 02:36 PM

I meant his unibrow is gross. Whatevs if he makes money off of it.

flyingdutchdevil
06-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I meant his unibrow is gross. Whatevs if he makes money off of it.

Why is a unibrow gross? I'm actually being very serious

Tripping William
06-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Davis is going to have a bit of a fight (or may have to make a payment) to get FEAR THE BROW (at least for clothing items) because a company in Lexington, KY, named BlueZone LLC filed a U.S. trademark application before Davis did.

weezie
06-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Why is a unibrow gross? I'm actually being very serious

Well, I don't want to offend anyone here who may be sporting a unibrow as they read this, but I guess I was just raised in a 'culture' that values personal grooming in gentlemen. I like a clean middle field with two distinct eyebrows, but maybe that's just me. Otherwise it just looks grimey.
lol, I can't believe I'm trying to formulate my thoughts on why I dislike unibrows but I am happy to share my convictions!
Peace, my fellow poster!

Greg_Newton
06-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Eh, I think his whole campaign is gross, too. Same way I'd think it was gross if someone refused to trim their nose hair and tried to monetize it; it's just basic grooming. I won't make a fuss if you ignore it, but embracing and actively marketing it is not an appealing look to me.

His life, I suppose...

subzero02
06-26-2012, 07:24 PM
One of my favorite quotes from last year was along the line of "davis elevated so high his unibrow was above the rim"

weezie
06-26-2012, 11:36 PM
I'd think it was gross if someone refused to trim their nose hair

Yeah and now it's a total 10 on the barf-o-meter.

BD80
06-27-2012, 02:40 PM
... I'd think it was gross if someone refused to trim their nose hair ...

Actually, this is pretty much the case here. It's just the hair at the TOP of his nose